Gekokujo: Bugs and Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

jacobhinds said:
The AI code is inaccessible to modders, at least the vast majority of it is. That makes code like this a pain to write without causing stuttering.
That sucks. I wish this thing was more like CIV IV. You could make the dance in circles for you in that one.

soluuloi said:
I wish you could include Korea so I can go there and conquer the hell out of them.
Problem is that if you include Korea you have to include Ming China as well. Not that I'd not like that. But it would kind of bloat this mod to the point of insanity.

I just started playing warband a couple weeks ago and Genkokujo is by far my fav mod so far.  I'm having a small problem though.  When I go to the faction info screen to see who my faction is at war with, I can only see the first 5 or 6 factions.  I can't seem to figure out how to scroll to the left and right - only up and down.  The screen looks a little buggy as well.  Is there a hot key to scroll left/right as there is no scroll bar at the top or bottom like there is on the right side of screen to scroll up and down.  I'm a computer idiot so I'm sure I'm just missing something.  I must have this screen to play as I keep running straight into enemies that I don't know are my enemies.  Again, great mod and thank you so much for the hard work.

Wolfhammer said:
I just started playing warband a couple weeks ago and Genkokujo is by far my fav mod so far.  I'm having a small problem though.  When I go to the faction info screen to see who my faction is at war with, I can only see the first 5 or 6 factions.  I can't seem to figure out how to scroll to the left and right - only up and down.  The screen looks a little buggy as well.  Is there a hot key to scroll left/right as there is no scroll bar at the top or bottom like there is on the right side of screen to scroll up and down.  I'm a computer idiot so I'm sure I'm just missing something.  I must have this screen to play as I keep running straight into enemies that I don't know are my enemies.  Again, great mod and thank you so much for the hard work.
That's something that has carried over from the Diplomacy mod. Just use the reports screen to check each individual faction manually.

phlpp said:
haitch40 said:
phlpp said:
Okay, perfect, i'll add ai prioritization of polearms in field battles. 100% if a katana, wakizashi, or tachi is the other melee weapon in their inventory, 50% if they've got something else

The part about no smoke coming from firearms is weird though -- my particle effects aren't up to par with napoleonic wars or l'aigle, but there should be some there, triggering upon on firing or the bullet hitting something (whether a person or the ground)
100%? Doesn't that then make the Katana etc useless?
My reasoning was that they would use them mostly for sieges, which are often close-quarters. But on second thought I'll probably add something for when they're crowded or swarmed in a field battle and can't swing a polearm
Also if the polearm is a yari wouldn't they generally switch to a sword for infantry if they had one? I know you can fight with a yari but it isn't as good as a sword.

Oh and 1 more thing.

If the battle is split into two parts in freelancer and you get wounded in the first part then you don't get any loot (or commander relation for large battles) as you couldn't do part 2. Is there a way to fix this?

im thinking one of the things this wonderful mod could use is a player faction troop, perhaps...a return of the Ashikaga? Would make sense since its the previous rulers of the time period.

Way way too many provocations this is unplayable or you have to select the rare honorable lords, if you can have them..
If you don't answer all the provocations your lords hate you and if you answer all provocations you are at war with too many faction (even if you are in a remote place)
i give up for now.

Suggestion: Pistols? Weak, inaccurate, but fast to reload and reloadable on horseback.

Antique_Japanese_%28samurai%29_tanegashima_rifle_and_pistol.jpg

Antique_Japanese_%28samurai%29_tanegashima_pistol.jpg

That isn't a pistol. It is a short barrelled Ozutsu aka the hand cannon. That would be quite hard to wield on horseback. Pistols weren't around at this point. If you were somehow strong enough to lift that with one hand it would fly out of your hand when you fired it.

If you want a realistic horseback carbine then download Suguroku and add Ichimonji Hidetora's patch to it.

And recruiting the nanban? Apart from the select few who are represented in companions they didn't stay in Japan. Much less hire themselves out as mercenaries.

Einarr Jarl said:
Suggestion: Pistols? Weak, inaccurate, but fast to reload and reloadable on horseback.
Please, could you edit your post and add the spoiler tags to those images? It will keep your post within reasonable size and still allow people to see them.

Wolfhammer said:
I have added a way to scroll left and right in the upcoming 3.1 patch, thankfully. There's no horizontal scroll bar for some reason so I had to add next/previous buttons and I had to do it in a way that didn't bug out when factions are added or eliminated

well i played 3.0 alot and had never any big grafical probs but now after a few months break the date troups the elite onabushis, the ronin heros and the veteran hired warriors chnage their amour alll the time. during battle their amour changes from their original to naaba amour and coulrs change to. In the ppary menu their amour dont have textures too. it is kind of really annoying. i think it is because of my pc because i ddeletet and downloaeded it again and again but nothing changes. is it my pc or is it the mod???

You are not the first one to report this. But personally I have newer encountered it. So what ever it is it's intermittent and possibly related to your graphics settings.

haitch40 said:
That isn't a pistol. It is a short barrelled Ozutsu aka the hand cannon. That would be quite hard to wield on horseback. Pistols weren't around at this point. If you were somehow strong enough to lift that with one hand it would fly out of your hand when you fired it.

If you want a realistic horseback carbine then download Suguroku and add Ichimonji Hidetora's patch to it.

And recruiting the nanban? Apart from the select few who are represented in companions they didn't stay in Japan. Much less hire themselves out as mercenaries.

Actually... the ornate gun is definitely a pistol, I suppose the close up enlargement of it threw you off, the design is very similar to the ozutsu.

Back in those days the small pistols were thought of as useless on the battlefield because they lacked armor penetrating power even at close range, they are also uncomfortable to aim as it requires the wrist to bend downwards.

Icegoast said:
well i played 3.0 alot and had never any big grafical probs but now after a few months break the date troups the elite onabushis, the ronin heros and the veteran hired warriors chnage their amour alll the time. during battle their amour changes from their original to naaba amour and coulrs change to. In the ppary menu their amour dont have textures too. it is kind of really annoying. i think it is because of my pc because i ddeletet and downloaeded it again and again but nothing changes. is it my pc or is it the mod???
The hired warriors and ronin troop line are supposed to have random armors (within their tier), so that's on purpose.

The second one though -- usually the problem with textures is with the dynamic sashimono displaying a solid color during battle (and not in the menus). I can't replicate the problem with the armor. If it doesn't happen to you in native or the other mods, I don't want to say it's a problem with your computer, but I am not sure how I'll be able to fix it if I can't reproduce the bug for myself. I'll try to improve optimization at least and hope it does something

Back
Top Bottom