Floris Evolved (Sub Mod - Released)

Users who are viewing this thread

troycall said:
The installer uses a static method of installing into your Steam Warband directory, in this case simply go to the place where floris evolved is installed, go back one folder, copy and paste the folder into your Modules folder of your GoG Warband.

I have the same problem, but this solution doesn't fix anything. When the installing begins, they ask you thepath youto to installthe mod in, even if you choose thee right path, for the non-steam game, the error still pops up

I have to join boogle question.
Is there any way to have normal floris settings back?
Menu screens are eye-bleeding bright while night travels look like wandering in the void.
Also colours are so bleak names of Khergit cities are white.
Cheers!

Kryh said:
I have to join boogle question.
Is there any way to have normal floris settings back?
Menu screens are eye-bleeding bright while night travels look like wandering in the void.
Also colours are so bleak names of Khergit cities are white.
Cheers!

I actually found out how. It's too bad that Reshade program doesn't restore/uninstall properly. Go into your Warband directory, and delete the d3d9.dll file. Warband itself does not make use of that file, and if you want to be doubly sure you can check its file properties and the description should say something like "Crosire's ReShade post-processing injector".

@boogle
I don't have the file, I never even launched reshade.

+ I have another issue, from time to time all texts (parties, cities etc.) float randomly, mashing together, blinking in corners of my screen or even stretch from one corner to another causing epilepsy.
+ another question, how do I change commander as it was in regular Floris? Can't see option for that on battle screen

Hey ho, is there a way to get the animation from floris expanded to work with evolved, i rly liked the new animations tho.
If i overwrite those animations from evolved with the animations from expanded the tavern features seems to not work properly (basically the new animations from the commoners and the bards are gone, commoners are sitting on the desk now with some weird poses  :lol: )

Great mod btw <3

Kryh said:
@boogle

Oh, that's just the normal look of the mod. I don't like it, too. Especially like you say the colours are so unsaturated it's hard to tell what's what, everything is grey (it's fine when you mouse-over, though).
It's of course some other files or settings that are doing it, but I haven't been able to find any explanations of the mod, so wasn't successful in removing it. I'd like to know how to remove that too if anyone knows :smile:

boogle said:
Kryh said:
@boogle

Oh, that's just the normal look of the mod. I don't like it, too. Especially like you say the colours are so unsaturated it's hard to tell what's what, everything is grey (it's fine when you mouse-over, though).
It's of course some other files or settings that are doing it, but I haven't been able to find any explanations of the mod, so wasn't successful in removing it. I'd like to know how to remove that too if anyone knows :smile:

Delete enbseries.ini, enbseries.dll, d3d9.dll, and sweetfx.txt if you find it, don't quite remember if there were any other injectors included.

I'm pretty sure this has been listed, but, it would appear that the Bishop Tophelm and Frisian helms are not equipable after buying through the cheat menu. It would appear that the bishop has access to the Tophelm. yet does not wear it.

It would appear that the error stems from a bug in the code of 'item_kinds1.txt'.

I have replaced the line with a modified one from the crusader helms.

itm_he_pla_pri_bishoptophelm Bishop_Tophelm Bishop_Tophelm 1  he_pla_pri_bishoptophelm 0  12 0 824 704643238 2.000000 100 54 0 0 7 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

It would appear that the replacement line changes the strength requirement to 7 rather than some unknown value in red text.
This makes the helmet wearable in game. The same solution could be applied to the 'frisian helm'.

Hopefully after many years, we can finally see badass battle-bishops come to life.

P.S. Is there a thread where I can post pictures for model/mesh clipping and bugs for this mod? I'd be more than happy to help.  :smile:

Hey, I don't have any notes appearing while travelling on the map, same in battle, it doesn't show casualties.

In the "notes" tab on the map, it says :
"at simple trigger trigger no: 158.
at simple trigger trigger no: 158.
unrecognized opcode 43 01.; LINE NO: 1:
unrecognized opcode 43 01.; LINE NO: 1:" etc...  :sad:

EDIT: Alright I guess I was supposed to launch the game with 'Floris Evolved.exe' but it looks less smooth

Very weird bug. By day 121 the combat text disappeared. Normally it reappears after a while or after restarting the game. I restarted the game 3 times and it didn't work, as I entered the game a bit of text quickly appeared and disappeared. Tried restarting a fourth time, and the save file was "incompatible", so I can't start it anymore. Really weird. Anyone know a fix?

dr974 said:
hello, sorry for my bad english,
Where is the language file ? for a personal translation plz

Je pense que es Français, n'est-ce pas? Tu es de la Réunion (974)?

Pour traduire le mod il faut lancer le jeu en mode fenêtré, puis créer un fichier new language.
Mais Floris mod pack est déjà traduit partiellement et je continue de compléter la traduction déjà bien avancée, je pense que ce sub mod n'a pas du changer beaucoup de texte, à vérifier..
Donc si tu es patient!

Salut.  :razz:

lolitablue said:
dr974 said:

Pour traduire le mod il faut lancer le jeu en mode fenêtré, puis créer un fichier new language.
Mais Floris mod pack est déjà traduit partiellement et je continue de compléter la traduction déjà bien avancée, je pense que ce sub mod n'a pas du changer beaucoup de texte, à vérifier..
Donc si tu es patient!

Oui je suis de la Réunion x)
tu aurais une traduction partielle ? je suis pas mauvais en anglais, mais c'est plus plaisant de jouer en Fr quand il y a beaucoup de dialogue.
autre petite question, on peut pas jouer avec ce mod (Floris evolued) mais sur une nouvelle carte ? car toujours la même c'est chiant x)
ou avec le même mod mais sur Viking conquest, car ce DLC est genial mais j'ai pas trouvé de mod comme Floris pour viking :'(

dr974 said:
lolitablue said:
dr974 said:

Donc si tu es patient!

Oui je suis de la Réunion x)
tu aurais une traduction partielle ? je suis pas mauvais en anglais, mais c'est plus plaisant de jouer en Fr quand il y a beaucoup de dialogue.
autre petite question, on peut pas jouer avec ce mod (Floris evolued) mais sur une nouvelle carte ? car toujours la même c'est chiant x)
ou avec le même mod mais sur Viking conquest, car ce DLC est genial mais j'ai pas trouvé de mod comme Floris pour viking :'(

Hé hé La Réunion!! Saucisse rougail, rhum arrangé... ananas, piment (Mon préféré, il ramone le gosier!! Ce lui-là :lol:), orange café, je connais tout ça grâce à mon gendre (De St André)!! Et j'en passe... Que du bonheur!!

Pour revenir à Floris, tu peux essayer de créer ta propre carte à voir sur le forum français et même ici, sur le topic approprié.
Arranger ce mode à la sauce Viking, houaou!! Là pour la cas je peux rien dire, ça doit être faisable mais faut des connaissances en modding.

Bon courage et le bonjour à la Réunion en passant. (Moi j'habite dans le Centre de la France mais natif de l'Aveyron au sud)
On peut communiquer sur le forum traduction, j'y ai mes habitudes là-bas...

En ce qui concerne la traduction partielle.... voir ICI.

Edit:
Lien ci-dessus, en cherchant un peu j'ai trouvé le complément des fichiers traduits par Zyzomis, à vérifier!!
Si le lien ne marche pas vas voir par ici:
Post 23

Bye

Hey Dynamite, thanks for this mod and keeping Floris alive until this day.

I have a question about lords returning from exile. In Floris Expanded 2.54, I had a problem where after about a year of the game day 300-400+, lords start disappearing. They "appear" to return with the mod options enabling it, and the message shows that they've received pardons, but they're not spawned anywhere in the game. They don't show up on the factions' list of vassals. They don't show up in the list when you ask a noble "I want to know the location of someone".

The issue is pretty much identical to this one, from a thread 5 years ago: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=181224.0

So it's a pretty old Floris/Diplomacy issue. Something about slot_troop_occupation being slto_inactive or slto_kingdom_hero. I've spent the last few days looking for a fix but I've given up and decided to try Floris Evolved instead.

My question really is if lords really do return from exile in Floris Evolved?

In my Floris Expanded 2.54 save of over 700 days, almost half the lords were completely missing. The worst thing is the game treated them as though they're not missing, so rulers don't even try to "recruit" vassals from other realms into their own, so there's almost no shifting of power. The map was also almost completely empty for certain factions because the game treats them as having ~20 lords when they in fact had 6 or 7. Basically lead to far fewer lord patrols and therefore bandits completely took over the villager and caravan routes.

It's broken as well here!  :sad: :sad:

I'm confused why searching "exile", "exiled", "missing" and "pardon" brings no result in this thread, or the thread over at nexusmods. Is this not an issue for anyone else? Once it reaches day 400 lords will start disappearing. They'll receive pardons to return for exile but simply go missing.

I just went to simulate a new game from day 1 all the way to day 400 for a few hours and now at day ~450 there are at least 3 lords missing already. The rate of lords going missing will only increase after day 400 because a lot of them have cycled through most of the lieges already and are on the verge of exile outside Calradia. Which means they'll receive "pardons" and actually go completely missing!

Image 1: Taishi Nagusei's page. Look at the sidebar on the right, notice Taishi Belir and Taishi Chuarka too. Taishi is the basic lord title for the Khergits:
4N1NdqE.jpg

Image 2: Khergit Khanate page. No Taishi Nagusei. No Taishi Belir. No Taishi Chuarka:
LKTEHHj.jpg

They all received pardons and have thereafter gone completely missing. They don't show up on the list when asking another noble the "location of someone".

How is this a non-issue for everyone else? Has no one else reached day 400+? Even if you rushed, typically conquering all of Calradia would take at least 500 days, and this bug will be very glaring and problematic at that point. A non-rushed conquest of Calradia would typically take at least 700 days. And if you took your time meticulously like I do for months, it could probably easily extend into 1000+ days.

This has been an issue since the older Floris way back in 2011/2012. Am I really the one of the few, or the only one who's facing this issue? The game is unplayable past day 500 because the game treats missing lords as "returned" and it messes up the whole number of lords per faction balancing dynamic. The only way for Floris to then be playable is to disable returning from exile so they are truly treated as having left the realm, but that's barely half a solution.

chuhrros said:
It's broken as well here!  :sad: :sad:

I'm confused why searching "exile", "exiled", "missing" and "pardon" brings no result in this thread, or the thread over at nexusmods. Is this not an issue for anyone else? Once it reaches day 400 lords will start disappearing. They'll receive pardons to return for exile but simply go missing.

I just went to simulate a new game from day 1 all the way to day 400 for a few hours and now at day ~450 there are at least 3 lords missing already. The rate of lords going missing will only increase after day 400 because a lot of them have cycled through most of the lieges already and are on the verge of exile outside Calradia. Which means they'll receive "pardons" and actually go completely missing!

Image 1: Taishi Nagusei's page. Look at the sidebar on the right, notice Taishi Belir and Taishi Chuarka too. Taishi is the basic lord title for the Khergits:
4N1NdqE.jpg

Image 2: Khergit Khanate page. No Taishi Nagusei. No Taishi Belir. No Taishi Chuarka:
LKTEHHj.jpg

They all received pardons and have thereafter gone completely missing. They don't show up on the list when asking another noble the "location of someone".

How is this a non-issue for everyone else? Has no one else reached day 400+? Even if you rushed, typically conquering all of Calradia would take at least 500 days, and this bug will be very glaring and problematic at that point. A non-rushed conquest of Calradia would typically take at least 700 days. And if you took your time meticulously like I do for months, it could probably easily extend into 1000+ days.

This has been an issue since the older Floris way back in 2011/2012. Am I really the one of the few, or the only one who's facing this issue? The game is unplayable past day 500 because the game treats missing lords as "returned" and it messes up the whole number of lords per faction balancing dynamic. The only way for Floris to then be playable is to disable returning from exile so they are truly treated as having left the realm, but that's barely half a solution.

I'll look into it, how are you testing this exactly? So I can troubleshoot.

Dynamite Jewduh said:
chuhrros said:

I'll look into it, how are you testing this exactly? So I can troubleshoot.
It has been an issue on my main save on Floris Expanded 2.54, and I didn't intend to "test" it, but it just affected my late game very negatively so I quit that.

So I downloaded Evolved and tested:
I started a new game and let it run for a few hours. I joined armies as a freelancer, whichever was fighting the least so there'd be as few interferences as possible while I alt+tabbed and did other things. I went between King Harlaus, Count Grainwad and Konsugnr Ragnar.

Every 50 days or so I came back to check lord's relations with their lieges. The ones with "ultio" and "vindicta" are always on the verge of leaving their faction or being indicted for treason. It wasn't until about day 400 until they cycled through all the lieges and left the realm entirely.

At about day 450 I checked back and some are returning from exile on a liege's pardon. I went to look for them on the faction's page, not there. I went to ask a noble of their faction "I want to know the location of someone", they're not on the list.

And here the save is now. Those screenshots are taken at this point. Here's the save file if you want to check it out:
https://www.mediafire.com/?2kw7ndgc415rw5s

EDIT: List of missing lords that I know of:
- Those 3 Taishis in my screenshots
- Hersir Gearth of the Nords
- Lord Plais of Swadia

There may be more. I might jump in, wait another month and hope in vain that they'll "respawn" somehow lol.

Back
Top Bottom