Gekokujo II?

Users who are viewing this thread

I think he answered in another thread saying that he'd be interested in doing it in a different time period and/or expanding the world to include the mainland China + Korea.

A fine idea, I would either like to see it expanded, maybe to the Japanese Invasions of Korea, or an alternate history with Mongolian Invasions.
The Genpei era would be fine too, thought I prefer the Sengoku times  :mrgreen:

Honestly I prefer Boshin War. If bannerlord introduce musket and flintlock system again in it's engine. (although modifying crossbow to musket works too)

I liked the Boshin War in Total War More but for Mount and Blade i prefer the Sengoku time because it possible to have horrible guns but i really dislike playing Mods which are Focused on 19th Century to many bullets flying at you :/

But i have to admin that my Army is mostly full of Teppo units Muhahaha  :iamamoron:

What make me extremly exciting about Bannerlord is the Editor... its looks like its possible to make much fasster a Living world than in Warband. But i quess it will take quite long for the Charakter Models (Armor, weapons) or we will have mods with an AWesome world but Warband NPC's  :mrgreen:

gebhard001 said:
I think he answered in another thread saying that he'd be interested in doing it in a different time period and/or expanding the world to include the mainland China + Korea.

I actually exclaimed audible joy when I read this.

I love the era and the dynamic that getting rid of shields and the super fast horses does to the gameplay and just the amount of polish. I would love to see that expanded to an Imjin War-esque mod where at least Japanese clans, Joseon Korea, and Ming China are available, making a united Japan the end boss or Ming/Joseon the end boss for a united Japan.

I would also be excited to see a Boshin scenario on the same map, with a stretching of the timeline from Perry opening Japan to the 1st Sino Japanese war in terms of weapons and factions available (and not actual scripted timeline or whatever). Though were there a choice, I would choose expanded Sengoku to include more of East Asia over Boshin/Meiji Restoration/Satsuma Rebellion/etc.. Playing Sayazn, I could see Jacobhinds doing great work with that would he be favorable to undertaking a project like that once he was secure in the development level of his own mod.

MariusThePaladin said:
Boshin War ?

The Shogunate's samurai will learn to fear the power of my bolt-action rifle!  :smile:

Personally sounds like that would ruin it.  Muskets are already the most powerful range weapons in the game.. bolt action rifles would blow everything else away.  Heck even 19th Century Flint/Percussion Muskets would dominate. 

Personally an earlier era, or the current one would fit better in all respects. 

Yeah, the boshin war would devolve into boring 1870s linebattles pretty quickly, unless you did the Fall Of The Samurai thing and did away with historical accuracy completely by making one side technologically disadvantaged.

The war with Korea in the early Tokugawa sounds like it would be more interesting, especially as there are more than just 2 factions and a greater variety of viable weapons. Even so I feel the sengoku jidai fits the dynamic of mount and blade better. Hell, I think it suits it even better than the vanilla setting.

jacobhinds said:
Even so I feel the sengoku jidai fits the dynamic of mount and blade better. Hell, I think it suits it even better than the vanilla setting.
It´s a different pace I dare say. Just the lack of shields really changes everything, not to mention the cavalry being nowhere near as effective as in Native or the so much more dynamic sieges.

I was thinking more about the campaign map and how a playthrough plays out. Having a "warring states" type game set during the faux 1200s just feels off. Even in a well designed mod loke 1257ad it just gets weird when Poland starts annexing the balkans or whatever, but taking over Japan is actually a logical conclusion fpr both the player and the AI.

Yes, that too. Also the absence of "panic mode" (also known as "Curb other realm´s power") among the AI´s reasons for war makes Gekokujo´s campaign AI my favorite among Warband mods.

I'm most in favor of adding Korea, Manchuria, and part of China.  Though the  Thirty-Eight Years' War would be fun, too--but what can I say, I'm a big fan of the Emishi.

Back
Top Bottom