2023-11-25_19.03.38_55b1408d29825059df14f8f875c9e80d

murtega

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Summary: Try taking a walk in Jogurys Castle and game crashes
How to Reproduce: Take a walk in Jogurys castle
Have you used cheats and if so which: No
Scene Name (if related): Jogurys Castle
Crash report: 2023-11-25_19.03.38_55b1408d29825059df14f8f875c9e80d

Could you crash again and send another crash dump? The dump is invalid on our end so we can't see any details. Also do you have a save file from before clicking on the walk around the castle button?
Do you have a save file of the session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. You can find your save file here: "C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves"
To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click on "My Account" and then click on "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Encountered this as well, it's still in the game with 1.2.8. Can't create a crash dump because the crash is different from usual crashes. Bannerlord stays in the foreground, you can't click the crash dump question box and you can't see the task manager. So I have to restart my pc. Bannerlord is the first game which forces me so restart my pc after a crash or kills my 3d driver, just saying. Something is strange with the way this game handles crashes.

I created a ticket (#1416) for you guys, save game included.

Usually when you entering any settlement, it ramps up the work your GPU needs to do - Shaders and GPU mem usage. Maybe Jogurys Castle has more shaders / textures / etc than other structures, pushing your GPU to the max ?

Delete all your shader caches and redownload, reverify. Some have found that Current AMD drivers are buggy, you might want to rollback, and others have found Multithreading a problem.

Last edited:
I have a similar issue when trying to enter the streets of Pen Cannoc.
Rolling back my AMD drivers version helps, but then the other games stop working properly.
Seeing as it only happens in some cities and not others, I assume it's a Bannerlord issue?

21.01.2024_19-08-03.png

I don't use AMD hardware and it only happens when taking a walk in Jogurys Castle. I have a lot of crashes for other reasons (to be fair: 1.2.7/1.2.8 fixed a lot of them, still too much), but I think neither them nor the AMD issue is related to the problem we are addressing here. There is no Direct3D error window and the dump is corrupted or - like in my case - can not be created at all.

My machine is high end, lack of hardware ressources is not an issue. Anyone able to access Castle Jogurys without a crash in 1.2.8? I'm curious if everybody experiences this crash or only some players.

Computer Specs:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti
GPU Driver Version: 31.0.15.4633
CPU: 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K (32 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
RAM: 32GB DDR5
Motherboard: Z790 AORUS ELITE AX
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Samsung 990 PRO NVME

I had no problems walking around Jogurys Castle, not even a minor stall. But I have 24G GPU mem.

OS - Win 10
CPU - Ryzen 5 3600 X
MB - X 570
GPU - 7900 XTX (latest driver)

Did you try turning off Multithreading, some have found that to work.

qR_9W.jpg

Back
Top Bottom