SP - Player, NPCs & Troops [Feedback] Losing same relationship when executing nobles at war makes no sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Kuu

Recruit
All the empire is at war with the Hidden Hand clan, northern sourthern western empire. I decided to execute them because i thought nobody (except people using their services) would miss them, and since everyone is at war with them, maybe i should even gain relationship from this even if its a despicable act? or maybe negate the loss?
So why do i lose 10 relationship with everyone when i execute the mafiosos despite everyone being at war with them?????
Why do i get the same relationship loss when i am inside a clan that is at war with them?
And why does the same thing happen with clans that have nothing to do with it like the Aserai's clans???? plus if there is a -50 or 60 relationship change with the hidden hand when you kill one of their members, why would all the other factions take it the same way, there is not only no indiference there is also no balancing of how much relationship you lose outside of where the npc belongs to.

This situation makes no sense to me, all factions seem to be equally indiferent to the npc's death and more magically on the same page about the act being atrocious despite being of different cultures factions and having a lore in the game were there is a lot of cloak and dagger backstabing.
I personally would suggest the system checks multiple things and adds or substracts to the relationship penalty going by the next factors.

1- By war situation. That being inside a clan/faction which is at war with the enemy, then executing them should have a reduced penalty with the main character's clan and faction, as well as a minor deduction to others since war is understandable....
For example, If i work for Lucon, and execute another imperial faction that i am at war with, say Garios's son. Lucon does not lose relationship with me because of the war (except maybe by the second point below), and Raghea who is also at war with my faction would also lose 10 points, but the 10 points loss would be reduced for clans not at war with my faction (since they wouldn't be certain if it was warranted or not and the war situation might excuse it in their eyes).

2- By the npcs traits. That the penalty deduction for loss of relationship be by clan and not faction, depending on either the clan leader's traits or the average of all the clan's traits. So a cruel clan leader cares less or not at all unless the enemy was an ally or friend.

3- By the npcs relationships. That the relationship loss is higher if the clan had good relationships with the executed. And probably even win relationship points if you execute someone who has negative points with someone, IE: if I kill Caladbolg and another clan had -50 relationship with Caladbolg, i should gain relationship with the clan that hated him. Or if someone had +60 relationship with him i should lose more relationship.

I know that the game is at early access and with the quarantine leaving early access might take a lot of time, but the current situation changing by release would be preferable to the system remaining as is, it feels shallow and unrealistic right now.

And lastly this is a game, I am not saying there should be no penalty for executing someone in the game, its as civilized as game of thrones (lol joking), but the penalty shouldn't be equal to every faction and clan.

Last edited:
I do agree on some parts like bitter enemies of that lord gaining relation or just not losing relation at all with them, but one of the perks of being noble is having a less chance of being killed as a pow, also i want to see the chance of you as a player being exexuted by rival lords.

yeah, i agree. my game, hidden hand kept taking out my caravans and companions. i hunted them down and killed them all. got like -60 reputation with everybody. but when i started chasing the next on the list , the eltheroi, it made them make peace. i was chasing one of their lord's parties, he ran into the city where our leader was ( i was a vassal of southern at the time). when he came back out he wasnt red to me, and when i caught him, he said the was no quarrel between us.

Back
Top Bottom