Floris Evolved (Sub Mod - Released)

Users who are viewing this thread

Drenai said:
Dynamite Jewduh said:
Drenai said:
Not sure, as I only found the mod recently, and tried the troop.txt file on the latest version D.

Our campaign is up to day 350, and still enjoying it immensely,  though I will point out a couple of things that could improve it even further.

A bit more variety in the neutral units, really only deserters and bandits, it would make the "inbetween war" gameplay a bit more interesting.
Building options, there isn't many, increasing these would boost the fief development part of the game.

Also maybe a bug, I got betrothed to a lady and it's been about 120 days since, and no feast and wedding, come to think of it, there has been no feast at all since I put the word on her.

I will look at troops trees eventually. Let me know if you were or weren't able to marry.

The troop tree isn't really that important to be honest, at first it was but I have got used to all the names now :smile:

Still can't get married, I've sent gifts to her father and to her through my man at the castle to improve relations, I even spoke to her mother about her and she told me she was fond of some other dude.
There was also another lady I was interested in early in the game, got the message from her about a dozen times, visited and read poetry to her, then one day I turn up and she is betrothed to some other guy, that was easily 200 days ago and they are yet to be married also.
The king has not called a feast ever since she agreed to marry me, though other factions are still holding feasts.

What do you mean by the player built settlements? I'm deep into my playthrough and didn't know we could built castles or outposts or what does that mean??
I mean the buildings you can construct at the castles and villages, not the castles themselves, though that would be cool :smile:

Im not sure if your experiencing a bug or not. Check this link out.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/48700/discussions/0/522728086829992073/

Is the singleplayer mode able to run without WSE? It says like after visiting a village a error in the message log "WSE is not running", should i ignore it? I cant run WSE because cracked version  :???:

I also got errors after trying to visit a zone, i leave a screenshot of it.

ht tp://i.imgur.com/vLi1cji.jpg (ugh cant post a screenshot of it because im new in the forum, just broke the link so i could post it)

To install it i downloaded the Floris Evolved installer (it said it was in patch 1.6), then downloaded patch 1.7 and 1.8, and overwrited each patch in order in the module folder (./modules/Floris_Evolved)

Dynamite Jewduh said:
Drenai said:
Not sure, as I only found the mod recently, and tried the troop.txt file on the latest version D.

Our campaign is up to day 350, and still enjoying it immensely,  though I will point out a couple of things that could improve it even further.

A bit more variety in the neutral units, really only deserters and bandits, it would make the "inbetween war" gameplay a bit more interesting.
Building options, there isn't many, increasing these would boost the fief development part of the game.

Also maybe a bug, I got betrothed to a lady and it's been about 120 days since, and no feast and wedding, come to think of it, there has been no feast at all since I put the word on her.

I will look at troops trees eventually.

Glad to hear you're gonna look at troop trees. Could you also take a look at party templates? One thing that ticks me off so much is how predictable the game becomes in the long run, the swadians and then the vaegirs are always the first ones to go, followed by the sarranids, the game always turns into a trio-war between the nords, khergits and rhodoks.

I had no idea that 1.8 was released, let alone 1.9, you should update the original post, if it wasn't for MgDark's post I would not have thought to look.

You should remove the relation increase after you retire from service, that's an exploit.
Enlist -> retire from service -> repeat fast x20 = relation with faction 100

Lemble said:
You should remove the relation increase after you retire from service, that's an exploit.
Enlist -> retire from service -> repeat fast x20 = relation with faction 100

Will be updated in version 1.10.
- Enlistment last 90 days, after 90 days you can retire or take vacation.

Duh said:
Dynamite Jewduh said:
Tuesday 6/30/15
Patch 1.6 is released... Adds health regeneration to the mod options, fixes borders moving with wind glitch, fixes more helmets with graphical errors, fixes dialogs and text errors and adds a new logo for the mod. Going to continue to polish up singleplayer for next few patches before shifting focus mainly to the multiplayer and coop mode. Remember to that we have a dedicated server: **EU_FlorisEV1. The dedicated server will be a battle server/coop server as of now.
It really kind of warms the heart to know that people enjoy the mod so much that they even develop modes, which we ever hardly touched upon. Never thought there would be a Floris server out there. Thank you for that Jewduh. I will make sure to tell Monnikje as well, he is just wrapping up his 15000km euro trip and will drop by at my place on tuesday... if his car doesn't break down again  :iamamoron:
Thank you! This is such a late reply lol, I took time off from modding and never seen this post. I want to thank you Duh; everyone on the Floris team and all the modders whose work contributed to Floris. I hope I can continue to add more features to this great mod.  :grin:

Dynamite Jewduh said:
Drenai said:
Just installed 1.10 and found a bug, all my party members who were wearing the Diplomat armor are now wearing Sarranid stones.

Sounds like you didn't start a new game. 1.10 isn't save compatible.

That's most certainly the reason :smile:
Still can't find anything in the patch notes stating that fact, 450 days down the cadbury canal.

I edited the troops so that A4 Sarranid Garips could get arquebuses, but when I promoted I didn't get my arquebus. How do I fix this?

Just started playing today, nice mod.

I do have a couple of questions:
1) How can I go back to the original M&B font? I'm not a big fan of the new font
2) I am unable to see the scrolling text in-combat, and have to look at the log to see who is getting injured and killed. How would I fix this?
3) How do I turn shield bash off for the player?

Thanks for a cool sub-mod!

DaxterBlack said:
Hello, me and several of my friends enjoy battle time and were hoping to try your mod in multiplayer. However when i load a battle from single player i don't see any option to set the battle up in my dedicated server. I have tried several fixes but ultimately none have worked, i would like any help you can provide as this is ruining what seems to be an excellent mod.
I just noticed I replied incorrectly to you several months ago, do you still need help setting up a dedicated server for floris evolved?

is it possible to change towns/villages/castle names color back to original? as i understand it's not same as color in factions.txt, because colors there (faction colors) is same as in Native, so change is somewhere else?
please help, i just can't see difference between current factions colors, everything blend into same color with exception of Nords and Rhodok
i just don't understand how such chose of colors can be usable at all
i.imgur.com/cKiVNk2.jpg

Clanf said:
is it possible to change towns/villages/castle names color back to original? as i understand it's not same as color in factions.txt, because colors there (faction colors) is same as in Native, so change is somewhere else?
please help, i just can't see difference between current factions colors, everything blend into same color with exception of Nords and Rhodok
i just don't understand how such chose of colors can be usable at all
i.imgur.com/cKiVNk2.jpg

Change faction colors under camp options.

Dynamite Jewduh said:
Change faction colors under camp options.
no, no matter what colors i choose - they always kinda "faded", like on screenshot
but i figured it out - it was HDR, after disabling HDR in options colors returned back to normal, also changing this horrible map terrain textures back to Native helps a lot too
strange though - in Pendor HDR gives reversed effect and makes colors a bit more saturated, like it should, and overall graphic changes (with/without HDR) not so drastic

Right, so, I don't know if this is specific to Floris Evolved or not, but I haven't bought a single acre of land from any town landlords. However, I started the game with a few in every one of the faction I spawned in's towns and periodically get more as time goes on. Why?

Oh, and as a future suggestion: I don't suppose you'd be willing to dip into the Freelancer code and make it so that when you enlist with a lord, the upgrade/pay tree you go by is linked with that lord's recuitment faction?

IE - When a Swadian lord defects to Khergits, he'll continue to only recruit Swadian troops. But if you were to join his army as a freelancer, you'd upgrade like a Khergit. I'd like to match what he normally has in his army, regardless of the current faction he's actually associated with.

I used the installer to install the floris evolved mod into the warband directory. it copied it correct in my modules folder, but i cant run it. if i run it with floris_evolved.exe i get the error message that it can't find the warband.exe. if i proceed to copy the files of the WSE into the root folder(where warband.exe is) and run it, i always get the activation notification and have to play in trial which disables multiplayer. what  am i supposed to do? i bought the game on GOG so i have no key fitting for the activation and got version 1.168.

Moneydoener said:
I used the installer to install the floris evolved mod into the warband directory. it copied it correct in my modules folder, but i cant run it. if i run it with floris_evolved.exe i get the error message that it can't find the warband.exe. if i proceed to copy the files of the WSE into the root folder(where warband.exe is) and run it, i always get the activation notification and have to play in trial which disables multiplayer. what  am i supposed to do? i bought the game on GOG so i have no key fitting for the activation and got version 1.168.
Launch the game normally into Native once, then launch it with WSE and it'll work. make sure to get to the main menu in both before quitting.

Back
Top Bottom