Formation AI doesn't work anymore in Beta IV

Users who are viewing this thread

dungand

Recruit
Hi,
I installed Beta II and formation AI were doing well in battle. When playing with allies, both AI sides would move their troops in line decently.
Now I installed the beta IV, started a new game and set all the mod settings with Formation AI enable.
The formation AI doesn't work anymore, AIs just rush right at the other army fighting mostly in melee.
I tried every possible settings in the mod menu and nothing works.

Did they remove the formation AI? How can I fix this?

Thank you

Hi,

I noticed this too, however not everytime, for me most AI armies actually use formations when attacking, or closing on my troops etc. Bandits and other outlaws just rush at your throats though ... Not sure what's causing this since i didn't change anything in scripts related to the formations.

It's tedious to code this game for me so i try to avoid it. I just removed some useless bonus and stuff given by the game at game start, bows and arrows, medieval armor and shields etc ... It's a real mess though, like the character creation is located in two different section and then when i mod one it doesn't show on a new game, sometimes i can edit the text, sometimes i do it but it doesn't change ingame.

I think the multiple modules added by vympel for the beta I and II are intertwined in a way i just can't understand considering i'm a noobie with python code and the module system. I can understand it somewhat, and i have everything to tweak it, but it's just too annoying and time consuming.

If i can manage to finish the russian expansion it will be a lighter module featuring only formations and diplomacy, then the new map of course if it all work out well. Progress is very slow, i have little to no time right now and haven't played warband for a while. I hope you guys can still have fun with the current versions in case i cannot make updates soon.

For the record, this module was my very first time as making a mod for other people, before that i just modded stuff for myself when i thought i could do better or differently from a module i downloaded and played a lot... I'm not really organized to make a complete change list, arrange and cleanup old files and new ones etc.

Still, i'll do my best as soon as i have time.

Back
Top Bottom