Fog

Users who are viewing this thread

supersire

Recruit
I searched and can not believe nobody else is bothered by this. Occasionally the weather turns foggy or snowy or something and makes the game completely unplayable. How do I disable it?

I actually really like it. The mystique if you can't see your enemy at first and then find yourself face to face with him, without any of your or his troops in sight. Really adds to the gaming experience in my opinion, but happens rather seldom in my games. Don't know how to disable it though, sorry.

don't worry your not the only one, i really hate it whenever it comes along i swear loudly and sit in a castle or town catching up on my reading til it goes away.

Its something i've seen in every mod though

actually really like it. The mystique if you can't see your enemy at first and then find yourself face to face with him, without any of your or his troops in sight. Really adds to the gaming experience in my opinion, but happens rather seldom in my games. Don't know how to disable it though, sorry.

It would add to game play except for the fact that all the enemies can see you. They'll shoot you from a hundred yards away when there is maybe half a yard of visibility.

Then order your soldiers to follow you and hide behind them. Or understand that with fog you can't see **** IRL too and hide in a castle.
Seriously? I think there is a switch somewhere that allows you to turn the fog off. Should be just changing a 1 to a 0, though I have no idea where that would be.

Fog battles are among the coolest - creepy and deadly. Awesome - and you can always use the minimap to spot your enemies on Pendors Private Radar.

supersire said:
I searched and can not believe nobody else is bothered by this. Occasionally the weather turns foggy or snowy or something and makes the game completely unplayable. How do I disable it?

lol oh my goodness come on what you want a game where it is all good weather then go a head and play a cartoon game. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :shock: :shock: :roll: :?: :arrow: :!:

noosers said:
Fog battles are among the coolest - creepy and deadly. Awesome - and you can always use the minimap to spot your enemies on Pendors Private Radar.

Oh yea specially with a Calvary force.

Fog in pendor is air being coloured to white by special air force planes,seriously,its BLOODY DENSE.

And yeah,noosers,I love the pendor private radar.So useful  :twisted:

Honzai,you may NOT want to triple post for future reference.

~Ãbyss

The real problem with fog is that the AI cheats, knowing your exact location, while you have no clue where they're located. This leads to their archers being able to shoot at you to their hearts content, and you trying to guess where they're coming from.

Simo said:
H0NZA1 said:
Says a triple poster..  :roll: I hate the fog too. I've never seen fog that thick in real life and it's really annoying.

well then come to scandinavia dude, during winter and spring we useally get some thick ass fog in Denmark..

The fog is fun, and the enemy doesn't have an advantage, your soldiers know where the enemy is too. Basically, you're the one guy really affected, and you get to use a map to find them, rather than the psychic senses your troops seem to have.

webspinnre said:
The real problem with fog is that the AI cheats, knowing your exact location, while you have no clue where they're located. This leads to their archers being able to shoot at you to their hearts content, and you trying to guess where they're coming from.

Yes they do.. my most memorable and nightmarish experience in combat with M&B was during very thick fog..

P-l-a-y-e-r    s-o-u-p.

:smile:

~S

Back
Top Bottom