Favorite weapons on horseback?

Users who are viewing this thread

POLEARM! Stab at the head, stab at the head, stab at the head... I used to use a one hander in Warband, but find the overhand stab of the polearm much more effective in this game.

I have been using a spear or couch lance, but after I found that the 2h axe can cleave through then I've been using axe ever since lol. Maybe other 2h can do this as well I just don't know yet but 2h axe just feels so good when cleaving though enemies.

Voulge has been lovely, when I get a real good charge and actually hit I've seen 300ish before (I'm sure it was a peasant or somfing) got it off a drop on the loot screen.

I have an executioner's axe and a rhomphalia and both are great. I also have a one handed sword with 110ish reach that's effective for when I want a shield. I haven't found the heavy executioner's axe, so I want to look out for that. I bought a long glaive but haven't tried it yet, on paper it looks worse than the rhomphalia. There are several other weapons mentioned in this thread that I haven't tried so I will try to find them.

Just a really long fine steel spear. Love the feeling of going in first person and aiming that sucker right into the face of some other rider or spearman with just slightly less reach.

I need to try out the glaive. It sounds fun.

From what I've played with so far I am rather liking the falx from horseback. There's something deeply entertaining about pulling out a giant sickle and chopping off heads as I ride around. It is also absolutely brutal at dealing with other cavalry.

Long Spears that can "Crouch" on the horse, and javelins.
Watching a dude take a javelin in the chest while getting charged at full speed right before it hits, it very satisfying to watch, and hear..
over 400 damage doing this.
I also love flanking with a long spear in a crouch, and impale some heads. 200-800 damage. it changes.
Shields are a ***** to deal with tho.
I'm not understanding why a 400 damage jav or an 800 damage charge is not breaking shields or killing them outright.
Is anyone else having that issue? where you hit a huge alpha strike and it just lightly bounces off their shield without breaking? They take no damage to their person.. they should be dead realistically speaking

I liked lances until I found a glaive. Highest hit so far was 290. It is also quite a funny animation, when you sweep a looter from his feet.

You guys just made a huge mistake. You should have gone to the Khuzait lands and bought a Long Glaive. Yuuuuuge mistake.

But yeah, my favorite activity is actually speeding along on a fast horse and impaling people on a lance or spear. Especially enemy cavalry with the upper thrust animation.

The long glaive is good.
A few updates ago it could even be used as a couched lance (unfortunately, not any more).

I currently switch between the long glaive or a lance (Vlandian or Mamluke... not too bothered as the couched lance strike does so much damage it does not seam to matter much which lance it is). Bow is still the primary, no shield for extra arrows.

I find the long glaive better if you find your self on foot (e.g. Bandit Hideouts)... I also broke down a castle door with the glaive after the troops abandoned the battering ram.

Back
Top Bottom