FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Some of the NPC's look like guys but they are female in the dialogue. It's pretty annoying and quite amusing when i call knight-lookin person Lady/My Lady and all abridgments of such female titles.

yea its quite funny, you know if you call a female knight,warrior your companion it means their your spouse(your wife or husband depending on your sex)

ive done everything and when it loads up it comes up with this message " unable to open file: CommonRes/costumes_a.brf" please help

Hey new to the forums
This is an amazing mod and can't wait until the next version comes out. Heres my problem, found out that you get a stack of renown for killing Lords so that what i did. Got a huge army of 700+ (only have 250 filled of the 700 slot). only problem now is that everyone hates me :/ Was part of Northern Kingdom and had town that i captured, only problem is i have to disguise myself and defeat my own guards to get into my own town :/ Any way to solve that considering every faction is like -30 or more. I cant buy peace from a lord.

Nickgt1985 said:
Hey new to the forums
This is an amazing mod and can't wait until the next version comes out. Heres my problem, found out that you get a stack of renown for killing Lords so that what i did. Got a huge army of 700+ (only have 250 filled of the 700 slot). only problem now is that everyone hates me :/ Was part of Northern Kingdom and had town that i captured, only problem is i have to disguise myself and defeat my own guards to get into my own town :/ Any way to solve that considering every faction is like -30 or more. I cant buy peace from a lord.

I don't know how that happened. Sounds like you're screwed.

Just wondering if it's possible to actually beat the Masked One.  I do 0 damage to him :sad:  I tried fighting him with an army of 400 when he was alone and basically got my ass handed to me. 

Taelfael said:
Just wondering if it's possible to actually beat the Masked One.  I do 0 damage to him :sad:  I tried fighting him with an army of 400 when he was alone and basically got my ass handed to me.

As far as i know - no there isn't a way yet.

I managed to beat him but i didn't actually fight him. I fought his army until his army was much weaker than mine, then send my troops to attack without me and they defeated him. I dont think the computer calculates his awesomeness when it decides who win those battles. Just fight him until he has almost no troops left, then retreat and then tell your men to fight without you. You should win that way, although i didnt capture him :/

Nickgt1985 said:
I managed to beat him but i didn't actually fight him. I fought his army until his army was much weaker than mine, then send my troops to attack without me and they defeated him. I dont think the computer calculates his awesomeness when it decides who win those battles. Just fight him until he has almost no troops left, then retreat and then tell your men to fight without you. You should win that way, although i didnt capture him :/

In the sense i believe was asked, no it wasn't possible, but the way you put it, yes it is quite possible - ive done it many times.

Sorry to bother you i know you  must have loads of updating to do and such...

im having problems downloading the mod, its probably something really simple but im useless with computers.

im clicking the download link.
im getting the 'Opening Choas War v0.7.rar' window.
its asking me what Firefox should do with this file.
im clicking 'Save File' but in 'Firefox (default)' (probably where im going wrong).
its then downloading like normal, and when its finish i double click it and it gives me exactly the same window as earlier.
if i then click save it downloads again, and if i click open i get a blank Firefox page.

i haven't had this problem before, usually it downloads when i double click it, i extract it etc, i have mount and blade the original, war band, and the eagle and the wolf mod which have all downloaded fine in the past.

i simply don't get it. Thank you for your time, any help is appreciated.

PembieUK said:
Sorry to bother you i know you  must have loads of updating to do and such...

im having problems downloading the mod, its probably something really simple but im useless with computers.

im clicking the download link.
im getting the 'Opening Choas War v0.7.rar' window.
its asking me what Firefox should do with this file.
im clicking 'Save File' but in 'Firefox (default)' (probably where im going wrong).
its then downloading like normal, and when its finish i double click it and it gives me exactly the same window as earlier.
if i then click save it downloads again, and if i click open i get a blank Firefox page.

i haven't had this problem before, usually it downloads when i double click it, i extract it etc, i have mount and blade the original, war band, and the eagle and the wolf mod which have all downloaded fine in the past.

i simply don't get it. Thank you for your time, any help is appreciated.

Click "open file with ..." and then select Winrar (or whatever your unzipping program is) . Then just extract to the M&B modules directory :smile:

I don't know what you mean with the "save file in firefox", can you upload a screenshot?

Yeah I cant find the files when I download it, I find Chaos War word document but thats it. Any help?

what are the soldierrs with green armour and long pikes they broke my shield in 1 hit and the shield had 1000+health :/ these bastards are deadly :smile: any idea how to get them???? :razz:

Back
Top Bottom