Female Marriage

Users who are viewing this thread

Darthlawsuit

Recruit
I intend to become the queen of Calandria and get the steam achievement too. However it seems I need to marry so i can throw feasts and suck up to the lords in swadia. So I am wondering a few things.

1. When I marry do I adopt the flag of the husband and lose the Germanic flag I have had for so long?

2. If you marry and suggest that you want to be queen, will your husband object?

Darthlawsuit said:
I intend to become the queen of Calandria and get the steam achievement too. However it seems I need to marry so i can throw feasts and suck up to the lords in swadia. So I am wondering a few things.

1. When I marry do I adopt the flag of the husband and lose the Germanic flag I have had for so long?

No.  If you already have a banner, you'll keep it.

2. If you marry and suggest that you want to be queen, will your husband object?

Generally not, although your relation with him should be higher than his for his liege.  And you should definitely aim to raise his relation to 100, preferably before you rebel.

The great thing about playing a female character is that you can rebel at anytime--and keep your fiefs--by convincing your husband you should be queen.  Make the most of your time in a faction by racking up fiefs, then pick your moment (preferably when your faction is at war with someone else) to rebel.

This is why you should choose wisely.  Don't pick an upstanding, martial or good-natured lord who has high relation to his king.  Pick a calculating, debauched, pitiless or quarrelsome lord who hates his king.  Then make sure you raise his relation to you to 100--so he doesn't start hating you when you become queen!

JosieJ said:
This is why you should choose wisely.  Don't pick an upstanding, martial or good-natured lord who has high relation to his king.  Pick a calculating, debauched, pitiless or quarrelsome lord who hates his king.  Then make sure you raise his relation to you to 100--so he doesn't start hating you when you become queen!

LOL, hows your current husband now? Is he another Druli like douchebag again?

JosieJ said:
Generally not, although your relation with him should be higher than his for his liege.  And you should definitely aim to raise his relation to 100, preferably before you rebel.

The great thing about playing a female character is that you can rebel at anytime--and keep your fiefs--by convincing your husband you should be queen.  Make the most of your time in a faction by racking up fiefs, then pick your moment (preferably when your faction is at war with someone else) to rebel.
I've haven't tried a female character extensively. What follows if your husband doesn't support your rebel idea? you can't rebel without his consent or something?

I have some questions.

I tried to play a female character (I focus only on healing abilities and leadership)

If my character marries a Lord with a Castle:
- can she garrison units in this castle?
- can she withdraw units from the garrison?
- is the garrison trained as for NPC lords? (ie. can I place 50 recruits and wait till they are upgraded with time?)

I'm playing with autsave so I don't have a chance to test it myself.

nirkoj said:
I've haven't tried a female character extensively. What follows if your husband doesn't support your rebel idea? you can't rebel without his consent or something?

This has never happened to me, so I don't know for sure, but I believe that you'd rebel and he'd stay loyal.  It is possible to end up on opposite sides from your husband: in one game, mine defected to another faction!  (It's also possible to talk him into coming back, which I did.)

Raga said:
If my character marries a Lord with a Castle:
- can she garrison units in this castle?

Yes, and for free!

- can she withdraw units from the garrison?

Yes, absolutely.

- is the garrison trained as for NPC lords? (ie. can I place 50 recruits and wait till they are upgraded with time?)

This one I'm not entirely sure of, but I believe so.  I have a habit of using Swadian militia as cheap garrison units and, in my current game, I kept stuffing my husband's castle/city with them, only to later find very few Swadian militia, and a lot of Swadian footmen.  So I think they were upgrading in there!  It seems to take quite awhile, though, so I wouldn't rely on this method to get fully upgraded troops.

DogSoldieR said:
LOL, hows your current husband now? Is he another Druli like douchebag again?

Nope, current husband's a doll!

JosieJ:

Thank you.

I know how to get a castle for my character, but what about a husband?
I have good relations with some lords, but they only have villages, and the lords with towns and castles are on good terms with a king.
Is there any possibility to help a husband to get first castle if he is not a marshall?

One more thing is there an option to give some troops to a husband?

Maybe try to canvas support for the husband from the other lords. That should work if your rating is high enough with the other lords. But however, I am not sure if it is your ratings taken or your husband's in regard to his relationship with the other lords.

ps. are you using any mods?

I'm playing Native so I have only options:
- Can you support me instead?.
- I support your choice.
- I suport my husband (but I cannot make other lords support the husband)

Raga said:
JosieJ:

Thank you.

I know how to get a castle for my character, but what about a husband?
I have good relations with some lords, but they only have villages, and the lords with towns and castles are on good terms with a king.
Is there any possibility to help a husband to get first castle if he is not a marshall?

One more thing is there an option to give some troops to a husband?

Last question first: yes, you can give troops to your husband.

As for getting him a castle, that's more complicated.  In Native, I think the only way to help him get a castle is to suggest that he siege one, back him up, and hope that the king will award it to him.

I play with the Diplomacy mod (with fief trading), which I highly recommend.  With that, you can take a castle yourself and ask that it be awarded to your husband (although there's still no guarantee the king will agree).  You can even lobby other lords and get them to agree that he should get it.  One guaranteed method, if you have the fief trading feature, is to take a castle yourself and trade it to your husband for a village.

JosieJ said:
As for getting him a castle, that's more complicated.  In Native, I think the only way to help him get a castle is to suggest that he siege one, back him up, and hope that the king will award it to him.

Thats what I can think of so far as well for native, the plan is sound. How is your relationship with your king, Raga? If you are drinking buddies with him (high relationship), he might listen to you more often than not.

DogSoldieR said:
JosieJ said:

Thats what I can think of so far as well for native, the plan is sound. How is your relationship with your king, Raga? If you are drinking buddies with him (high relationship), he might listen to you more often than not.
That's exactly why it's complicated like JosieJ implies. Your relation with the king doesn't matter, but your husband's. Even with the diplomacy mod and a relation of 100(devoted) you won't be able to convince your king to award it to your husband unless there's a good relation between them (and loyal vassals are not exactly quality husband material)

nirkoj said:
Your relation with the king doesn't matter, but your husband's. Even with the diplomacy mod and a relation of 100(devoted) you won't be able to convince your king to award it to your husband unless there's a good relation between them (and loyal vassals are not exactly quality husband material)

Man, that stinks. Now thats a spanner in the works. On this subject of the husband's relationship with the king, is there anything you, as the role of the wife, can do for them?

DogSoldieR said:
nirkoj said:
Your relation with the king doesn't matter, but your husband's. Even with the diplomacy mod and a relation of 100(devoted) you won't be able to convince your king to award it to your husband unless there's a good relation between them (and loyal vassals are not exactly quality husband material)

Man, that stinks. Now thats a spanner in the works. On this subject of the husband's relationship with the king, is there anything you, as the role of the wife, can do for them?

Unfortunately, neither native nor any released mod currently provide a means to improve the relationship between two given lords and/or his liege. At least, not that i know of.

I guess the best shot is to convince the "material for husband" to capture the castle and support him (maybe also convince other lord to follow me).

There should be a dialogue option added for the fief conversation.
- Can you support XXX instead? - XXX is chosen from the list of current Faction (or at least "Can you support my husband instead?")

The one time "I support my husband" is not enough.

DogSoldieR:
My relation with Graveth is around 20-25.

Raga said:
I guess the best shot is to convince the "material for husband" to capture the castle and support him (maybe also convince other lord to follow me).

There should be a dialogue option added for the fief conversation.
- Can you support XXX instead? - XXX is chosen from the list of current Faction (or at least "Can you support my husband instead?")

The one time "I support my husband" is not enough.

DogSoldieR:
My relation with Graveth is around 20-25.

The diplomacy mod already adds that feature, but then again, unless XXX has a high relation with his liege chances are slim.

I would use Diplomacy if I could choose only part of its features (there are some that I really can't stand)

nirkoj said:
DogSoldieR said:
nirkoj said:

Unfortunately, neither native nor any released mod currently provide a means to improve the relationship between two given lords and/or his liege. At least, not that i know of.

The "Resolve Dispute" quest is as close as it gets: you actually can improve the relationship between two lords, or a lord and the liege.  One problem is, the quest is somewhat random: you never know which two lords you're going to get, although if you keep close track of who's rivals with whom, you can guess who you might get.

The other problem is that, since you get that quest from your husband, he will never be one of those lords!  I don't know if you can get the quest from another vassal if you ask if there's anything you can do to advance both your standings in the realm (which is what you'd ask your spouse to get it).  Every time I've asked that question of someone other than my spouse, I've gotten either the "Denounce Lord" quest or the "Intrigue Against Lord" quest.

Back
Top Bottom