FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

killop5

Sergeant Knight
Below are some of the things you may have trouble with when playing the Chaos War Mod.

(Q) How do I install the mod?
(A) Simply extract the mod out into the Module folder in your mount and Blade Directory. This can be located in C:\Program Files\Mount&Blade\Modules or if your a steam user in C:\Steam\Steamapps??\Mount&Blade\Modules

(Q) Why can't I kill the masked one?
(A) In the current version, it is imposible to kill the masked one without cheating. This will be changed when the quest is made. Just wait.

(Q) I got a quest from a man, but I can't find the town I have to go to.
(A) This might be fixed in the current version, but if its not, it is simply the wrong town name and will be changed in the future versions.

(Q) I can't win the last quick battle
(A) Without large ammounts of skill and luck, you wont be able to. The resons for this will become apparant in later versions of the Mod.

(Q)Why do I start above level 1?
(A) This is a bug we currently haven't fixed.

(Q)How do I play as a companion??
(A) Before you enter battle, you will see options.

-Change Commander
-Charge the enemy
-Order your troops to attack without you.
-Leave/Surrender

Select "Change Commander."

(Q)How do I call in reinforcements?
(A) Press U on your keyboard in battle. Reinforcements will arrive.

(Q)I get unable to load texture ... when I try and play
(A) http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JBANT6T0 download this and put it in your mod folder

(Q)The mod takes AGES to download
(A) Try our secondary donwload link here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,82812.0.html

(Q) I can find a 'twin' of myself in the Unknown Area!
(A) Yes, this is a known bug we currently have no idea how to fix

Ok. I have darkness and asked him to tell me his story but he says nothing of blaze. How do you get him to talk about it? I really want blaze.  :grin:

TIDM2 said:
Ok. I have darkness and asked him to tell me his story but he says nothing of blaze. How do you get him to talk about it? I really want blaze.  :grin:

He is blaze... NOTE:grin:arkness wields a katana too.

Maybe I shoulda added "The Dark Nightmare Part 2" before release.

You SHOULD be able to execute lords. Not tested yet, but try taking a castle and dropping the lord in the prison. Try speaking with him... maybe the dialog will pop up.

Sieges WILL be improved massively in future by making a NEW siege scene where calvary is also enabled. Coming soon....

killop5 said:
Did you get version 1.011 and drop it into the module folder?
yeah im using 1.011 and im using winzip for all of my mod's and so far this is the only one that's not working,when game is uploading i get message "unable to open texture file Textures\weapons_james.dds" so whatever that is and if you can help in anyway please do so if not tnx anyways but i would love to try to play it

Ok, I advise you redownload the mod. I would guess that it hasen't downloaded correctly and make sure all the folders are there.

mbfreak2 said:
Sieges WILL be improved massively in future by making a NEW siege scene where calvary is also enabled. Coming soon....

Well then I hope that there will be no [steep] ladders. Otherwise, this will happen:

Cavalry arrives at ladder first.
The Horses get stuck attempting to move up, moving at .01 MPH.
All infantry gets stuck behind.

:razz:

Back
Top Bottom