Give Oath of Homage Problem [SPOILER]

Users who are viewing this thread

I gave the letter to Rathbarth Ragnarsson and he told me to go to his brother Halfdan and give him my oath to be his vassal. The problem is i can't do that since i am a vassal of Denmark, how do i continue from there?

Ldsantana said:
Talk to the king of danmark and ask to be released from your oath

Do i HAVE to? I have a pretty little village in Denmark and i really don't want to start over in Christian territory. Do i need to move to Northumbria to progress the main quest?

Unfortunately so. I not only had village, I even had a town I had invested a lot of money in.

But I can tell you, in a long run I did not regret switching. Danmark is too passive, there is not much going on. Northhymbre is contantly at wars with its neighbors, easier to keep the loot coming and army happy. Besides, it being in England means I can actually expect help from friendly lords. With Danmark, even if I capture something over seas, they don't sail over to help protect it.

I took half of the pictish territory after switching to northymbre , i have now 1 major city and 2 castles and about 400 trained men in total plus 70.000 coins and a busse ship  :grin: it is totallly worth loosing your little village
( just a tip , bring 20~30 archers when you siege a pictish castle and you can beat 240 picts with 120 trained men in a siege , their lack of armor makes them really bad in siege battles)(edit:grin:un taruo and cell rigmoniad are very easy to take with this tactic)

i have the same problem, couse at the start of the game i make my oath with Hrorek Hemmingsson of Friese, and when he banished me from friese (for the quest "kill a King") he don't release me from my oath and now if i try to talk with him only appear the combat dialogue.
how can i fix it?

Back
Top Bottom