Freeware game advise for fantasy strategy lovers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Cavewars,available from Underdogs,though they clipped the random map maker to make the game smaller,and thats cruel.

http://www.the-underdogs.info/game.php?id=184

I had the CD for a while,and it broke down then.

Story is not too inventive:

You are denizens of a Planet with rich life,and primitive many cultures like humans,Dwarves,Golem-Like Bergbui,Elf like Namalie,Pit Worms,etc.Aliens with super duper weapons attack you,and you among with every lucky person escape into a network of caves similar to Underdark.
Aliens blast the entrance,and you are all imprisoned.Every other dude settles down,except your kingdom,and you begin a campaign of conquest in this rich and dark Underground realm.

You are the Evil Kingdom,and every other race is good.You use your cities similar to civilization,mine Bronze,Iron and Mithril,and fully customize your troops.

Weapon / Armor / Mount Slots are fully customized by you.There are 8 Tech types,4 Magical and 4 Technological,and 5 levels in each,easy to master.

Mine seams Near walls can be dug out and mined(by cities themselves if they are near,by Engineers if they are far,so they get busy),but sometimes there are Huge Deposits in miles deep in rock,which must be revealed by magic and maybe teleported out.Digging to them is too lengthy

Example:grin:warves armed with Mithril Bazooka and Iron Full Plate on Giant Toads
            Humans armed with Bronze Katana and Bronze Full Plate on Drakes for cheap close combat
            Mithril MLRS,Tanks,Artillery batteries supported by summoned Vampires and Wizards
            Iron Crossbow armed Men with Iron Breastplates on horse-like Balthi for Mongol style attack and early rush.
            Humans with Iron Flintlock Rifles,Iron Breastplate on Balthi are my best fast rush units.

Yeah i remember playing it when i was a kid. I however don't remember anything aside from the darkish map. Nice to see the underdogs are undead again :grin:.

ZOMG.I had my original CD bought years ago second hand,but it got damaged beyond recovery.:sad:

It had demos of Wooden ships and Iron men and Smiv3d.

O OWNED with Dwarves minutes ago.My enemy was these Ratmen assholes who were always invisible.We had a Tech vs Magic Stalemate until I researched Mithril Sniper Rifles and sent groups of Assault Buggies.Mwahahaha,BAM BADABADAPOWWW.

The thing is,a primitive tribe of 4 5 cities challenges me and even captures 3 cities even though I had maximum Cave Tech ( Cavern Lord level) just with friggin wizards.Then I got mad and magical,and teleported bands of 2 Assault buggies near their cities,capturing and instant razing.That showed the buggers.

I'd mail them for a balancing patch for wizzies (destroyed a Mithril Tank),but well.The game is Abandonware. :razz:

Back
Top Bottom