"Fixing" interior lighting (halp)

Users who are viewing this thread

Barf

Sergeant Knight at Arms
I am sure most people know that the interior lighting washes out the specular lighting of the normal maps and
makes anything with a high specular look like crap, while tinkering I figured out more of it's oddities.

I had thought the primary culprit is the sf_interior flag in the module_scenes.py, what it does is it turns off the skybox and sunlight, which shouldn't
affect point lights but it turns out, that without the sun, point lights look terrible.

nay.jpg

The only problem with this is if you do disable sf_interior by replacing it with a "0", interiors will look odd during the day
since they are receiving light from the sun...so I figured no problem just turn down the sunlight in the weather options...
Which actually works...surprising, (just don't reduce the sun light intensity lower than 4 because then the bad lighting returns).

Now being the module system n00b that I aspire to be, I have no idea what the most elegant way would be to change interiors so they all recieve a little sun,
or even how to change a single scene's weather...So this is where I ask for help from the amazing Taleworlds community of modders ^_^.

Try put a big scene prop above all of your interior, so that it blocks sun from shining on the interior itself, together with switching off sf_interior flag

It looks alright without any scene blockers, intensity of 4 is pretty low so you only really notice the specular it throws out.
I just need to figure out where in the module system weather is controlled and maybe an easy way to enable sun intensity 4 for all interior scenes.

Weather can be controlled directly in module_mission_templates:

(set_global_haze_amount, 0),
(set_rain, 0, 0),

Sunlight can be set by changing the "time":

(ti_before_mission_start, 0, 0, [], [(scene_set_day_time,12)]),  -->Sets the scene time to noon.

Back
Top Bottom