Future Settlement Idea's

Users who are viewing this thread

Dalizon

Regular
Now this post might not have any effect whatsoever as to how or what settlements are made. but this is a nice spot for settlement creators to get some ideas for future settlements.

I will start it.

Maybe a good future settlement to create would be one that is a city. Maybe not one of the huge castle settlements like we see often, but mainly a City. like the Towns in the native, lots of homes, shops, and very little military presence.

A settlement dealing in a more religious view might be in order. Maybe a settlement that is full of churches and graveyards. There is always a city that is highly religious in the world.

We need religion in this game... something  like the system that Sword of Decomle had but different.... I want to name my own religion and want to name my temples that I build as well... I also wish to have a huge verity of what to build, why not a barracks in my town so that my units can train the recuits and automatically upgrade them when I am not there? How about special events like a craftswomen want to properly marry another girl, but the people dislike that... and give us a choosing... to disallow or allow... both give both benefits that might harm or help your town.

That should be in the suggestion post. But I have already suggested religion, and it is being implemented a bit. There is gonna be a unit called Priest to increase popularity and decrease corruption. But as far as your own religion, that might do well in the suggestion post.

Here is an example of a good medieval settlement that can be placed in soft-hill terrain...

monteriggioni.jpg

Monteriggioni%201.jpg

I actually tried to learn how to make scenes in order to create this myself, but it is something quite difficult and I'm not so good at it.

So, if anyone need some inspiration about a settlement, here it is.

I had several ideas but I have no knowledge about implementing them (and not that much time to do it):

Riverguard: A city around the only bridge over a river (Munich greatly improved after they destroyed a rival bridge).
Camp: A broad river parts the map with a simple bridge across.
Economic 1: Huts on both sides of the river with an improved bridge (wooden structure).
Economic 2: Solid buildings on both sides of the river (large stone structure).
Military 1: A manor (toll station) either at one side of the bridge or on a small island in the middle.
Military 2: City wall and central keep either at one side of the bridge or on a small island.

Gorgetown: Like Helm's Deep a fortress at the end of a gorge.
I know that this makes it similar to Etlessen.

Dalizon said:
That should be in the suggestion post. But I have already suggested religion, and it is being implemented a bit. There is gonna be a unit called Priest to increase popularity and decrease corruption. But as far as your own religion, that might do well in the suggestion post.

i agree with that.
if we have religion.I'm very interesting in making my city a religionary one.maybe there will be a 3rd level of economic,military and religion , but we can only choose one to upgrade.religion city will have some benefits like you say.

well,that's just my wish~

Warcat92 said:
Would there be anyway of letting the player choose and place buildings and walls as they build it?

Currently, the "custom" settlements ARE made by players, just not in game. It's more so an Edit Mode/Scene Builder kind of deal. So while the technical answer to your question is, "yes", if you mean build/place buildings a la Real Time Strategy base building format with free rotation and placement, then the answer is unfortunately no :sad:.

So, while the settlements will all eventually grow and flourish in their own unique ways, you won't be able to decide where you want the stables, tavern, manors, etc.

Edit: Although if you feel passionate about the layout of a particular city, then by all means feel free to enable edit mode, open the game and hit Ctrl+E. There's a setltement guide, and the system is actually quite easy to use. :smile: So don't let anything stop you :wink:

I got debug mode on and was wondering where the edit button was... and try to get some knowledge off of it if it's not that complex.

Personally I think all the castles should have walls completely encircling them, And the manors should at least have some minor walls or defenses. Also it would be good to add in another level of economy and defenses. City or Citadel could be options once the player has a Castle Town. City could improve the economy of the settlement while a citadel could have increased defenses and train better troops.

Warcat92 said:
Personally I think all the castles should have walls completely encircling them, And the manors should at least have some minor walls or defenses. Also it would be good to add in another level of economy and defenses. City or Citadel could be options once the player has a Castle Town. City could improve the economy of the settlement while a citadel could have increased defenses and train better troops.

Like what Medieval 2 did to their cities? I don't mind that but I need to capture more towns if I want that. It also be nice if you can modify the weapon and armor smith to have levels as well, if you want to get better goods to use and upgrade your soldiers weapons and whatnot's, then we should be able to upgrade our blacksmiths, and each upgrades give it a more look, the same should go to our armorer.

I also suggest that our town should be booming when we have such a high amount of people... That mean i see more people walking in the towns. I want to see more animations as well, I don't mind seeing peasents holding pots up top their heads like in Assassin's Creed as well, and see trade caravans near the trade merchants as well.

We need more animations or the environment of AI's will look very, very dull... standing around and walking with few animations really make it looks very dated. With better animations, this game might look like the towns from assassin's creed.

darkedone02 said:
Warcat92 said:

Like what Medieval 2 did to their cities? I don't mind that but I need to capture more towns if I want that. It also be nice if you can modify the weapon and armor smith to have levels as well, if you want to get better goods to use and upgrade your soldiers weapons and whatnot's, then we should be able to upgrade our blacksmiths, and each upgrades give it a more look, the same should go to our armorer.

I also suggest that our town should be booming when we have such a high amount of people... That mean i see more people walking in the towns. I want to see more animations as well, I don't mind seeing peasents holding pots up top their heads like in Assassin's Creed as well, and see trade caravans near the trade merchants as well.

We need more animations or the environment of AI's will look very, very dull... standing around and walking with few animations really make it looks very dated. With better animations, this game might look like the towns from assassin's creed.

I believe we cant add animations yet but nice idea it would be nice to have small forts build like The River guard idea ;p

A system like Medieval 2 would be great.
(Free) Cities are a center of culture and commerce, but they only have a garrison and a city wall and town militias can't compete with professional warriors.
Castles have more walls, towers and military buildings, but they don't generate much money due to the upkeep of the military machine.

Why not adding castles to strategic positions around the map and all the normal settlements should be considered as city?
It would be great if the castle could produce patrols and aids the nearby cities if they belong to the same factions.

Back
Top Bottom