Gameplay mod Calradia: TOTAL WAR

Users who are viewing this thread

At the beginning Borcha has been captured by some Dark knights and if you dont stop them they will sacrifice him to their dark gods.

Perhaps this has been beaten into the ground, but I didn't see it anywhere...

When I invade the villages my army behaves very strangely.  Everyone crowds around the buildings and they don't seem to be advancing on the enemy units so much as moving to these buildings.

Is this just a problem with NPCs and village/city setting, or is this something unique to this mod?

The AI is working just fine in open battles, but in these villages they are all very erratic.  I have to say that if that can't be improved then attacking villages is really just a novelty because of the severe game play problems.

I have never seen the AI behave so poorly, but I also have never fought in a city/village setting.

At one point I just put up my shield and defended against a lone enemy in the middle of the village.  My army just stood around the building and didn't advance to kill this enemy unit.  They seem to be drawn to the buildings like ants to sugar.

- Livonya

There are enemies spawning around the buildings which you haven't noticed. Also the siege AI in this game is really crappy anyway.

morgoth2005 said:
There are enemies spawning around the buildings which you haven't noticed. Also the siege AI in this game is really crappy anyway.

Invisible?

Even when there is only 1 enemy left this behavior continues.

In fact if you hold your troops outside and just wait until the enemy approaches and then hit charge then your units seem to want to go to these buildings as primary goal.

I realize the siege AI is crappy, but this is beyond crappy.  Pathing issues is one problem but being drawn to the buildings rather than to fighting is something more than that.

Perhaps the new version of M&B will address this... if not then I can't see siege scenarios being much fun.

- Livonya

There are enemies around the buildings, at the sides, even sometimes on the walls. But  when you wait for them to come outside... In principle they should attack the closest enemy.

im not sure if this is only for me but something i've noticed in castle seiges... whether im on defense or offense heres what happens... (btw i play with 1000 max people in a fight) anyways when the battle starts the people attacking line up fine and such but the defenseive side always has people spawning outside the castle on the left where the proceede to fall out of the sky and in turn knocking them self unconscious ... this helps a great deal when im seiging a castle but its very annoying when im the one defending and hald my army gets wiped out because there isnt enough room to spawn... i guess what im asking is, is there a way to make it so that not everyone and their mothers brother spawns on the wall....

also a suggestion that i thought that i noticed in another mod, it could be very helpful for seiges... i think it may have been the rpg mod but im not 100% sure but they had dungeons and inside the dungeon they have a type of switch thing that can open doors or cause other effects. my suggestion is that if at all possible make it so that some of tha army spawns on the wall and some inside of the courtyard then have a switch type of deal that can open up the gate leading into the castle, on the inside of course and give the gate a certain amount of health points so that it can be destroyed like the doors in the hero&blade mod...

to be honest i think this would make seiges far more fun because atm they are a bit of bull... you got that one ramp for everything to go up 1 at a time... no lie i had 35 troops sucessfully defend against a war party of 165 when all troops were on the map at the same time... all my guys had to do was crowd up next to that one ramp and the enemy came 1 at a time and dropped in the middle of us and died... it was really stupid

to Livonya
I MOD ONLY STRAT AI ! MY MOD IS ALPHA VERS ! READ TREAD BEFORE !

to Kinsume
Same like Livonya , read tread befor, about my mod plan, about  NEW BATTLE AI , NEW SIEDGE GAMEPLAY (like shooting catapults, broken walls , moving gates , up-down drawn bridges, moving (and WORKING) ram and towers )

ps Sorry, but im realy ..cked answer about same things many times...  :evil:

pps Im finish polisade works , make towers and big bridge. Now i start make buildings for castle (i need 2 week i think)

MAXHARDMAN said:
ps Sorry, but im realy ..cked answer about same things many times...  :evil:

yeah, I understand, that's the main problem with these forums for modders I think. People asking stupid questions over and over again. Do what we've done when we were making the 300 mod with Highlander. Don't answer the stupid questions :wink:

eh dont mind the criticism im just asking out of curiosity, i may have repeated a couple of the questions but then again theres no way im about to sit here and read through 50+ pages of it all if i had that kinda tmie to waste id mod myself : )

I actually read through the entire thread.

I did not see anyone talking about the fact that the NPCs are attracted to buildings in the village sieges.

People asking questions is not a bad thing.  It means people are interested.

Sometimes the attitude problems of those that are active modders/posters is really a turn off.

Would you prefer that people are just quite and you never hear anything at all?

I always thought the point of these threads was to provide a place for questions and feedback.

I actually stopped posting for at least 5 or 6 months because of this.

Common courtesy goes both ways.

- Livonya

(now is when people will go out of their way to prove that I am an "idiot" for asking a question thtat was "clearly" answered before.  God forbid.)

Well you did kinda blame him for something he never did. You called his work crappy, when a)it wasn't, b)it wasn't his - blame armagan, c) you have no right to call people's work crappy when you never done this yourself. This is called backseat modding. you go make something big and then we'll listen to you.

In case you are blind I will repeat his words. This is the first version out. In the public version only the strategy has been modified and the AI hasn't. In effect you are calling Armagan's work crappy.

Morgth2005 -

You are the one that used "crappy" first.

I didn't say anything about the mod being crappy.  YOU SAID THE SIEGE AI WAS CRAPPY.

Once YOU said the Siege AI was crappy, then I used the word crappy about the AI.

I actually think the the mod is quite good, but tha AI has problems.

I was trying to find out if this was something unique to this mod or if it was just a problem with the main game.

I understand that this is a work in progress, as is M&B.  I am not expecting miracles.

So it is okay that you can say that the siege AI is crappy, but if I say it I am a jerk?

- Livonya

I realize the siege AI is crappy, but this is beyond crappy.  Pathing issues is one problem but being drawn to the buildings rather than to fighting is something more than that.

I was talking about siege AI in general, i.e. the actual M&B AI and you were saying that Max actually worsened the AI.

morgoth2005 said:
I realize the siege AI is crappy, but this is beyond crappy.   Pathing issues is one problem but being drawn to the buildings rather than to fighting is something more than that.

I was talking about siege AI in general, i.e. the actual M&B AI and you were saying that Max actually worsened the AI.

No, that is NOT what I was saying.

As I said, I have never fought battle's in villages.  I have no idea what causes the problem.  There are no battle's in villages in Native Mount&Blade (at least I have never seen one.)

I don't know what the problem is, or what causes the problem.

The whole point of my question was to try to find out the answer, and to say that I think it is a problem.

I never said that the mod made it worse.

- Livonya

(I won't post on this again, as it doesn't directly have anything to do with this mod.)

Of course the main point of mod threads is the discussion of the mods, what I was talking about are countless people who come, don't even bother reading the first page and spill endless heaps of crap or really noob questions. That's not constructive, that's poor and annoying. Answering the same question about a thing you really hate (ask AW how many times he's read "gimme PLATE ARMOR in TLD!") over and over eats your brains :wink:

Just dropping by to say that this is looking great, amazing work with the catapults, and good luck with the rest.

to Livonya
Real sorry men  :oops: , you right i need helpers and testers. Im think i drink too match coffe tooday :oops: You mast understand i not work about siedge Ai in any form, only add village scene :roll: Now Ai is regulated only 4 triggers, and they work like point for units movining (like on wall) In future versions i want write absolutly new Battle (and siege ofcouse) Ai, and i have same exp with it...

to Kinsume
Sorry , you mast understand im not mod siedge Ai, i plan it in future... :wink:

to Merlkir
Yes , you know problem  :wink:

to morgoth2005
You right like allways  :wink: Спасибо за поддержку, я ценю ето   :wink:

to Silver
Thanks  :wink:

I like the new village but my only complaint is that the buildings are a little too...organised. I'm pretty sure that in olden times they didn't have town planners and engineers that could build buildings in neat little rows.

Back
Top Bottom