Farcry: Primal: Hairy Men Fighting Hairy Beasts, a Hairy Situation

Users who are viewing this thread

Ubisoft is live-streaming a vague, sort of creepy loop of what is presumably a new franchise. It consists of ominous music and muttering and animated early-Man cave paintings of violent scenes and panicked incomprehensible shouts.

If this turns out to be some kind of caveman Farcry-ish or survival game, it could be interesting. Especially when you consider 90% of survival games are made by indie companies that lack Ubisoft's considerable resources.

But also, it's Ubisoft, so it'll probably be a decent game ruined by bugs and asinine features.

If this turns out to be some kind of caveman Farcry-ish or survival game, it could be interesting. Especially when you consider 90% of survival games are made by indie companies that lack Ubisoft's considerable resources.

But also, it's Ubisoft, so it'll probably be a decent game ruined by bugs and asinine features.

Ubisoft only uses its considerable resources to make shinier graphics and market their games which have been setting the new standard for generic, mass market console games. Surprisingly they usually aren't too bad for bugs, aside from unity which was rushed and unfinished.

If its a survival game it won't be any deeper than any of the indie ones, probably less so than the better ones. It will be shinier though and actually have a release. It might be a game about pre-history humans, but that will just end up being a gross butcher of history and an insult to humanity (war didn't exist before agriculture was developed, and humans rarely killed each other). Most likely its some sort of crazy side expansion like Blood Dragon.

Regardless, it's another Ubisoft title. Who gives a ****? They still aren't a company worth giving a cent to.

Seems a bit weird that after making a series of decent shooters, they'd move in to a setting in which the game has to have a big focus on melee combat.

Well, this is kinda interesting. Hopefully they'll add a half decent melee system, though I'm preparing for 1st person assassin's creed sort of easy and flashy approach. It would also be refreshing to have a map that unlocks as you explore the world. The AssCreed approach had long outstayed its welcome by FC4.

I like this direction. Didn't bother with 4 because it didn't seem different enough from 3 to bother, but this seems interesting.

I'm a bit fuzzy on this stuff, could we have inter-hominid-species conflict? Maybe homo-sapiens will be the bad-guys :grin:.

Oh heavens, I didn't consider that possibility. There better be hobbits and Neanderthals. The final mission could have you bludgeoning that supposed last family of Neanderthals to death in that cave in Gibraltar because they ate your dog or some ****.

And then you get frozen in an iceberg and it turns out you're Vaas because it's the hip thing to do nowadays to make you play as the villain before he became the villain.

http://www.pcgamer.com/far-cry-primal-officially-unveiled-coming-in-early-2016/

Actual trailer and stuff. Looks like a Far Cry 4 re-skin if I'm completely honest. I'm pretty sure the animation when the Sabretooth attacks is just a reused one.

Arcadius said:
http://www.pcgamer.com/far-cry-primal-officially-unveiled-coming-in-early-2016/

Actual trailer and stuff. Looks like a Far Cry 4 re-skin if I'm completely honest. I'm pretty sure the animation when the Sabretooth attacks is just a reused one.
Hmm. Reminds me somewhat of that Horizon: Zero Dawn PS4 game.

"Its all about fighting another tribe that is trying to take your stuff"

Oh **** off. This is the best setting for having a game where you don't just murder hundreds of people (because that would pretty much depopulate your immediate region) who really have no reason at all to sacrifice (let alone risk) their lives in more than the rare feud or something but nooo you can't make a game for the plebian console masses without murdering tonnes of suicidal "bad guys".

I'm no pleb. :sad:
Granted i'm using a gaming rig now, but I do have an Xbox-360, so i'm gonna feel like I took a kick in the feels anyway.  :iamamoron:

Back
Top Bottom