SP B Feel the Hit

Users who are viewing this thread

Compatible version

Terco_Viejo

Spanish Gifquisition
Grandmaster Knight
2412_1605462071.jpg

Small tweak that makes hitting with a weapon a satisfying experience, intensifying the feeling of hitting against a solid body. This small tweak is inspired by the brilliant but now obsolete Realistic Weapon Collision .

In "Feel the Hit" mod, on the other hand, there is no spring effect when you hit, but a rewarding recovering of the weapon's control.

One-handed weapons with quick strikes and quick recovering. Two-handed weapons with power blowes and fast recovering control. And heavy weapons with enough mass to deflect the opponent. The spears heads and pikes heads concentrate their piercing power right at the tip, achieving a much more rewarding piercing thrust effect.

Here is a small sample:

Download here
*Works fine with the latest patch updates

I kindly suggest you to check out my other mods/tweaks in case you want to combine them with this one (Thanks in advance):

Hybrid Blocking
Magic Holsters (No more poles stuck to the back 2H swords hip hanging and more)
Nostalgia Camera Tweak

Last edited:
give-me-more-a90a5a8785.jpg

Can you please become a TW dev :lol:
Does this affect damage?
AI doesn't seem to have an improvement on their response/action times, this creates a certain advantage for the player (maybe this could be fixed)

Some MORE ideas: This is not directed critic to you @Terco_Viejo, it's simply want I want to see improved in the game. (maybe I should post it on suggestions but effect would be the same, I'm afraid...
(i know that this is probably not possible, but we can dream. Some this could be added even if simplified):
  • Piercing should not go through like that unless it's a killing blow and maybe a tweak to the speed of recovery is needed, if you wanna get picky the animation should consider proper acceleration and inertia and not a simple 1.5x the animation. Thrusts always look overextended even if you hit the enemy... plenty of people have already talked about this, so let's move to the next.
  • A thing I would like to see is the tweaks you made happening when you hit with the "tip" or with the front section of a weapon;
    • This could deal higher damage;
    • And if it is a killing blow it should go right through and a bigger "rewarding recovering of the weapon's control",
      • This could also take in account armor - lighter armor it goes through and you have a bigger reward; in higher tier armor the system you have now would be applied.
  • When you hit with the middle section you it wouldn't go through
    • you would have little "rewarding recovering of the weapon's control" (because according to physics some energy is transferred to the opponent, other is dispersed in armor, and some kicks the weapon to the opposite way the force was applied)
    • unless it's a killing blow to light armor, in this you apply the behavior you made.
  • When you are really close to the opponent you could have an animation where you hit with the back section of the weapon and deal little or no damage; Or, a deliberate strike with the weapon or the shield (maybe by a key) would deal some more blunt damage.
  • All the ideas above should also be dependent on the weapon type, so that different tweaks and behavior are made accordingly.
  • The amount blood of squirting everywhere all the time should also get some revision, realistic principles should be applied
    • Having it reduced or non existent depending on the type and damage value.
    • You should only see this amount for a heavy strike or killing blow.
    • If possible it could change depending on the opponents armor.
    • Different types of squirting for different types of damage.
  • The addition of stuns depending on the nature of the strike, weapon, damage, armor and player skill/perks would also be a cool feature.
    • Again, Kingdom Come Deliverance has this; could serve as reference.

[gold stuff]
Lol, let me tell you something.

First, thanks for giving this little tweak a chance. Second, everything you say about KCD would be ideal for Bannerlord (imo); the bare skin, fabric, padding, reinforced leather, lamellar, chain mail, plate armour would have different collision simulations.

All these tweak releases that I have recently made (colliders, holsters, hybrid animations, camera views, troops...etc) are small adjustments that significantly improve MY playable experience and that I altruistically make available to the community.

I don't intend to become a modder, far from it :lol:.

As for "Feel the Hit", everything you say; in my opinion and how I understand this kind of games is what would fit Bannerlord like a glove. The mod Realistic Weapon Collision set a precedent in terms of collisions and how they affected different materials in a simulated way. I in particular didn't like that rebound effect of the weapon and I willingly let its creator know. However, "Agent.IsCharging" was removed from the code line and the mod could no longer be improved.

We are still in nappies and have to get a correct understanding of which parameter does what, especially colliders and IKs and then through code be able to know to what extent they can be modified.

I've commented about it before and I always advocate a union between Realistic Weapon Collision and Xorberax's Cut Through Everyone. In my opinion, I feel much more satisfied with a strike that simulates a collision against a solid material/body/surface than a strike that "cuts the air".

Someone might think that something like this would not favour "the reading of combat flow"; well I disagree. We have IK, colliders that simulate shield-arrow strikes and how these affect recoil; my question is why not with weapon strikes? It's funny because with a punch, a kick or a shielbash you feel that the strike hits something dense... why not with a weapon?

All that is what I would like to happen; however, once again I have to resort to small "bandaids modifications" to enrich my playable experience ? .

Imagine the response and control that M&B offers and add the physics of ex anima or Hellish Quart. Imagine a stabbing like this in Bannerlord :fruity: :

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom