Field Of View - Suggestion

Users who are viewing this thread

BahnoCZ

Sergeant
I wonder what the max field of view will be in Bannerlord. From the gameplay videos it seems similar or identical to Warband and that makes me quite sad.
Unless I am wrong, the FOV in Warband was somewhere around 85, whereas an ideal FOV for a game like Mount And Blade (atleast in my opinion, from playing mods that allow for a higher number) is around 100.

The current (Warband's in any case) FOV is very restrictive. Now I don't want this thread turn into an argument about realism, but just to justify my suggestion I am going to refer to real life.

In real life, in a real battle if you were living in that sort of period, you'd be looking left and right all the time.
This just isn't practical in a fast paced game like MnB - either you'd have to use a separate key or turn your whole body. As I said, very impractical in a game.
However just turning your head ever so slightly to the left or right, let's you see whatever is directly at your side.

That's why I think having an FOV slider that goes far enough to let you see whatever you'd see in real life with your head on a swivel (as you would have if all around you people were weilding sharp objects) would only be beneficial to the experience.

Freelook would still retain it's use for looking behind yourself and if some players prefer a lower field of view they can use a lower one.
I think it's a win-win situation.

An FOV slider is definitely a must. Hell, it was a must for Warband, and it's a massive shame that they never added one.
Ideally, we'd have different FOV settings for both first and third person.

Good topic, I might add that it would also be nice to have a sensitivity slider for ranged and one for melee. Also, what would be really cool and helpful for melee combat would be a horizontal/vertical slider to avoid those extremely fast accelerated movements that go upright or downright when you try to block or prepare a hit.

I would like to have to be able to save the settings for melee and bows and for cav, so I don't need to change the settings all the time I change weapon.

Warband doesn't specifically have a slider that allows you to change your FoV, but you can increase or decrease your FoV by pressing + or - on your numpad.

Only works for 3rd person though.

Just mentioning it in case someone reading this doesn't know that you can change your FoV in Warband. It's definitely something that can be improved upon though. A slider would be nice.

Fidel Lagstro said:
Warband doesn't specifically have a slider that allows you to change your FoV, but you can increase or decrease your FoV by pressing + or - on your numpad.

Only works for 3rd person though.

Just mentioning it in case someone reading this doesn't know that you can change your FoV in Warband. It's definitely something that can be improved upon though. A slider would be nice.

It's not as much about the GUI as the actual maximum amount you can set.

Ketran said:
A human's natural field of view sits at 110 degrees anyway so it's not unrealistic to have 100
Maybe when using just one eye, for both combined it's about 200 deg (w) x 135 deg (h).

Fidel Lagstro said:
That just moves the camera closer/further to/from your character, but the FOV remains unchanged.

Back
Top Bottom