French Guisarmier Troop Tree and Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi, I haven't played M&B for a while but I never liked Native, so I decided to download your mod.
I've had a great experience even though I am progressing very slowly.

I would like to say thank you to the team for a great mod and that if there's a way for me to help (I know C/C++ and could probably learn the language if someone is willing to teach) I'm there.

I have a few questions though.

First, I can't seem to get Guisarmiers, as far as I can tell the troop tree is:

French Paysan -> Milicien -> Homme D'armes -> Ecuyer    -> Chevalier
                                                              -> Fantassin -> Sergent

or

French Paysan -> Milicien -> Homme de Traits -> Hacquebutiers -> Arbaletrier

I don't see where to get Guisarmiers... Is there a way to get them ?

The second question is... I have 7 points in Leadership and I have an allowance of over 200 men, but I can't get more than 60 men without my morale going down so much that my men leave. Is that normal ?

I wanted to raise my morale to get lots of troops so I can besiege castles on my own, but with my morale driving troops away I can never even get to 100 troops. I got to 90 once thanks to battles keeping my morale high but I then lost most of my men in a gigantic battle and was left with forty again.

Thanks.

I dont know wether the french unit isnt broken there or not. You might want to twitch the troops.txt file so your french knights get the proper skills too and do some seroius work of devastation.

You´re using the usual morale boosters? Plenty of different food and such? You should be able to field a few hundred troopers effortlessly for a couple of days - like two to three without severe morale problems with such a high leadership. Unless your party morale was very low to start with or you used to recruit from prisoners?.

I'll check up on the unit as you said in the troops.txt file if you can tell me where that file is located.

Also about the guisarmier, I found it in another thread I think that says it will be fixed in next version.

I'll check my morale boosts in the game and tell you in five minutes or so.

So I'm getting:

Base Morale: +50
Party Size: -117 (I however only have 64 units and 8 prisoners)
Leadership: +49 (that's with 7 in leadership)
Food variety: +10 (It's usually at +20 though, just finished a siege)
Recent events: +60

Total : 60 (that doesn't even add up)

I don't know if it's a problem on my end or just some bug no one ever saw, but it's weird.
My party window also says I have 64/271 people, so imagine my morale with 200 people if it's at 60 now and that's after winning against three lords and a siege.

Edit: Also, I found the troops.txt file, but I don't know what the numbers correspond to. The larger ones seem to indicate xp, but that's all I can see from it.

Someone made a thread on the French knights and how to change their stats; should still be on the first page here.

About the moral: It almost sounds like a bug. Especially since those numbers aren't adding up. I tweaked it so that the player had more moral to correspond to the bigger party size, and since no one had commented on it until now, I figured I'd got it right.

About the troop tree, yeah, it's quite possible they didn't get added into the French troop tree what with all the changes in progress.

Llew2 said:
Someone made a thread on the French knights and how to change their stats; should still be on the first page here.

About the moral: It almost sounds like a bug. Especially since those numbers aren't adding up. I tweaked it so that the player had more moral to correspond to the bigger party size, and since no one had commented on it until now, I figured I'd got it right.

About the troop tree, yeah, it's quite possible they didn't get added into the French troop tree what with all the changes in progress.

Wait, where did I say anything about knights ?

Also on the morale, is there anything I can do to fix it ?

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,50500.0.html

For Chevalier´s crappy stats to give them some more whoomph against your foes.

Guess I´ll run HYW a little bit today and check wether the morale adds up correctly or not and to see wether its a french or english problem.

I'll try running another mod to see if I get the same problem. I'll tell you once I get high enough leadership to notice the problem or not.

I've been having a similar problem, though my character does not have a high leadership skill.  My maximum possible party size is way bigger than adding up the listed modifiers would suggest (two hundred and something), but if I get up past 30 or so in my group my morale goes down the tubes and my army starts deserting. 

Ajax

I tried the Chronicles of Talera for the last few hours and I'm not that high up in leadership yet, but I can easily get a 43/43 party members without having trouble with morale.

Back
Top Bottom