Gekokujo: Bugs and Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

quixotecoyote said:
Articulo34 said:
Bandits seem to get all cuddly if you improve relations with them without getting positive. I helped a bunch of them against a Miyoshi host (the enemy of my enemy is my ally, after all) and my relations with them improved to -1. Now they all keep attacking me regardless the amount of troops.

I'm seeing this too. I didn't notice it immediately after I joined on a bandit side, so I'm not as certain that's the cause.

Still, every two-bit bandit group wants to make a suicidal banzi run on my army, which is too slow to outrun it. If I can't figure a way to undo it, it's not worth playing the save, because every fourth step there's another 6 looters trying to mug my 120+ Elite Samurai army and it's bogged all the way down.

eta: Experimented with lowering their relation. Nothing seems to do it. I've killed hundreds, groups larger than mine, aided others against them, stormed their camp, nothing lowers the relation.

I had this and it was driving me insane.  Luckily, there's a solution.  Download the Mount and Blade save game editor.  Make a backup save just in case, then load it up in the editor.  Open up the factions group, then #2(outlaws), then relations.  Change relations (2:cool: to -0.15 and relations (29) to -0.05.  Then go back up to the main factions group, and open up the player faction and player supporter groups, 28 and 29.  Change their relations with group 2 to -0.15, then export the save.  No more having to choose between fighting a battle with 10 looters or losing 3 hatamoto in autocalc.

which town did that happen in? because the bug is either the wrong unit is being recruited or the correct unit has the wrong cost. ikko ji-samurai should only be recruitable in toyama castle, while monks are in all the fortresses and kanazawa, and ashigaru in the villages.

Yeah it was Toyama Castle. In 2.1 it was Pilgrem for 10 Mon and in 3.0 its Ji Samurai for 10 Mon.

Puddin_Tame said:
quixotecoyote said:
Articulo34 said:
Bandits seem to get all cuddly if you improve relations with them without getting positive. I helped a bunch of them against a Miyoshi host (the enemy of my enemy is my ally, after all) and my relations with them improved to -1. Now they all keep attacking me regardless the amount of troops.

I'm seeing this too. I didn't notice it immediately after I joined on a bandit side, so I'm not as certain that's the cause.

Still, every two-bit bandit group wants to make a suicidal banzi run on my army, which is too slow to outrun it. If I can't figure a way to undo it, it's not worth playing the save, because every fourth step there's another 6 looters trying to mug my 120+ Elite Samurai army and it's bogged all the way down.

eta: Experimented with lowering their relation. Nothing seems to do it. I've killed hundreds, groups larger than mine, aided others against them, stormed their camp, nothing lowers the relation.

I had this and it was driving me insane.  Luckily, there's a solution.  Download the Mount and Blade save game editor.  Make a backup save just in case, then load it up in the editor.  Open up the factions group, then #2(outlaws), then relations.  Change relations (2:cool: to -0.15 and relations (29) to -0.05.  Then go back up to the main factions group, and open up the player faction and player supporter groups, 28 and 29.  Change their relations with group 2 to -0.15, then export the save.  No more having to choose between fighting a battle with 10 looters or losing 3 hatamoto in autocalc.

That seems to have worked.

Thank you.

Out of curiosity, why those specific values (-.05 vs -.15)? I grasp generally what I just did, but am interested in the details.

Looters and Rebels hate me, I dont know if this is intended but, they always chase me even though I have 20 times bigger army

Cookie Eating Huskarl said:
Isilendis said:
Well i must admit that is an absolutely great idea, and it's realistic, but you have to take into consideration that the AI in Warband is dumb beyond belief, and no amount of modding would improve their behaviour. I remember when 1257 AD Devs coded the crap out of their mod and the AI was just slightly better, i sincerely hope Bannerlord will have a much better AI. So basically all i could think of was either forcing all the lords in game to use huge amount of hatamoto units so the fights are actually fun and fair, or use my approach and limit the number of hatamoto and increase their cost by a lot. Right now tho i must admit that i like your idea more but it's much more harder to implement :neutral:
I'm thinking those NPCs will have to be implemented akin to how the first bandit boss (the samurai who was with the 3 ashigarus) is handled. IIRC, he had a healthbar on the world map, like any other lord or companion NPC. So if the same system that allowed players to stack multiple lord-like npcs was implemented on the lords itself... You get my drift, but for now it's just wishful thinking. IMO, what if the lords could, at the start of the game have the entire line of hatamoto npcs hiring (akin to what adds a companion NPC to the player) occur to all the lords? Would that work? Since there is an option to ransom your companions at the slave traders, I assume that getting your companions captured is worked into the Warband system?

Also, despite the bad AI, the stats does make a difference to AI vs AI combat in warband, and the hatamoto simply outclass the ashigaru (and even the samurai) in both pure brute force and delicate skill.

One of the best killers I have seen around has still been the elite onnabushis. They are crazy, do not offend them.

I'm with you with limiting hatamotos. By no means should a realistic army be able to field all elite units. Which means the only way to increase your overall hatamoto count is to have your companions as landed lords or have other lords join you.

Sorry to bring back this discution but I think we have all forgotten about this great idea. I agree with both of them about the hatamoto guards to be NPC bodyguards and remove them from the troop tree

By the way could someone tell me how to use Morgh's editor to modify the mod to my taste. I would like to change some armors and weapons for some units. Thanks  :wink:

I´d like to add one thing to what jacobhinds said, do backups first. Morghs will ask you if you want to do them anytime you try to save but just in case do them yourself before touching anything.

It may be a known issue (or I've missed reading something, but no wonder at this heat here [I hate summer]) but playing as a woman and getting married, in the wedding cutscene there is no woman. It's funny how they lead an invisible woman to the altar.

Hm, had several other small issues with besieged stuff like script errors when they won't give up a castle, but I didn't take notice that time, so I'll try to list them here if they reoccur.

Ichigorukia56 said:
Are you going to included Korea in at a later date?
Official answer is "There are no plans to add Korea or a Korean Campaign". Unofficial answer is that my friends kept telling me not to go crazy and add Korea and just release the damn thing

phlpp said:
Official answer is "There are no plans to add Korea or a Korean Campaign". Unofficial answer is that my friends kept telling me not to go crazy and add Korea and just release the damn thing
Smart friends there

not a big deal but peasant woman after a few upgrades can upgrade to agent, but to MALE agent.. But i found out there is another troop type of agent which is a woman

guild master in Kiyosu stopped giving quests, i don' think this is normal (a few weeks already, no quests)
it was because the looter/bandit group for the quest got taken out by other party,

take quest > bandit taken out > quest cancelled with red message > quest option no longer shown in dialog

i can still increase relations by buying wine from innkeeper though, so not that gamebreaking

sikatjamban said:
guild master in Kiyosu stopped giving quests, i don' think this is normal (a few weeks already, no quests)
it was because the looter/bandit group for the quest got taken out by other party,

take quest > bandit taken out > quest cancelled with red message > quest option no longer shown in dialog

i can still increase relations by buying wine from innkeeper though, so not that gamebreaking
Wait 2-4 ingame weeks and the bastard should give you more quests

If Marty could look into having smaller text for the event log (like 1257's event/casualty log) that'll make the game's UI a lot more manageable during battle. The huge font size from vanilla was honestly a really bad design.

Cookie Eating Huskarl said:
If Marty could look into having smaller text for the event log (like 1257's event/casualty log) that'll make the game's UI a lot more manageable during battle. The huge font size from vanilla was honestly a really bad design.
Agree. That plus the the large name of some troops clutter the screen badly most of the time if you have "Show casualties" on.

Speaking of the log and information. Would be great to have an option (if possible) to just show information regarding your faction/party on the world map. I always miss important stuff within all the <spam>.

Back
Top Bottom