Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, but I removed mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
2024-01-14_00.38.36_34c467f6238af3314245a36707b5db3b
Summary: Game crashes on launch no matter what
How to Reproduce: launch game
Have you used cheats and if so which: None I deleted all mods and did clean install as per forum post
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: 3090TI
GPU Driver Version: 546.33
CPU: i9 14900k
RAM: 32gb ddr5
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

I originally purchased and played the game through Steam. I just now downloaded the 1.2.7 version through PC Game Pass and it still refuses to launch fully. I've run SFC and DISM Commands to fix any possible issues related to my PC. I've disabled XMP on my memory, I have no other OCing done to any other PC Components. These crashes make no sense what so ever especially between 2 totally different versions of the game.

I suspect it has to do with old shader caches ? You need to delete all the possible locations, then redownload and reverify

(1) Steam / Bannerlord
(2) "C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord"
(3) "NVidia also keeps a shader cache located in %LOCALAPPDATA%\NVIDIA\DXCache and %LOCALAPPDATA%\NVIDIA\GLCache ..".

Also look at the Cloud, could be another copy there, somewhere ???

Apologies for the late update. I was able to get it to run somehow? I deleted all Steam Cloud saves and disabled them. I also deleted everything from every possible location (Under Steam folders on the installed Drive(s), Program Data and Files and Files x86) but not the NVIDIA Caches.

The last thing I did was repair my 2015-2022 Visual C+ Redistributables. After doing that the game launched without issue.

Did run into random crashes that seemed to only occur when loading a new screen such as entering a settlement (City, Town, Castle, and etc) or when starting a battle of any kind. I also did run into some issues with some Steam workshop mods I subbed to after it started working, but I removed those very quickly to see if they were causing any crashes.

Everything seems to be working without an issue currently minus random crashes every so often, I'll clear shader caches and tone down the visual settings to see if that helps.

Thank you for your message I greatly appreciate it!

The issue you have reported has been forwarded to our QA team for further investigation. We might need additional information regarding this issue, such as screenshots or videos, save files or dump reports. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

This crash is sadly a GPU crash, meaning the code that is crashed is not our code. Unfortunately we can't do much for these types of crashes. You can try to reinstall your GPU drivers and you can try expanding the swap size on your hard disk but please note that it is not a solid fix. You can find more info regarding this here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

So I disabled Hyperthreading in my BIOS and rolled back my NVIDIA Driver to version 546.01 through NVCleanstall and I can now get to the main menu. Will try and test further later today as I have adulting things to do lol. Will also see if the game just didn't like Hyperthreading and if it will work with latest NVIDIA GPU Drivers

Back
Top Bottom