Favorite Bannerlord Gameplay Videos

Users who are viewing this thread

I don't think I saw it in the forum rules, but if linking to video hosting providers is against the rules, please lock this topic immediately.

In order to make it through the Bannerlord information dearth next week, I thought it would be cool for us to post our favorite Bannerlord videos.  And if you like, give a brief explanation what you like about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0cBJjpm5QM

This video features a few Custom Battles similar to the footage from E3.  The one I enjoy the most is the forest battle in the middle.  For some reason, this battle just really shouts Mount and Blade to me.  The organization at the beginning which descends into chaos at the end...  I also like how the AI puts archers on the hill (but still loses).  And I find it funny how the player was winning about 10 to 1 near the end, but then orders his infantry to charge against the enemy's cavalry.  This was not a good plan.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing what everyone else comes up with.

-mat

Why do I torture myself like this....

Anyway, it would be this one, even though it's not exactly gameplay:

Love how the modding tools are looking, and that's my primary concern and source of hype for the game pretty much.

Z0mbiN3 said:

Love how the modding tools are looking, and that's my primary concern and source of hype for the game pretty much.

Ffs I remember when this blog came out.  I thought it ment that development would progress quicker and more efficiently.... 3 years later and still **** all  :facepalm:

Z0mbiN3 said:

The modding tools improved greatly after that video.
We added lots of custom editors for particles, cloths, skeletons, meshes, materials etc, we also increased usability with resource browser, previewed search boxes etc, also we overhauled the UI for better user experience.
It was more of a spreadsheet editor with a visual feedback than a proper game engine editor before. We are very excited for the experiences modders will create with these kinds of tools.

gkx said:
Z0mbiN3 said:

We added lots of custom editors for particles, cloths, skeletons, meshes, materials etc, we also increased usability with resource browser, previewed search boxes etc, also we overhauled the UI for better user experience.
It was more of a spreadsheet editor with a visual feedback than a proper game engine editor before. We are very excited for the experiences modders will create with these kinds of tools.

How easy are the tools to learn? Will you be publishing manuals for them?

gkx said:
gkx,

Thanks for your post!  I'm very glad to hear the team is improving the editor along with the game.  Hopefully the preview feature is powerful.  I don't even want to think of how many times I built the module system and then launched the game just to see how some tweak affected things.  (particle system in particular (eww, bad word choice))  Hopefully the scene editor is more stable as well for mid to large sized scenes.  And nav-mesh improvements... adding the nav-mesh was probably the part of scening I dreaded most.

Still I'm absolutely looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with in the base game... and then hopefully modding like crazy.  C# and xml (I think) should be awesome.  Plus the sweet editor.

Happy New Year!
-mat

P.S. - Thanks to the others for sharing their videos.  Prompted some dev input, which rocks!

gkx said:
Z0mbiN3 said:

That's great to hear, thanks for the update! :mrgreen:

I wonder if you will offer a Campaign map editor though? Modding blog was the best one IMHO, but it wasn't really clear if you will provide such tool.

gkx said:
Z0mbiN3 said:

Woah, that's absolutely nice to hear! I barely can wait for what is coming, not only the game itself, but specially the modding scene that will emerge over it. It literally looks much better than Skyrim's modding tools, my deep gratitude and thanks for all the effort put into them.

One technical question in particular, if you can answer: I've often been bothered on how badly large scenes did in Warband. They were incredibly laggy if they were detailed, and they weren't even that big. Has this been somewhat changed in Bannerlord? Can we expect larger scenes to behave better, as in, the engine not rendering what it does not need to, etc.? Any approximations will be most welcome!

Thanks a lot again.

I actually compiled a list of every gameplay i could find (excluding stuff like that engine video although i may add it) however my favorite video WHICH I CANT FIND is one where its a desert battle between two mountains. The guy is a horse archer and i believe aserai vs vlandia maybe and sergeant mode... I know there was maybe a few other sergeant mode gameplays that took place in the desert with a horse archer, but this particular one was my favorite, and i am sad that i cant find it.

It was a huge battle and i believe the player died somewhere toward the end. If anyone can find it thatd be great!

p.s- it wont let me post a link to my playlist i mentioned but if anyone is curious i can pm it to you or something

vicwiz007 said:
I actually compiled a list of every gameplay i could find (excluding stuff like that engine video although i may add it) however my favorite video WHICH I CANT FIND is one where its a desert battle between two mountains. The guy is a horse archer and i believe aserai vs vlandia maybe and sergeant mode... I know there was maybe a few other sergeant mode gameplays that took place in the desert with a horse archer, but this particular one was my favorite, and i am sad that i cant find it.

It was a huge battle and i believe the player died somewhere toward the end. If anyone can find it thatd be great!

p.s- it wont let me post a link to my playlist i mentioned but if anyone is curious i can pm it to you or something

Check out the last quarter of the video I linked in the OP.  I think that might be the battle you are referring to.

https://youtu.be/9kcwGFWTxpc I'm particularly fond of this video, simply because it has a commentary by two people who don't work for Taleworlds, so it's a bit more objective.  Also, you can see quite a bit of what's available to the Battanians in Captain mode.

gkx said:

What about people who wanna change balance/add new units/new characters/change stats/dialogue/quests. What kind of mod tools are available for them?

Hi all,
I will try to answer some of the questions asked in topic.

• The mid/large scene editing performance is in good state but for very large scenes with a very high resolution terrain nodes you will need a bit of RAM for editing.
  • The navigation mesh tools are improved exceptionally during the development because our artists uses same tools we will provide to the modders, so we added lots of time saving features based on their feedback.
  • Tools are easy to use, if you used any game engine or related programs, you will find your way easily but we will provide a documentation site for reference.
  • For campaign map, i can't tell anything right now but we will update you in the future.

Happy new year to all.

gkx said:
Hi all,

• The mid/large scene editing performance is in good state but for very large scenes with a very high resolution terrain nodes you will need a bit of RAM for editing.
  • The navigation mesh tools are improved exceptionally during the development because our artists uses same tools we will provide to the modders, so we added lots of time saving features based on their feedback.
  • Tools are easy to use, if you used any game engine or related programs, you will find your way easily but we will provide a documentation site for reference.
  • For campaign map, i can't tell anything right now but we will update you in the future.

Happy new year to all.

Happy New Year & thanks for your feedback.  :grin:

Happy New Year!  I just have a question about modding.  Will I be able to link a texture type to a function?  I would like my first mod to be a siege sapping/tunneling function and to maintain a bit of realism, I would like to make sure that sapping points don't spawn where there is a stone texture.  Will I be able to add a modifier to a texture to do this?  Will I be able to add a conditional to a siege placement slot to detect the texture within a radius?  Thanks for your hard work and I can't wait till the modding manual is released.

gkx said:
Hi all,

Happy new year to all.

OHH MIGHT DEVELOPER thank you for responding to the lads

Back
Top Bottom