Fast Map Travel - The Key to Happiness

Users who are viewing this thread

Pathetic little bastards, have to use ctrl-T to play a simple single-player game. You people might as well edit in 500 million thalers and god mode.

Caba`drin said:
hrodn88 said:
You can't imagine how badly I missed this feature!!! Ctrl + Space and Ctrl + T are AWESOME!! Why is this NOT in the manual for EITHER Warband or F&S???

'cause the manuals are terrible and don't include half of what goes on in game? (For instance, you may have noted that the WFaS manual describes battle as if it were original M&B, while it functions like Warband.) Oh, and because CTRL-T is a cheat and most game manuals don't explicitly publish their cheats?

Yeah the manual for F&S is atrocious. I used my Warband manual.

I'm a little confused,

Why is Ctrl+T cheating? All I noticed it does is gradually increases the game time, instead of turbo time like Ctrl + Space.

What is Ctrl+Clicking? What does it do, since people are calling it a cheat. Thanks.

...wow. 

And I've been at it since the 0.4xx days, and if I did know this, I forgot it.  Dear god is it going to make those caravan runs from Sich to Vyborg a lot less boring.

EDIT:  I really don't even consider Ctrl+T cheating, since the AI isn't affected by the Fog of War - which in a related thing, is why I wish the "Fog" weather stuff could be disabled too, since both sides will shoot to their hearts content, and only you get adversely effected.

Yeah I just found out about it a couple of days ago. Although doing this has ran me into a massive hostile invasion army on a few occasions.

I use this all the time, but its pretty dangerous early on.  I still can't help myself though, and I'm constantly running into large groups of bandits.  I think it'd be a nice feature if it auto-paused whenever you came within a certain distance of hostiles.  The distance could depend on your party's spotting skill.  Any thoughts?

For me it'll be more a case for using when I have over 50 mercs and companions, and am running a caravan, since nothing attacks me then anyways (And I pretty much just browse the net while waiting - or did)

dulahan said:
...wow. 

And I've been at it since the 0.4xx days, and if I did know this, I forgot it.  Dear god is it going to make those caravan runs from Sich to Vyborg a lot less boring.

EDIT:  I really don't even consider Ctrl+T cheating, since the AI isn't affected by the Fog of War - which in a related thing, is why I wish the "Fog" weather stuff could be disabled too, since both sides will shoot to their hearts content, and only you get adversely effected.

For your info: ctrl+t also gives you money and levels your character or troops.

I believe its actually control+X that gives you money and XP...but ctrl+T is absolutely cheating.

This function was there since at least 0.960.
I know it cause I am a Chinese and I switch between different windows language input methods very often, whose hot keys is exactly this combination(Ctrl + space). This fast time passing method caused me many trouble, both in-game(caught by enemy) and out-game(switched language input method).

WilliamBerne said:
This function was there since at least 0.960.
I know it cause I am a Chinese and I switch between different windows language input methods very often, whose hot keys is exactly this combination(Ctrl + space). This fast time passing method caused me many trouble, both in-game(caught by enemy) and out-game(switched language input method).
Really? In my vanilla M&B "Enhanced" version 1.011, CTRL-Space does not work while moving.

Ah, you mean while moving. Sorry I didn't read the post very carefully.
Then this leads to another problem:
It didn't work cause Space key will stop you from moving. But now it works, can space still stop player moving?

i use all the cheats now although im going to stop using the money cheat since apparently you can get millions of rubles by using the velvet expliot.  at this point in the game with the bugs and balance issues and goofy AI im just exploring what everything does in the game.  once it gets more stable ill play a normal non cheating game.  im going to have to make a new game anyways for major patches so there really is no point in getting heavily invested in a 1000 day campaign.  to be honest until mods start adding things back in that were missing from warband this game doesnt have the same playability as warband.  i love the gun combat but not being able to have your own kingdom really really sucks.

technically its impossible not to cheat at this point even if i wanted to cause of the bouncing retreating guys when im defending the wagon fort.  it takes forever for my guys to kill them so its just easier to hit control+f4 a couple of times.  :smile:

WilliamBerne said:
Ah, you mean while moving. Sorry I didn't read the post very carefully.
Then this leads to another problem:
It didn't work cause Space key will stop you from moving. But now it works, can space still stop player moving?
In Warband (and thus WFaS), both work. If you press CTRL and then add Space, time speeds up. And if you let go of Space before you let go of CTRL, time slows back down. If you let go of CTRL before Space, then your party stops short and the game enters pause.

If you press/hold Space without CTRL while moving, your party stops and the game enters pause. You can hit CTRL-Space then (as in original M&B) to make time go fast while standing still.

samipso said:
meh ctrl clicking is cheating.
I sometimes use it to avoid certain doom tho. Game has to stay fun to play.
Indeed, whit a character i just made, i got caught by a group of bandits but they took my horse so if i could escape, they were always faster (tatars) And when they finally died(with still starting gear at level 1 without horse) i found myself surrounded by 2 new groups of tatars and 1 band of deserters. At times like that u really love ctrl+click

samipso said:
dulahan said:
...wow. 

For your info: ctrl+t also gives you money and levels your character or troops.
Nope, leveling and money is ctrl+x. and to all those people who say ctrl+t isnt cheating, why do you think the spotting skill exists?

Back
Top Bottom