Fury of Odin (old thread) (Version 0.5 RELEASED!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don Doggy said:
RedInferno said:
Don Doggy said:
Your boths nations are pussies nowdays

No we just don't like the idea of our women and children getting killed in a meaningless war.

Finland hasn't had any meaningless wars. And never started a war.

I shall end offtopic on my behalf here.

Will this mod have a wider variety of axes?
WTF? where did you came up with the Finns here? from the ironages (ended about 1000 years ago) Finns were peaceful peple, only to figth in wars of Russia or Sweden(who did not win singe war vith out Finns) and those wars were in the 1500 centry! no viking armys come from Finland, only fron Iceland, Denmark and Norway, and yes Swedes ARE wannbe vikings no real viking armyss from there either, sorry...  :oops:

hunterman52 said:
when well you be realeaseing this?
Well, I expect a small beta release (no new towns or items) to be out sometime next week, (Im going up to my cabin for a few days so I won't be able to work on this) and the full release (new items, all companions and Northman lords changed, etc...) to be out in... One, maybe two weeks, depending on how busy I am.

Sounds nice.
This morning when I woke up I had what I think is a brilliant idea!
Well you know, I was drowsy and now I'm starting to think it's kinda stupid but I'm just gonna throw it out there for the sake of being.... out there.
Nordic throwing hammers!!
A way to KO people from a distance. :neutral:
Whadya think?
(I know, I said whadya.)
It's small but you get the point right?

Hmm. Sounds like this mod will bring back good ol' Njorl.  :lol: I'll give +1 internet to whomsoever gets that character reference.

Cow said:
Hmm. Sounds like this mod will bring back good ol' Njorl.  :lol: I'll give +1 internet to whomsoever gets that character reference.

The only Njorl I know is from Monty Python.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kdp9M9tJx1I

:razz:

Brudelas said:
Sounds nice.
This morning when I woke up I had what I think is a brilliant idea!
Well you know, I was drowsy and now I'm starting to think it's kinda stupid but I'm just gonna throw it out there for the sake of being.... out there.
Nordic throwing hammers!!
A way to KO people from a distance. :neutral:
Whadya think?
(I know, I said whadya.)
It's small but you get the point right?
Throwing hammers...
Not so much. Check with Timeless Kingdoms, seems like the type of idea they'd use there.

Anyways, the mod is coming along nicely, although I thought up some more plans at my cabin, so it may take longer to make than I expected.

*Progress-related bump*

Okay, I just finished adding some new parties, (Calradian Patrollers, Landing parties, and Raiding parties) And I took a few quick screenshots:

screenshot_14.jpg
screenshot_15.jpg

Will there be berserker "armor"?
I mean not actual armor but armor mesh, like a muscular torso and bear head on top. Like AOM ulfsarks,
here's a pic for reference:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b382/HCU/Mods/Pirates%20Vikings%20and%20Knights%20II/berserker-1.jpg

If they're wearing nothing but a wolf's head (A wolf? Shouldn;t Berserkers at least use bears?) they DESERVE to be shot and shot and shot some more as they will be.

Ummm...Ruthven you made  a spelling mistake with the Bereskers on the screenshot and you wrote "Berserkr" unless you did that by purpose.

MISHO said:
Ummm...Ruthven you made  a spelling mistake with the Bereskers on the screenshot and you wrote "Berserkr" unless you did that by purpose.
I know. The Norse word for berserker is berserkr. I'm trying to give as many of the top tier troops Norse names.

izaktj said:
Will there be berserker "armor"?
I mean not actual armor but armor mesh, like a muscular torso and bear head on top. Like AOM ulfsarks,
here's a pic for reference:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b382/HCU/Mods/Pirates%20Vikings%20and%20Knights%20II/berserker-1.jpg
I plan to make something like that, although I'll be using a bear instead of wolf, and it'll probably have a small "cape" running down the back. (RTW berserker style.) Although that won't be the only thing they wear. They'll also have normal armors as well.

Ruthven said:
I plan to make something like that, although I'll be using a bear instead of wolf, and it'll probably have a small "cape" running down the back. (RTW berserker style.) Although that won't be the only thing they wear. They'll also have normal armors as well.

Cool, I for one, am looking forward to seeing that.

Woot ! the screenies loock good man !! can ' t wait for the beta ! keep going !! and btw i have receive your pm and of course i 'm ready to help just contact me via msn :wink: cya later

demonace said:
Woot ! the screenies loock good man !! can ' t wait for the beta ! keep going !! and btw i have receive your pm and of course i 'm ready to help just contact me via msn :wink: cya later
Thanks for all your wonderful contributions so far.

Perhaps a select few will get to test this out a bit before I release a public download.

Ruthven said:
Well, since the new module system is out, I figured I'd make a mod for 1.0. (Naturally.) Now, I didn't want to make anything too big and time-consuming, so I figured I'd just mess around with the factions and troops a little bit. So I came up with this:
There will be only three factions, Northmen (a little more bloodthirsty than the old Nords), Khergit Empire (Khergits with some more troops), and the Calradians. (Swadians, Vaegirs, and Rhodoks, all in one neat package... sorta.)
The land ownership is going to be switched around quite a bit.
Bigger armies, bigger garrisons.
More new items (added later on, the first few releases will probably not have anything entirely new.)
POSSIBLY a slightly larger map.
Some castles/villages will become towns. (Probably)
More troops.

Sorry this isn't very descriptive, I had a whole big one (complete with full story) written, but then my computer automatically restarted  :mad:. I might put the story up sooner or later, but for now, this is it.

I haven't done much yet, but I haven't had much time to work on it yet. This is probably going to be more orientated around the Northmen, but at this stage, I'm really only spitballing ideas around, so it could go in any direction for now.

Well, I'll be updating this soon, (it's kind of crappy right now, I know.) but for now, I guess this is it.

EDIT: Gather 'round, children. 'Tis story time.

It was a hard time. Flash floods had drowned crops and herds of animals. The snow in the mountains had blocked the Khergit trade routes from the land beyond the mountains, and spice was rare. Trade caravans had to travel much longer than usual due to small lakes appearing in the original trade routes. Bandits could now raid villages knowing that the soldiers would not be able to get around these new rivers and lakes. It drew the kingdoms of Calradia to even more destruction. The Swadians weren't as bad off as most others, as much of their land was elevated on mountains, so the water merely ran down the sides and away or got sucked up by the forests. But the blocked trade had left food scarce nonetheless.
But after years of war, the Kingdom of Rhodoks finally surrendered to the Swadians. The year after wasn't so bad. It was wonderful, in fact. Things began to pick up in Calradia once again. But the Swadians, realising their advantage, wasted no time. They immediately set out on a warpath, marching straight for their oldest enemies. The Kingdom of Vaegirs. After a few months of bloodshed, the Swadians finally managed to capture both Reyvadin and Rivacheg, where they took the old King Yaroglek, and cut his throat. It took all of two weeks after that for the Vaegirs to succumb to the Swadians as well.

Wercheg was the next to fall. The veteran armies from Rivacheg and Reyvadin both attacked this large Nordic town. The Nords had grown lazy, mere shadows of the men they once were. The Swadian rampage continued to Sargoth, where both King Harlaus and King Ragnar fell in battle. The Swadians won in the end, their numbers overwhelming the mighty Nords. The Nords had known that defeat was certain, and had already found an heir to Ragnar's throne. The Swadians hadn't. Their pace slowed, and they stopped at Sargoth, leaving Tihr and a few western castles still inhabited by Nords.

The Khergits had heard news of this, of course, and decided that it would be best to leave Calradia. On the other side of the mountains, they found small warring tribes far to the south. It didn't take much for the large Khergit armies to gain control of these people, and form a huge army of different soldiers, adding to their cavalry and giving them the infantry they lacked. After a time, they grew so powerful, the decision was made to go back over the mountains and settle Calradia once again.

While they were away, the Nordic king in Tihr, whose wife he had taken from the Nord's home island as a gift, was persuaded to ask their allies across the sea for assistance. But by the time the king's message arrived, it was too late. Konungr Olaf, a man from a place even farther North than the Nod's home island, had moved south, and conquered the lands that used to belong to the Nords. Hearing of more land to conquer to the south, he and his victorious armies readied their ships and set sail for Calradia as soon as they could.

When they arrived, they easily took Tihr from the Nords. They moved on, and conquered the castles out west, and went as far as Sargoth, where they slaughtered a large amount of Swadians. These men were unbeatable in almost every way. They were fearless, strong, fast, skilled, and, for the most part, fairly intelligent. They could run day and night, hardly ever stopping. They could fight for two hours, defeat an army twice their size, run for the rest of the afternoon and kill another army by nightfall.

The Swadians were truly afraid of these men. And with the Khergits attacking them from the south... It is sure to be bloody.

Well, I know it's a little long, and seeing as I'm pretty tired, and it's quite late, it may be a little hard to follow.

Hope you like it.

EDIT: Troop trees:

Recruit > footman > Varðmaðr > warrior > herse > Drengr
  |              |                |
hunter > > axeman    Night
  |                |          Raider > Raiding Cavalry > Jarl
archer        Heavy          |
  |            Axeman    Rekkr
longbowman                  |
  |                          Berserkr
Champion
Longbowman
Farmer >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ranged militia > crossbowman > heavy crossbowman
  |                                                                                          |
watchman > caravan guard > horseman > cavalry > knight          archer
  |                      |                                                                  |
swordsman      horse archer                                                    bowman
  |                                                                                            |
hired blade                                                                          longbowman
  |
dismounted mercenary knight

#seperate mercenary trees:
spearman > pikeman > poleaxeman
Nord Warrior > Nord Veteran > Nord Huscarl

peasant > levy > >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> soldier > swordsman > heavy swordsman > Calradian Defender
  |            \                                                                    |
  levy          skirmisher > crossbowman > sharpshooter        spearman
horseman        |                                                              |
  |              archer                                                        Heavy
horseman        |                                                        Spearman
  |            Yeowman
outrider
  |
patroller
  |
squire
  |
knight
tribesman > skirmisher >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> horseman > horse archer > veteran horse archer > Tumetu-iin Noyan
  |                                                                                  |
outlander > easterner > eastern swordsman                      lancer
  |                |                                                                |
desert        eastern horseman                                      Heavy Lancer
nomad \
    |      \ 
desert    > >>>>> desert hunter > desert archer
swordsman                        |
  |                          desert spearman
desert warrior
  |
Mamluk

Here are some sig banners:

Code:
Code:
[url=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,49453.0.html] [IMG]http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k380/MandB_Fan/ganbat_viking.jpg[/IMG] [/url]

^^ The artwork courtesy of Ganbat, naturally.

Code:
Code:
[url=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,49453.0.html] [IMG]http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k380/MandB_Fan/FuryofOdinsigpic_2.jpg[/IMG] [/url]

Code:
Code:
[url=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,49453.0.html] [IMG]http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k380/MandB_Fan/lang_skip.jpg[/IMG] [/url]

Code:
Code:
 [url=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,49453.0.html][IMG]http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k380/MandB_Fan/FuryofOdinsigpic_langskip.jpg[/IMG][/url]

To put them in your sig, just:
Select the code underneath the banner you would like,
Click the "Profile" button at the top of the page
Look on the left-hand side for a link that says "Forum profile" and click it
in the "enter your signature" box, paste the code
click "Update my profile" and there you go! :smile:

Screenshots (More coming soon)
screenshot_14.jpg
screenshot_15.jpg

Looks like a GREAT mod. <3 it already.  :razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.