In Progress Game launcher causes PC fan(s) to spool up

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: Opening the game launcher causes one or more fans in my computer to greatly increase activity for no apparent reason. There's nothing in the launcher which should be increasing demand on anything; there's no video, no audio, just a static image. There's no complex processes which should be happening when the launcher's just sitting there for five minutes, not even patching or anything. But as long as it's running, the fan's on high.

How to Reproduce: Open launcher, listen to PC fan. Wait for a minute and notice it doesn't ever reduce, as long as the launcher is still open.

Have you used cheats and if so which: No

Media:
Clip1.jpg

Computer Specs:
Intel i7-4790K 4Ghz
Nvidia GeForce GTX 980
16 GB RAM

No unusual activity.

Clarification: When Bannerlord itself is running, there's no unusual activity.

However, when the launcher is running (but not the game), there's CPU usage higher than I'd expect for a program that isn't supposed to be doing anything to speak of (prior to clicking Play); it's at ~18% total usage, compared to ~2% total usage when launcher is closed.

Last edited:
No unusual activity.

Clarification: When Bannerlord itself is running, there's no unusual activity.

However, when the launcher is running (but not the game), there's CPU usage higher than I'd expect for a program that isn't supposed to be doing anything to speak of (prior to clicking Play); it's at ~18% total usage, compared to ~2% total usage when launcher is closed.
Download this program and run it as administrator.
Open the Bannerlord Launcher.
In this program, look for the Bannerlord Launcher and it will show you all of the programs that the Launcher is using.
PS. You might have to drop down the different programs to find it.

Hello, we are aware of this problem and working on it. Thank you for reporting it in and sorry for any inconvenience.

Back
Top Bottom