Floris Evolved (Sub Mod - Released)

Users who are viewing this thread

Didass said:
Ive been playing sp and i get some bugs like once i just used the thing of change commander with an alive companion his eq got cloned and it became mins eq after the battle.
Also many red errors missing consequences i got bored of it.
I just installed expanded and mixed it with evolved it lost some features like continuing battle with your troop but i don't have any more bugs now :p

All of those red errors and such go away if you use his installer rather then just unzipping the mod and putting it in the folder.

Oke ill try that later and say if anything goes wrong, but i guess that the bug of the equipment will still be present, hopefully ill be wrong.

Hello, me and several of my friends enjoy battle time and were hoping to try your mod in multiplayer. However when i load a battle from single player i don't see any option to set the battle up in my dedicated server. I have tried several fixes but ultimately none have worked, i would like any help you can provide as this is ruining what seems to be an excellent mod.

I finally got to try this mod. Because there was no feature list I was very much impressed by the stuff that has become so familiar with Floris and Warband in general that seeing the stuff in-game was a pleasant surprise.

Among things not listed but also included:
- Idle animations for people in taverns
- Bards actually play music in taverns if present
- New presentations screens
- New mod options

DaxterBlack said:
Hello, me and several of my friends enjoy battle time and were hoping to try your mod in multiplayer. However when i load a battle from single player i don't see any option to set the battle up in my dedicated server. I have tried several fixes but ultimately none have worked, i would like any help you can provide as this is ruining what seems to be an excellent mod.

You need to open camp menu, then mod options, then check Enable battle time, only the host needs to do this by the way.
Then the battle_Time will be eanbeld :smile:

Make sure you launch game with Floris_Evolved.exe (Renamed WSELOader.exe) or WSELoader.exe if not using the installer version of the mod.

In sp: always you are too wounded to fight and have the chance to use a conpanion to command, using change commander option will bug after battle making you los e your equipment and duplicating the eq of the companion you used in the last battle.

Didass said:
In sp: always you are too wounded to fight and have the chance to use a conpanion to command, using change commander option will bug after battle making you los e your equipment and duplicating the eq of the companion you used in the last battle.
Are you using Floris_Evolved.exe (from desktop if using installer version of mod)?
Or WSELoader.exe if using regular + patch?

Either way make sure you launch with Floris_Evolved.exe or with WSELoader.exe otherwise you'll have errors and bugs, however thanks for reporting this i'll take a look into it.

Im playing in my desktop with a game installed with the installer. Also everyday im playing with floris evolved launcher. Try yourself o_O

Didass said:
Im playing in my desktop with a game installed with the installer. Also everyday im playing with floris evolved launcher. Try yourself o_O

I'll look into it, I myself haven't experienced this bug. I'm glad you guys have been enjoying the mod, Floris is awesome, I'm glad I could add to the experience. I took a small hiatus, but I'm back and looking foward to adding more content.

Cool, Dynamite Jewduh. :grin: Yeah I've been enjoying it so far.

Could you look into the bug where if you capture a Rhodok castle and try to put troops into it, the garrison disappears? The guaranteed way I can get this bug to happen is if I capture the fort and choose not to give it to anybody yet (if I am the ruler or am working with a claimant). So it starts off with like 40-50 pre-selected troops, right? After waiting a while in the castle to heal up my own troops wounded from the siege, the garrison will disappear. Even if you try to add some troops into it, the garrison still disappears after a while. It only seems to happen in Rhodok castles in particular, and I'm not sure if it happens to castles that were originally Rhodok, captured by another faction then recaptured by your faction.

This has happened even in normal Floris, which is probably some kind of script-related bug.

Is it possible to still use the Random Bandit Equipment mini mod with this sub mod?

Also, how difficult would it be to add some things from the Floris Improved mod pack, like outposts or bard skills and entertaining in town?

Dezman said:
Game keeps crashing on alt-tab, is that a mount and blade issue or floris one?
M&B issue. If you only have a single monitor you can use fake full screen programs like Game Companion or similar. It doesn't work well with multiple monitors for some reason (but only on M&B; I use that program for other games just fine). M&B's windowed mode is somewhat weird so it's generally not a good idea to play in windowed mode. I get issues like my mouse leaves the game screen while holding the mouse button down (aiming, attacking, directional blocking), particularly with multiple monitors. But full screen also causes crashes.

An alternate fix that works for some people is to turn anti-aliasing off. With anti-aliasing off I can alt+tab out of full screen mode just fine, but it can sometimes take some time for the game to reload its assets when I switch back. For that reason I usually only alt+tab during a menu screen or when I'm in a small space like a tavern, and not while in combat.

I'm getting a bug where my save games become incompatible after ~10 hours of game time, consistently. I always launch with the .exe and not through steam, but now my saved games only work through steam and give me errors upon entering battle/some other scenes. Any cause or fix?

Dezman said:
I'm getting a bug where my save games become incompatible after ~10 hours of game time, consistently. I always launch with the .exe and not through steam, but now my saved games only work through steam and give me errors upon entering battle/some other scenes. Any cause or fix?
You will always get script errors if you don't launch it without WSE.
Make sure you ALWAYS launched it with WSE otherwise it may cause issues if you overwrite a save or make a save, and from my experience this haven't happend to me yet and I have more than 40 hours of in-game time spent in my Floris Evolved saves, however I did always launch with WSE.

Perhaps try launching the exe as an admin? right click it and properties > compatbility > run this program as admin.

If you save the game with WSE you should be able to load it up with both WSE and Regular launcher, however saving/overwriting the save with regular warband launcher (and not WSE or Floris_Evolved.exe) will cause save incompatibility and your save will be unplayable under WSE, so always make sure you run the mod with WSE or "Floris_Evolved.exe" or the floris evolved shortcut in the desktop if you got the installer version of the mod.

OK, I was able to recreate your issue. it seems you mistakingly (sometime) launched the mod without WSE/Floris evolved executable and overwrote the saves or made new saves, which broke the saves for WSE, if you overwrote the saves then your only options are to either live with the script errors and bugginess by launching it without WSE/Floris evolved launcher or delete the saves and always run the game with WSE/Floris evolved launcher so you get to experience everything and without errors!

Breyean said:
Is it possible to still use the Random Bandit Equipment mini mod with this sub mod?

Also, how difficult would it be to add some things from the Floris Improved mod pack, like outposts or bard skills and entertaining in town?
I'm not sure, best to ask Dynamite Jewduh about that.

Back
Top Bottom