Feature Requests

Users who are viewing this thread

I've never had them just roll over infantry like that, given enough Companions and army buffs, but then again, they're harder now, if anything.

Luckily, this is about to get a lot easier, for players who don't like to micro; one of the very final things in the build is the new formation tools, which I'm in the process of writing now.

Epicrules said:
I don't have that issue with Condottieres... When you have a big wall of Grenadiers everything seems to just drop dead infront of you, I guess.

grenadiers and cannons are easy winners, try winning with a more conventional army group.

right now the difficulty (enemy army size etc.) is just based on difficulty and player level, i propose to make it dependant to player's income too as one can just buy an enterprise, wait for money to buy the next one etc. until you own all the map and start assembling your army. this way you got the money of endgame facing the enemies of early

There's nothing wrong with that; you gain levels so quickly that it's not a big deal, and until you've gained a lot of levels, you can't take on Lord armies and hope to win.

LittleJP said:
You could turn your sound down..or up.

then why my cavalry charge i'll go deaf......

Epicrules said:
nilloc93 said:
could we have musket/cannon sounds louder? just for feel.

My entire force is Grenadiers and cannoneers. I don't want to go deaf. Cavalry charges and battle cries are loud enough, and that combined with guns getting louder... No just no

i'm not talking about mega loud, just like MM levels or something

EpicStax said:
could you make a custom faction plz? :smile:

I believe he's trying to ask for a custom player troop tree we could set the faction castle's "culture" to if we own it so we would never get negative morale for fighting a faction with it's own troops.

I like this idea, but I imagine that the troop tree would have to be generic in a fashion and I can't see how to do that.
In Native Swadians have always seemed like the generic simple faction and in blood and steel this continues.

What troops would a generic faction have?
I imagine it would be a bowman line, a crossbowmen line, a spearman line and a heavy cavalry line.
What would everyone else imagine this would be or do Mercenarys fill this niche?

Mercenaries are more-or-less supposed to fill gaps and provide, for lack of a better way of putting it, special-ness. 

If people feel like there's something that would be useful that doesn't fit the Faction themes, suggesting a new type of Merc is a good way to go about this.  I don't really want to add new Faction troops to the existing Factions, as they're all more-or-less balanced vs. each other at this point, and have strong themes.

i was just thinking it would be awsome if when you upgraded a fief(such as a village) you could go into the village and accually see the upgrades (manor especially).

Epicrules said:
WELL in that case: Requesting non-bandit light cavalry... I'm thinking fast horses, padded leather armor, and some sort of saber with a decent 1h wpf.

I usually roll with the swadians, and I find that sometimes I want fast, light horsemen as opposed to heavily armoured knights. Have you considered throwing in a hussar troop or something similiar? Or possibly adding an upgrade path to horsemen? Because sometimes light, fast horses that harass your enemy are good, but I don't want to be bugged by the constant "troops are ready to upgrade" and such. There's always manhunters, but they're kinda hard to acquire.

can you add a way to decrease the overall amount of troops the lord, garrisons,undead, etc have as you go i dont mind the bandit sizes but as it is now i dont have an hour and a half to put into taking a castle or town.

Hallegra said:
Epicrules said:
WELL in that case: Requesting non-bandit light cavalry... I'm thinking fast horses, padded leather armor, and some sort of saber with a decent 1h wpf.

I usually roll with the swadians, and I find that sometimes I want fast, light horsemen as opposed to heavily armoured knights. Have you considered throwing in a hussar troop or something similiar? Or possibly adding an upgrade path to horsemen? Because sometimes light, fast horses that harass your enemy are good, but I don't want to be bugged by the constant "troops are ready to upgrade" and such. There's always manhunters, but they're kinda hard to acquire.
I use missile cavalry for my light cavalry needs. You can order them to hold fire, effectively making them a lighter melee cavalry.

I'm sure this has been addressed over and over and I'm sorry to  bother you about this minor inconvenience but the bullet drop rate seems a bit too high for my liking. Correct me if I'm wrong as I know ****all about early firearms but shouldn't the drop rate for the bullet be a bit lower? Right now it's basically a crossbow with a new skin.

Also, army AI. When joining an ally into battle I find that both my ally and the enemy find a defensive spot and hold ground. The player can't lure the enemy out by small cavalry harassment, and as you've stated, blindly charging in just gets you killed. Especially when some 75% of your force consists of allied units you can't control.
Both armies charge after the player gets killed, so as it is now I've been harassing the enemy together with my cavalry in the hopes of chipping off a few high-end units before I go down. The rest is up to my army, meaning tactics, as well as any other player intervention, gets effectively stomped out. Not fun.

And about tactics, have you considered (I'm sure you have and that there's a perfectly fine reason as to why it isn't implemented) allowing the player and the AI to form ranks? I dislike having my troops either form a line that spans from one end to the map to the other (slightly exaggerated). This means it'll take ages to maneuver troops to where they're needed. Right now the only alternative to that AFAIK would be ordering the troops to move closer and form a big blob of flesh; a dream come true for enemy archers.

Cheers,

Back
Top Bottom