In Progress Game freezes every time I finish a battle as soon as I hit "Done"

Users who are viewing this thread

BruisedByGod

Recruit
This happens on both the newest non-beta version of the game and the beta version 1.1.0e.
Windows 10 64 bit
i7-8700 CPU
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
16 GB Ram

It looks like it is because of larger battles but to be clear there is nothing wrong during the large battles but after I hit done the game will freeze and CTD or remain frozen.

Edit: After reading some responses I figured I would add that it is also happening to me while running around with a 1.2k army.

Last edited:
This is listed in their known issues as "The game can rarely crash after a battle."
Not sure if they mean that it rarely happens in general or whether it rarely happens after a battle. This happens to me every time, small or big battle. It's the same.

Anyways, I had a workaround I need to try out a few more times. Ran around with an army of 1000+, I disbanded into less than 200 and engaged a pack of looters. Seems to resolve the issue for a couple of bigger battles of +1000. However, the issue reoccurs randomly, it seems.

This has happened with a 100% occurence rate since I restarted the game onto the new 1.1.0 beta of 4/13/2020. Auto resolve does NOT seem to do this.

Seen as Houlberg mentioned the +1000 men. All crashes related to this HAVE happened with me finishing a siege while having >1000 men remain active. (running around with 1400). Max amount of men at a time in performance is set to 1000. May be related to that.

identifier: 2020-04-13_21.20.38_edf076c65048d73b5810fa4ba42ec838

Win10 64bit
Ryzen 2700x
Geforce 1050ti
16GB

Hi, i've the same problem.
After many ours of playng now if i click done after every battle leading an army the game freeze.
It doesn't happen if i fight without army.
Problem from version 1.0.10

Hello, i have informed the devs about the issue and i am sure the problem will be fixed as soon as possible. Thank you for reporting it.

Hey there,

I've seen more people report this issue and i also seen it is known by Taleworlds under known issues

Been experiencing somewhat similar crashes.
Basicly getting: "the application faced a problem" after a short delay/freeze in game whenever i click 'Done' at the battle(score)screen. Doesn't matter whether or not i fight manually or auto-resolve. Reloading the save (5+minutes before) doesn't help either.

It was with armies being less than 500 in total, so the size wasn't the issue for me.

Back
Top Bottom