In Progress Game crashes when loading after launch (in release version as well)

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
2022-10-25_08.53.24_cdfe58caf98d009c760ed76ba335ebf0
Summary: As soon as the game starts loading after launch, it crashes after about 10 seconds on the loading screen. This started happening to me yesterday in the 1.8 version. I upgraded to the release version today hoping it was fixed, but no, exact same problem. I bought the game a week ago and have been able to play it fine without any problems for a couple of days. And then since yesterday this crash started, since then I haven't been able to play at all.

I tried all the workarounds listed on your help page, reinstalled the game 3 times on the 1.8 version and now the release version. Nothing helps, the exact same crash keeps happening. As far as I know nothing was changed on my computer between the first days it worked fine and yesterday when the bug started.

I hope your team takes this bug seriously, as I can read on the forum I'm not the only one. And it makes the game completely unplayable because I can't even start it, it's not a minor issue. If it's not fixable I would like a refund.

Most recent Crash id: 2022-10-25_08.53.24_cdfe58caf98d009c760ed76ba335ebf0

How to Reproduce: start game from the launcher
Have you used cheats and if so which: n/a
Scene Name (if related): n/a
Media (Screenshots & Video): loading screen at game start
Computer Specs:
GPU:
GPU Driver Version:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

Hey, our team is aware of this crash and working on it. Thank you for reporting it in and sorry for the inconvenience.

In the other thread somebody posted that turning of internet connection made it work again. This indeed works for me as well! I haven't actually played the game to see if it's fully functional, but at least it starts again. Maybe some data-exchange that fails during the startup process that makes it crash?

Back
Top Bottom