Feedback Regarding Armor/Weapon Realism

Users who are viewing this thread

A "chop" isn't really a meaningful form of damage. I suppose it assumes some bludgeoning as well as cutting damage, which would be satisfied by a hybrid damage-type model, but it's perhaps more useful to look at cutting damage in the forms of slicing, hewing, and so on. But here, for the purposes of the game, I think we're getting into complexity that is less useful than using hybrid damage models. Basically, a hewing cut and a slicing or chopping cut would be measured out in game terms no better than if the weapon in question had its damage represented through hybrid types.

Also, the different damage types for this game system matter mostly for determing protection offered from the target's armour. If we had wound types, it might make more a difference whether the target was hit with a hewing attack or a slicing attack.

So...what you are saying...is that the blunt object has to have kinetic energy applied to it...or in other words that simply presenting a blunt weapon to an armoured foe and just holding it there in front of him alone is not enough to damage him? :smile:

I think the distinction you're trying to draw is something the rest of us just thought was safe to presume. Of course the blunt weapon must make an impact in order to factor in against armour.
I already answered this to you, in nearly exactly the same situation :
you completely ignored the arguments just to pretend they weren't there. Stop projecting and start reading. And maybe understanding what you read, but that's perhaps asking too much.
Seems that yeah, it's asking too much.

Back
Top Bottom