Gekokujo 3.0, 3.1 or GekoNew?

Users who are viewing this thread

lordkaho

Recruit
Granted, I haven't tested other conversion mods yet but when looking up topics on Gekokujo on M&B threads I really get confused sometimes partly because I know a lot of people here are using a frankenstein of assets and modules of what was once vanilla Gekokujo. To be safe, I simply went 3.0 with Soguroku and enhanced female face and hair textures (gosh this was a pain to get right).

But straight to the point, which version is considered the definitive edition of Gekokujo? I hear there is another custom version of Gekokujo called GekoNewer or something that was a seperate module in itself but I dont know.

Thanks in advance.

lordkaho said:
Granted, I haven't tested other conversion mods yet but when looking up topics on Gekokujo on M&B threads I really get confused sometimes partly because I know a lot of people here are using a frankenstein of assets and modules of what was once vanilla Gekokujo. To be safe, I simply went 3.0 with Soguroku and enhanced female face and hair textures (gosh this was a pain to get right).

But straight to the point, which version is considered the definitive edition of Gekokujo? I hear there is another custom version of Gekokujo called GekoNewer or something that was a seperate module in itself but I dont know.
Where can we see this mod or download it? All i found is http://boards.4chan.org/vg/thread/152116457/mbg-mount-blade-general.
I even can't find screenshots of it...

I can say about the thing you asked, Sugoroku was originally made for 3.0 Gekokujo, and just converted to 3.1 recently. Talking about dates, it must be one of latest submods of Gekokujo. phlpp didn't mind when community began working at Sugoroku, but it's only unofficial forum submod.  The definitive edition of Gekokujo is 3.1. (But i prefer stable 3.0)
btw, the name "Sugoroku" itself was chosen because of unpublished and unfinished great separate mod "Bunroku", they sound alike. The submod was named in honor of unrealized ambitions of those modders)) Also, a lot of stuff from there was used in submod.

restarted on 3.1 Sug 3.1 maybe a few months ago.  Haven't ran into any major bugs and its great.  Mind you, haven't joined any faction as a vassal yet, just hunting those bandit groups which seem to be growing...

Kharille said:
restarted on 3.1 Sug 3.1 maybe a few months ago.  Haven't ran into any major bugs and its great.  Mind you, haven't joined any faction as a vassal yet, just hunting those bandit groups which seem to be growing...
Remember to turn off random encounters unless you want to lose those sweet sashimonos in battle.

Kharille said:

I found this to be extremely buggy. For example, the first quest from the merchant is not completable. When you get to the part where you raid the mansion it loops a receiving a fief screen (from the merchant) whenever you try to enter it. It also shows a screen at the villages where it says that no one wants to join you but you can still recruit them. There may be others but once I try to complete that first quest and it bugs out I throw that installation away and try again. It's a shame because I like the stuff added by 3.1.

Screenshot of error at the village: https://goo.gl/photos/wjigg2Db7XRBArA89

Strange since I never ran into these bugs.  There was only one time I had issues when I tried to import save games from an earlier version.  Or the wrong Sugoroku patch causing trees to be just white silouhettes, and that time a samurai lord had a white face mask. 

Ran into my first bug today. It happens upong crossing the bridge near Edo which triggers an event where a single bandit ambushes you. A merchant guy comes in, saying he's taking you into his house, but here it teleports me to an empty space and trying to leave the area will simply place you back there again.

Seeing as there was no way of avoiding or even removing event I simply went back to 3.0 and just brough over all the new textures and meshes from 3.1. It's just not worth the hassle imo. Good thing I wasn't too far into the patch or else I woud have lost hours of game time.

I haven't had any crashes yet, but a lot of the menus are wrong. 3.1 + Sugoroku 3.1

For instance if I try to recruit from a town it'll say "The village is currently being raided", or from a village it'll say "No one here is willing to join you" but then I can still pay some of those 'no ones' to join my party. And every village says it belongs to me.

Not game breaking, but not instilling me with a lot of confidence moving forward either...

Kolaris said:
I haven't had any crashes yet, but a lot of the menus are wrong. 3.1 + Sugoroku 3.1

For instance if I try to recruit from a town it'll say "The village is currently being raided", or from a village it'll say "No one here is willing to join you" but then I can still pay some of those 'no ones' to join my party. And every village says it belongs to me.

Not game breaking, but not instilling me with a lot of confidence moving forward either...

I had this issue. Replacing the Sukoroku 3.1.12 menus.txt with the one from Gekokujo 3.1 will fix it. I have found a few more script errors but they are rare.

Centrophy said:
Kolaris said:

I had this issue. Replacing the Sukoroku 3.1.12 menus.txt with the one from Gekokujo 3.1 will fix it. I have found a few more script errors but they are rare.

Great, thank you! Everything seems to be in order for now.

I've played over 400 days on one save with 3.1 and the Submod installed, and had no real issues.  A few random crashes but for how often I save it isn't a big issue.  I play with edit mode on though so that might have an effect maybe not.  I used to get random script errors display in red before but I think since I started using edit mode that went away and I didn't even notice it, as I got used to ignoring it originally. 

Over all I love 3.1, minus the "Map" changes, the bright green makes it so bright and difficult to spot bandits when zoomed out.  lol

Could someone pls. post a link to a download of Gekonew?
Or a link to a webpage that lists all features and the download for Gwekonew?
I could not find it.
Domo arigato in advance,
sePL

sePL80 said:
Could someone pls. post a link to a download of Gekonew?
Or a link to a webpage that lists all features and the download for Gwekonew?
I could not find it.
Domo arigato in advance,
sePL

gekonew is old and outdated now, the current version for 3.1b is gekonewer

https://mega.nz/#F!itxViDAT!PhBfJWsjATkdqN28V2kZ5g!61ZFHQKa
>Larger Parties for Lords, Player & garrisons
>Yari's & spears are now purely thrust weapons but now have an additional thrust attack replacing overhead swing (aka Upstab)
>Good relations with villages give even more recruits
>Much more morale from leadership
>More morale from food
>Increased betting amounts @ tournaments
>Increased payouts for arena fights
>Increased income from businesses
>Increased compensation for not receiving a fief
>Prettier Faces built in
>New "original" races exclusive to GekoNewer (all are treated as male in-game)
>New (rare) helmets in the market to fit the new female heads
>Historically Accurate™ Uesugi Kenshin & Date Masamune are the pretenders for thier clans
>All factions either get a third Hatamoto unit OR a special unit beyond Hatamoto (list in seperate .txt file)
>Western troops can be recruited at Tsushima off the coast of Kyushu after you capture it
>Towns on Kyushu have a selection of rare nanban imports
>Yokai units can be recruited from Sado Island after you capture it
>Yokai armor can be found in Uesugi towns (not intended for use by humans)
>All those nice armors from the original GekokujoNew plus some ones that were in it but never used
>Lots of quality new assets!
>Histoical names for lords
>Takeda and Shimazu clans have their clan colors switched
>Better banners for Oda & Takeda
>Skirmishers no longer effected by random weapon script

I seem to have a problem with Gekonewer, if I choose female (with the exception of western female), head armours like Jingasa and kabuto would make my head and face disappear. I can only see the helmet model but not the face, helmets like jingasa aren't closed helmets so it'll appear like a jingasa is floating on the top of my headless body.

Edit: Okay I think I figured it out. I can only wear head armours with the word "women's" in it. Maybe because the whole head mesh is flagged as "hair" , the women's head armours also have the flag "does not cover hair".

Geko 3.1 with segoruku is in my opionion better than anon's GekoNewer. I mean, its cool and all, but is missing alot of the flavor of the strife that was the era.

If you REALLY like Anime, then give GekoNewer a shot.

However if you like to take a more historical approach Geko with Segu is actually pretty nice, I find.

Even though i've played Gekonewer like three times as much, the new armor mod that just came out is really immerising me in the world tbh.

But Brainybots is really nice, I'd suggest picking that up from the General!

I just discovered this mod and I'm very excited to try it, so if I understand my brief research correctly... if I want the version with least bugs and other funny stuff, 3.0 is the way to go, right?  :ohdear: I'm willing to sacrifice some additions brought with 3.1 for better stability, I guess. With that in mind, should I install that Sugoroku thingy?

Kleofas said:
I just discovered this mod and I'm very excited to try it, so if I understand my brief research correctly... if I want the version with least bugs and other funny stuff, 3.0 is the way to go, right?  :ohdear: I'm willing to sacrifice some additions brought with 3.1 for better stability, I guess. With that in mind, should I install that Sugoroku thingy?
Sugoroku doesn´t affect neither stability nor changes balance too much. All it does is add a ton of extra content (armors, weapons, map icons...), a few extra units and some balance changes such as more powerful yet slower to reload firearms.

Articulo34 said:
Sugoroku doesn´t affect neither stability nor changes balance too much. All it does is add a ton of extra content (armors, weapons, map icons...), a few extra units and some balance changes such as more powerful yet slower to reload firearms.
I read some criticisms about 3.1 + Sugoroku being buggy as hell, so maybe I wrongly assumed something about Soguroku and it's more about 3.1. I'm confused! I don't know which version should I try to have THE experince.  :neutral:

Back
Top Bottom