"get_object failed" error

Users who are viewing this thread

SMST

Knight at Arms
Hi, everyone.

I was lately trying to include Llew's Mout&Gladius pack into my newest module folder. I did this before with my old module, but I messed up with my scripts to the point that I needed to start all over again. So far, so nicely. But what worked previously created some nasty RGL errors this time. What I did (and what worked with my previous mod folder):

1. Created new module folder - copy of Native.
2. Put the roman_armor and gallic_armor BRFs into the ressource sub-folder, do the same with all of the textures into the texture sub-folder.
3. Declared some items using the models in the Python scripts, built module, no errors.
4. Started the game using the new module folder - but then an error occured: "get_object failed for roman_swords_spec"

Naturally, I checked the following:
1. The roman_swords_spec.dds is in the texture folder - check.
2. The roman_swords_spec.dds is set as specular of the roman_swords - material in the roman_armors.brf (in OpenBRF) - check.
3. The roman_swords - material is set as the material of the sword meshes, and all sword meshes can be viewed properly in OpenBRF, texture and all - chek.

Well, everything seems to be at the right place, what's more, it worked properly for me before, when I did nothing different as I did now. The only real thing I've changed is updating the Module System to v1.132 and I highly doubt this has anything to do with it.

Did I miss something? What does the output "get_object failed" mean, in general? If it occurs, what has, in general, gone wrong or what is missing, in general?

Thanks in advance for any help from anyone. Regards, SMST.:smile:

Have you modify your mod module.ini to load mod resources?
load_mod_resource = spd_banners
Mod resources (brf) need to be loaded properly. I keep them at the end (after the line crush_through_treshold = 3).

Yeah thats right.

It could be result of not having those BRFs loaded into the module ini.  You could also have them out of order, which the textures need to load before meshs, pending if you have them in separate BRF.

What could also cause such an error is if you have duplicate entries of BRF textures/dds

I checked your points, but the BRFs are loaded correctly in the module.ini and since textures, materials and meshes are all in one BRF, there is not likeley to be a wrong order. There are als no duplicate entries as far as I can say.

Well, having concluded the investigation of your problem within 1 minute total, It is clear that roman_swords_spec is in fact NOT in your texture folder.

Only roman_swords and roman_swords_NORM are there, which I have sorted the textures file alphabetically, so therefore it couldnt not be elsewhere within the file.

the dds is probably showing up in your BFR because it is in your WB master texture file.

I DID remove it (and destroyed any reference of that file in the BRF, which I restored before sending it to you) because I wanted to test what happens if the file that cannot be found isn't in fact needed by anything. Which may be a weird kind of approach, but well. I clearly forgot to re-add it before sending it to you, my mistake.

Still, the error occurs, with or without the texture.

Well, like I said the only error I see is the one I previously mentioned.

That error being the fact that the texture is being called for in material and textures, and that the texture is not in the textures file resulting in the error.

And I don't have your ini so I cant look there, which I guess you are comfortable with that not being an issue.

So what you should do is restore the folder to what you've given me, then readd the roman_swords_spec texture back to the textures file.

And so if you are getting the RGL error like that still, alphabetically sort the mod textures file and see if you have a duplicate of it, or then take a look at the master WB textures file to see if you have put a duplicate of it in there as well (ive done that a couple times  :lol: ).

So if your still having issues,  then since you have sent me the bulk of the mod, just send me the rest of the files and I will check it.

Problem solved. It seems that the texture is used in the gallic_armors.brf, too, which was loaded in the module.ini before the roman_armors.brf. Changed order, and it works.

Thanks for any help, especially to you, eleabor.:smile:

Ahh,

Yes I see.  It was being used as spec for gallic swords. Though I couldnt tell if that would be an error  without the ini

Well, have fun with the mod then  :wink:

Back
Top Bottom