FAQ's are out of date - plus another question

Users who are viewing this thread

gomorragh

Recruit
Hi there, as someone new to the game, i would like to mention that the faqs that are in the faq section are now getting out of date, if at least because a lot of them are for much older versions that dont even look like the same game anymore, references to non existent taverns and towns for 1.

Also i have been wondering why the ability for the heroes you have to have thier own inventory has been taken out, it would help a lot if they still had this (or am i being totally dense in not being able to find out how to get into thier inventories) i want them to carry my horses for petes sake :razz:

Sorry, I'm a bit late =P

You can equip heroes with things.
You can give them one horse if their Horse Riding skill is high enough.

If you would like to create a new FAQ please do.
If done correctly it will probably be stikied if done correctly.

El Georgeo McFudge said:
Sorry, I'm a bit late =P

he's not talking about just equipping your heroes with armor and whatnot, in .808 they had a full inventory just like the player character does. Don't know why they took it out, but yeah, that's gone. You can still give them weapons, armor, and a horse, but nothing extra.

matt b said:
El Georgeo McFudge said:
Sorry, I'm a bit late =P

he's not talking about just equipping your heroes with armor and whatnot, in .808 they had a full inventory just like the player character does. Don't know why they took it out, but yeah, that's gone. You can still give them weapons, armor, and a horse, but nothing extra.

I think the functionality is still there, as mods such as Band of Warriors(?) have special npc inventory and they can still get inventory skills. So hopefully its back for the full game/next release as well as castle defending! :smile:

I suspect that one of the reasons that the FAQs have not been updated recently is the, fairly, accurate release date for the full version as well as the suspicions (as mentioned by Slyer) that some features will probably be returning quite soon.  Hard to be motivated to sit down and write a FAQ for something that is clearly an intermediate version where a lot of things have been pulled just to, most likely, be put back in.

I don't presume to speak for others, but these things certainly crossed my mind after feeling an urge to update some FAQs to help other people out of the outdated FAQ morass that bugged me when I started. :razz:

matt b said:
El Georgeo McFudge said:
Sorry, I'm a bit late =P

Probably because they didn't know which item you wanted them to use and which one just to carry.

El Georgeo McFudge said:
matt b said:
El Georgeo McFudge said:
Sorry, I'm a bit late =P

Probably because they didn't know which item you wanted them to use and which one just to carry.

no, i would guess they had an inventory plus equipped items, just like the player does, there are many games out there that hve this feature, ok occasionally they do dip into the backpack inventories for things like health packs potions etc but they always know what they are equipped with. The point i am on about though is because i am now walking about with over 15 horses so i can keep a reasonable speed up while trading, i can hardly trade anything, and it also doesnt seem that the inventory boosting skill can be used successfully on an npc, so you end up raising thosew skills too on your main character.

As for updating a faq, well i wouldnt really know where to start lol, and trade prices and such seem to rise and fall all over the place and dont exactly seem to stick to thier supposed "sales" places that were mentioned in the faqs

gomorragh said:
El Georgeo McFudge said:
matt b said:
El Georgeo McFudge said:
Sorry, I'm a bit late =P

no, i would guess they had an inventory plus equipped items, just like the player does, there are many games out there that hve this feature, ok occasionally they do dip into the backpack inventories for things like health packs potions etc but they always know what they are equipped with. The point i am on about though is because i am now walking about with over 15 horses so i can keep a reasonable speed up while trading, i can hardly trade anything, and it also doesnt seem that the inventory boosting skill can be used successfully on an npc, so you end up raising thosew skills too on your main character.

As for updating a faq, well i wouldnt really know where to start lol, and trade prices and such seem to rise and fall all over the place and dont exactly seem to stick to thier supposed "sales" places that were mentioned in the faqs

15 extra horses??? Those horses are slowing you down. What maters most is what kind of troops you have; with an all horseback army (kherigt + heroes) and ~4 path finding I was hitting 6.8-7 in speed on the map with 1-2 extra horses. I'd slow down to ~6.2 when fully loaded after raiding a village / caravan.

Also I've been playing the band of warriors mod a lot today, and it has a very cool customizable npc interface, and not just the heroes but the "rangers" as well.

If they are not going to give us access to the NPC's inventory list they might as well zero out the points they are putting in there.

Also I'd love (esp for early in game) to be able to buy "pack mules" that would add slots to your inventory as long as they are in your party.

Sounds to me like you're so slow because morale, not horses. Dumb at least 10 of those horses, they're wasting inventory space. You say you're doing a lot of trading. lemme clue you in: trading does not raise morale. This leads to a bored army which will... WALK SLOWLY OMG! Go kill some bandits or lords, or garrison w/e forces you have and continue trading with just your companions.

funny enough thing is, the horses keep my speed up over 6 even with a full walking army, the more mounted troops i get, the faster it gets to up over 8 when they all become mounted, so where you say more horses doesnt make things faster is wrong, plus have a look through a few of the trade tutorials, it does actually say that for each 4 trade items you need a horse to keep your speed up, this is actually working out true.

my morale is about 70+ most of the time, only reason it goes lower is because of running out of food, and that only lasts till the next time i hit a village to get more, the fact is i cannot be bothered joining a faction just yet so trade is the faster way to gain money, so that when i do actually join a faction i can then buy upgrades to the village etc, i am doing the legwork first before joining

In this thread:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,33929.0.html
there are some test results on how weight and horses affect party speed. Extra horses don't help you move if you're not carrying anything in your inventory.

well since i do a lot of trading and carrying round of daft amounts of stuff, then all the extra horses are helping a lot since i rarely get below 6.8 speed even when my packs are full, and thats after getting another horse when killing off mountain bandits, i had 1 space free, nobody levelled up to become a horseman from a footman, all i took was the horse and my speed went up 0.1 (the extra slot had been caused by me finishing off the last of 1 pile of food, had just bought a spare pile to cover it when it ran out)

There was a thread around somewhere... don't recall where, that basically concluded that the optimal # of horses for max speed was 9.  Any more and you get no benefit from anything over 9.  That info may of course be outdated.  Morale, force composition, etc. also affect your movement.

gomorragh said:
well since i do a lot of trading and carrying round of daft amounts of stuff, then all the extra horses are helping a lot since i rarely get below 6.8 speed even when my packs are full, and thats after getting another horse when killing off mountain bandits, i had 1 space free, nobody levelled up to become a horseman from a footman, all i took was the horse and my speed went up 0.1 (the extra slot had been caused by me finishing off the last of 1 pile of food, had just bought a spare pile to cover it when it ran out)

Moral helps your party speed. Also path finding makes a huge difference. With 10 path finding and a mix of horses and foot soldiers (edited file for testing) I was getting over 8 speed on the map.

Back
Top Bottom