SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Garrisons need to absolutely, positutely, NOT auto-upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

fiddlestix

Recruit
For the love of weasels, PLEASE change the code that automatically upgrades troops in garrisons to upgrade paths you are guaranteed to not want. Crazy sick of it. Put troops in a garrison that are leveled up, ready to upgrade (but intentionally not upgraded cuz I needed more horsies), come back and they all decided to jump the gun and promote themselves into something I really do not want.

Suggested alternative: Prevent auto upgrading in garrisons, but let the experience accumulate beyond just one upgrade rank. This way, if someone was sitting in there long enough to level up twice, when we get to the garrison, we can choose how they level up without losing the garrison training experience. Granted, this creates the dilemma of you having to manually go to your fief in order to make sure it's not a bunch of couch potatoes defending against a siege.

Another alternative: Allow us to choose in a menu what our troops upgrade into if they do level up.

There is a mod called Improved Garrisons that did a great job, however it oddly does not solve this problem, so I'm here to whine. Hate it! Hate it.

Yup I would also like to either toggle on/off the auto levelling of units in garrisons for the same reason as OP or choose what upgrade they will go for once they have enough xp.

Back
Top Bottom