Gamescom event is poorly setup and feels half arsed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Sorry but thats a big oof. Seems like you did not understand the main point of our feedback at all.

The concept of a kill grinding event is fundamentally wrong.
It supports and embraces egoistic behaviour, killstealing, teamhitting, matchdodging, ignoring the concept of skirmish, matchfixing and griefing. Furthermore its unfair for Archers and Cav and it is unfair for high elo players and mediocre players and its very luck dependend.

A grind event should be appealing to Players of any class and any skill. Because its a grind and not a skill event. And it should reward everyone who grinds.

Play X amount of games in X Days.
Done

Do you think hour based grind is the reason of those issues? If so how X amount of games in X days will solve it?

Do you think hour based grind is the reason of those issues? If so how X amount of games in X days will solve it?
Yes honestly I believe in both cases players will act terribly and dodge th and stack. I believe that the best way to control this is via tourneys. Idk if Taleworlds staff agrees but there could be a badge for tourney winners. (Captain skirmish and duel) so it limits the crazy behaviors and I also believe it will connect TW to the community more than the grinding event. And it would also make more players play in tourneys because given how people behaved during the 24h event: they really like badges

Yes honestly I believe in both cases players will act terribly and dodge th and stack. I believe that the best way to control this is via tourneys. Idk if Taleworlds staff agrees but there could be a badge for tourney winners. (Captain skirmish and duel) so it limits the crazy behaviors and I also believe it will connect TW to the community more than the grinding event. And it would also make more players play in tourneys because given how people behaved during the 24h event: they really like badges

I am personally against the idea of tournaments for events. Tournaments bring it down to pure skill. Nothing else. I know skilled players prefer that for obvious reasons but it would alienate even more people. If top 100 wants to determine who is the best, they can do so whenever they want. I mean don't get me wrong, I am not saying most kills were any better. But I don't think tournaments are the solution.

Regarding hour based grinds, almost all of the below is related to it being "most kills", not hour based event.
It supports and embraces egoistic behaviour, killstealing, teamhitting, matchdodging, ignoring the concept of skirmish, matchfixing and griefing. Furthermore its unfair for Archers and Cav and it is unfair for high elo players and mediocre players and its very luck dependend.

Also dodging matches is a problem because leave punishment is not applied if you leave before you spawn. Which will change once the client is stable enough and matchmaker works better. Then if you dodge a match, you are gonna have to wait for the punishment to end. Still there can be situations you would dodge a game but I don't think it is a big issue as long as it s not a good option most of the time.

I don't think it is possible to get rid of luck without making it fully controlled like a tournament. Which is not feasible to do in a short amount of time, with thousands of players.

Finally once again, I think you guys are looking at this from wrong perspective. It is not a best of X kinda thing. It is an event. Skill is not everything. We may not be able to provide a 100% fair environment. People will do what they usually don't do (which is actually a good thing if it s not harming enjoyment of others). Someone will figure out a better way to get scores than being a good player.

I think we can maybe separate event servers from usual ones in the future so you are more free to do unusual stuff and all others are also trying to participate. But I will personally be against a 100% skill based tournaments as an event (but don't worry, I can't get stuff changed most of the time). The two are different. There can be tournaments and there can be events, separately.

I was thinking of something like this:
You have 24 hours to participate. Best of any 3 consecutive hours is counted.
And there is also a leaderboard showing bests at the time so it is a bit of a challenge to pass best at the time.
So more people can participate and people who want to try more can do it.
I for one quite like this idea.

What do you think it was all about? Look at the steamdb charts of player numbers and twitch viewers. They just tried to revive the community simply by throwing out badges in MP. No event will raise these numbers significantly. Combat became a slow-mo mess and they messed up ranged combat as well with the 1.5.0, that's what happens with devs who don't play the game regularly and have no understanding about what the community demands.

Inappropriate behavior
What do you think it was all about? Look at the steamdb charts of player numbers and twitch viewers. They just tried to revive the community simply by throwing out badges in MP. No event will raise these numbers significantly. Combat became a slow-mo mess and they messed up ranged combat as well with the 1.5.0, that's what happens with devs who don't play the game regularly and have no understanding about what the community demands.
They did what the community asked for. If you believe kick throwing and block delay were better then feel free to **** off.

I am personally against the idea of tournaments for events. Tournaments bring it down to pure skill. Nothing else. I know skilled players prefer that for obvious reasons but it would alienate even more people. If top 100 wants to determine who is the best, they can do so whenever they want. I mean don't get me wrong, I am not saying most kills were any better. But I don't think tournaments are the solution.
I completely agree. While the competitive scene might deserve some prizes it has nothing to do with events.
It is an event. Skill is not everything.
Exactly, thats why you should do goals that even bad players (or archers) can archieve. Like Play X amount of games, NOT WIN X amount of games.

Honestly everyone who complains about archery probably played one game as archer and stopped. It literally takes 2 hours or less to realize that archery is not ****ed up and still really good. Most of the bs stuff was nerfed which is good. Only problem I have is horse archery because they don’t have the crosshair loading like foot archers, they are instantly accurate

I completely agree. While the competitive scene might deserve some prizes it has nothing to do with events.

Exactly, thats why you should do goals that even bad players (or archers) can archieve. Like Play X amount of games, NOT WIN X amount of games.
I believe something like « Do X kills with X class » would be good as well, forcing players to not play the broken classes to farm kills

Also idk if stats can do this but there could be an event starting at a convenient time for all regions « First to reach X kills with X class » making it a race rather than a 24h grind

I believe something like « Do X kills with X class » would be good as well, forcing players to not play the broken classes to farm kills

Also idk if stats can do this but there could be an event starting at a convenient time for all regions « First to reach X kills with X class » making it a race rather than a 24h grind

Thats also a nice Idea. I mean a race is more entertaining but it still embraces alot of toxic sh*t. But if you do it, award the 20 fastest players so that it is not necessary to abuse every single advantage there possibly is, in order to win anything...

What do you think it was all about? Look at the steamdb charts of player numbers and twitch viewers. They just tried to revive the community simply by throwing out badges in MP. No event will raise these numbers significantly.
What do you think? Should we just do nothing about the game at all? What should we do to make you and all the others happy? Or "revive" the game?
Combat became a slow-mo mess and they messed up ranged combat as well with the 1.5.0,
What we did with 1.5.0 was demanded by the community. The community helped us on tests and the initial changes.
that's what happens with devs who don't play the game regularly and have no understanding about what the community demands.
I would not be dead sure about this one if i were you.

This was our first time organising an event like this (not counting Battle of Bucharest, which was pure LAN). Hopefully if we decide to do more of these, we will consider what our community wanted or did not like. I hope everyone enjoyed it.

Honestly, there’s nothing wrong with the format azakhi proposed. You want badges for games played? I am sure those will come later too. The event had a poor format and encouraged people to farm for 24 hours and hunt kills, however, I believe that the objective of the event was to grant EXCLUSIVE rewards to people who deserved them. Whether they really deserve it or not might be debatable but doesn’t really change the aim of it. If people were to get badges for just playing matches, where does the exclusivity fit in?

I just feel like you got hurt by spending so much time farming for something you didn’t achieve in the end. Exclusive badge and a CPU are pretty nice rewards in the end.

Last edited:
Honestly, there’s nothing wrong with the format azakhi proposed. You want badges for games played? I am sure those will come later too. The event had a poor format and encouraged people to farm for 24 hours and hunt kills, however, I believe that the objective of the event was to grant EXCLUSIVE rewards to people who deserved them. Whether they really deserve it or not might be debatable but doesn’t really change the aim of it. If people were to get badges for just playing matches, where does the exclusivity fit in?

I just feel like you got hurt by spending so much time farming for something you didn’t achieve in the end. Exclusive badge and a CPU are pretty nice rewards in the end.
Well, I barely played on the two skirmish days because how ruined the experience was because of tryhards who barely had a chance to win. It was quite annoying ngl (especially because it was on a weekend)

What do you think? Should we just do nothing about the game at all? What should we do to make you and all the others happy? Or "revive" the game?
Dude, do what you want. But If there're people who think these kind of events will somehow get the charts high up, I'm telling you, that won't happen. Just don't make people wait for updates which are ready to launch and slow down the already slow development for an event like this.

In terms of what would make me happy, since you asked I will list it here;
1- Auto-kick system for teamhitters and better kicking system for afk players. The system should be able to issue temp bans for those who repeat.
2- Block system, if a report is validated by moderators, giving the player option to block the offender which would make it less likely for them to match up again and priority in favor of the one who reported. (Might be a tough one to implement, it's an extra since if the first issue is fixed, only communication or griefing will be the problems, I can just mute for comms and don't care about griefers, I mostly get high kills and decent ratio even when there's a griefer on my team)
3- Balanced combat system which doesn't feel like slow motion but gives enough leverage to the defender. Since I can't try different speeds myself, it's up to you to find that sweetspot. But currently it's a bit too much, which makes the game feel super slow, which in turn pushes away potential players.
4- Archery which doesn't feel like it takes a minute to draw a shortbow.
5- Turkish servers.
6- Turkish servers without toxic people. (This would make me very happy)

If I didn't misread mexxico is working on SP issues so I want to see his work in future patches before talking about SP, I believe most issues about SP are already acknowledged by TW, therefore pointless to repeat the same stuff. Fix MP so I can play until we can have a proper SP experience that feels complete, whenever that might be.

What we did with 1.5.0 was demanded by the community. The community helped us on tests and the initial changes.

I would not be dead sure about this one if i were you.

This was our first time organising an event like this (not counting Battle of Bucharest, which was pure LAN). Hopefully if we decide to do more of these, we will consider what our community wanted or did not like. I hope everyone enjoyed it.

Ehh, maybe I was mistaken because I didn't see much other than some topics about archers being OP by some mostly new players, I didn't acknowledge it as a community request. Anyways whatever we choose to call it, it was a bad call. Popular requests also mess up the game when they are implemented without proper review from the devs. Happened with the snowball fix, where TW implemented passive recruiting for NPCs and a week later people were complaining about refacing defeated lords in a very short time.

Edit: For the event part, just make the willing devs stream for the event, add a Q&A part. I also want to see Armağan Yavuz giving a speech about the game directly to us without an interviewer with or without the community feedback. I'ld rather watch people like mexxico than a random streamer I never heard before. Better yet, when they are working on balancing/retuning (combat speed, damages, hitboxes etc), they could do streams with players giving real time feedback.

Last edited:
Dude, do what you want. But If there're people who think these kind of events will somehow get the charts high up, I'm telling you, that won't happen. Just don't make people wait for updates which are ready to launch and slow down the already slow development for an event like this.

In terms of what would make me happy, since you asked I will list it here;
1- Auto-kick system for teamhitters and better kicking system for afk players. The system should be able to issue temp bans for those who repeat.
2- Block system, if a report is validated by moderators, giving the player option to block the offender which would make it less likely for them to match up again and priority in favor of the one who reported. (Might be a tough one to implement, it's an extra since if the first issue is fixed, only communication or griefing will be the problems, I can just mute for comms and don't care about griefers, I mostly get high kills and decent ratio even when there's a griefer on my team)
3- Balanced combat system which doesn't feel like slow motion but gives enough leverage to the defender. Since I can't try different speeds myself, it's up to you to find that sweetspot. But currently it's a bit too much, which makes the game feel super slow, which in turn pushes away potential players.
4- Archery which doesn't feel like it takes a minute to draw a shortbow.
5- Turkish servers.
6- Turkish servers without toxic people. (This would make me very happy)

If I didn't misread mexxico is working on SP issues so I want to see his work in future patches before talking about SP, I believe most issues about SP are already acknowledged by TW, therefore pointless to repeat the same stuff. Fix MP so I can play until we can have a proper SP experience that feels complete, whenever that might be.

Ehh, maybe I was mistaken because I didn't see much other than some topics about archers being OP by some mostly new players, I didn't acknowledge it as a community request. Anyways whatever we choose to call it, it was a bad call. Popular requests also mess up the game when they are implemented without proper review from the devs. Happened with the snowball fix, where TW implemented passive recruiting for NPCs and a week later people were complaining about refacing defeated lords in a very short time.

Edit: For the event part, just make the willing devs stream for the event, add a Q&A part. I also want to see Armağan Yavuz giving a speech about the game directly to us without an interviewer with or without the community feedback. I'ld rather watch people like mexxico than a random streamer I never heard before. Better yet, when they are working on balancing/retuning (combat speed, damages, hitboxes etc), they could do streams with players giving real time feedback.

The combat is still unresponsive, clunky even cumbersome but not slow and the 1.5 update actually moved it in the right direction because it removed a chunk of the heaviness that could be felt before. I agree that swings and attacks might feel slower, but that’s actually “countered” by faster windups and feints.

There’s still a long way to go, but I fail to see it the way you do. Developers worked with experienced players who spent enormous time playing both of the titles and who gave their feedback with the best intentions in mind.

The combat is still unresponsive, clunky even cumbersome but not slow and the 1.5 update actually moved it in the right direction because it removed a chunk of the heaviness that could be felt before. I agree that swings and attacks might feel slower, but that’s actually “countered” by faster windups and feints.

There’s still a long way to go, but I fail to see it the way you do. Developers worked with experienced players who spent enormous time playing both of the titles and who gave their feedback with the best intentions in mind.
Well, I respect your opinion but I don't agree, I like fact that your delivery was as it should be without the toxicity or the salt tho, thank you. I don't know who were those experienced players you're talking about but I don't see it as a step in the right direction in any way, pre-attack animation time has been reduced but the actual attack(swing/thrust) time was increased, first part is alright but the second part actually made it worse in the end. I spent a fair deal of time in previous titles and even when I tried my best to stay away from Bannerlord by taking long breaks, to not burn out my will to play it, I still clocked in ~500 hours in EA and an additional ~300 hours in Closed Beta. Before Bannerlord 2,3 k on WFaS. I don't know the count for the original because I got it as a promotional DVD in 2009, I estimate nothing south of 4 k, for 2 summers I was totally hooked with the original, when it was the school session I still played a decent amount usually everyday. So for an old fan like me combat is very slow, for a total newbie to the series it's unappealing to say the least. SP combat is decent enough (been a while, I'll try the SP in newest version soon), in MP they gave too much leverage to the defending side, which made the combat painfully slow. Maybe a combat test similar to what had been done in beta could be done again when they come up with different versions.

The swing speed may not be perfect now, but the way it WORKS now is fundamentally improved. Even if some things are abusable, it now makes sense and is more fair. The current swing formula is an infinitely better system to make further improvements on.

With slight adjustments to the ability to continue chain hitting (aggression should be encouraged, but there really isn’t a cap on the amount of hilt spam you can do) and some very minor movement tweaks, Sword and shield combat will be pretty much perfect.

Back
Top Bottom