Freelancer

Users who are viewing this thread

Livermore

Sergeant at Arms
Quintillis im asking you to, please add freelancer to your mod, i want to roleplay as an soldier too.
Another question is when you will release the next version?  :razz:

First, name the name is; Quintillius.
Secondly I never really liked the idea of Freelancer. The player is actually playing as soldier, in Nova Aetas you're a freeman at the beginning! Unless you hire people and increase in ranks, you'll stay as a soldier of low origin.

I agree with Docm30 on the matter. Including Freelancer isn't worth the costs and effort. Just have a bit imagination and roleplay as soldier. Follow the companion of a lord if you want to get involved in combat.  :smile:

How do I increase in ranks? Every time I try to visit a lord's hall in a town the guards give me the finger because of my 'low origin'

gandhi420 said:
How do I increase in ranks? Every time I try to visit a lord's hall in a town the guards give me the finger because of my 'low origin'
Social class depends on prestige. You can gain prestige by:

1. Cutting wood/quarrying stone
2. Renting/buying residents
3. Buildings in villages and towns
4. Various events you can start in town

That's very disappointing, one of my favorite things to do is starting a new character as a common soldier and "rise through the ranks" once I hit the top of the freelancer's troop tree I'll then ask the king to become a Vassal.

This usually gives me some relations with different lords, helps with starting cash, added protection from early game bandits, if new to the faction it helps you learn their strengths and weaknesses, you make "friends" with a lord/lords without having to complete repetitive and sometimes annoying tasks for them, and overall helps your character gain much needed skills.

Freelancer might be a small addition that can be overlooked by most players, but there are quite a few of us that live by that system as a starter or sometimes going as far to to making a character who has sworn his loyalty to a lord and has never left his service. (have a character on Gekokujo that's on day 800-ish in his service to Great Lord Ryuzoji)

I Personaly I've sunk hundreds of hours into the system, it's just another way to breath life into your world.

Back
Top Bottom