Fallout 4

Users who are viewing this thread

It is
giphy.gif

Bluehawk said:
Bed, Bath, and Beyond dropped a trailer for the new Automatron DLC about three days ago.

Ha, I see what you did there. Speaking of DLC and mods.. still need the G.E.C.K. released though. Maybe it will be released by the end of April?

Wasteland Workshop - April 12th
It is very obvious this next DLC is the smallest and not as satisfying. Bethesda is probably focused on releasing some if not all of the DLC first before the Creation Kit.

nop, it's the second add-on init.

These "create your own whatever" add-ons are so boring. What does building a robot even do? It's useless when I can kill everything easily on my own. Same with a house. Like, there's no point in any of it. What we need is an actually well-written piece of content that is 10+ hours of rich story/exploration/excitement. Too bad that's unlikely to happen (the well-written part).

usnavy30 said:
Wasteland Workshop - April 12th
It is very obvious this next DLC is the smallest and not as satisfying. Bethesda is probably focused on releasing some if not all of the DLC first before the Creation Kit.

I hope they make some fixes in to the settlement builder. Like being able to merge different kind of prefabs. Without having gaps in your walls etc.
I see they already took that planter idea and put it into their expansion.

mr.master said:
Anyone else trying the new Survival Difficulty?
I have not but I look forward to trying it out after getting the hang of the old Survival difficulty. I am definitely and honestly not looking forward to fast travel being disabled and only able to save when sleeping in a bed. In other news the Creation Kit is in beta and here is the newest trailer to showcase the progress to releasing the Creation Kit and mods. Where mods for console players at least will be streamlined through Bethesda.net and coming later.
For console players, Mods will be coming to Xbox One in May and PlayStation 4 in June.

Source: https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/fallout-4-creation-kit/2016/04/26/114

I love that Bethesda is self-aware in a way. One of the mods that comes to mind immediately is weapon holstering. A must for immersion that perhaps even console players can enjoy.

Has the forum had a general opinion on this game? I bought it months ago but only played 3 hours before I got too annoyed with the graphics (they seemed cartoony or something, everything looked like it was made out of playdough) and the dialogue system. I've been meaning to get back into it, at least for the story, but I can't seem to get myself around to doing it.

I'm a pretty huge Fallout fan, even enjoyed 3 a good bit, but I can't stand this game. Played it for 5 hours on my brother's steam account, uninstalled it and never looked back.

Let's be honest, it's a Bethesda game, so wait 3-5 years to buy it for $5 on a Christmas sale when all the DLCs have been released and mods have fixed the game (making it at least tolerable).

Icy Fresh Werewolf said:
I've been meaning to get back into it, at least for the story, but I can't seem to get myself around to doing it.

I played it for about thirty hours. And everything that I enjoyed had very little to do with the story.
So at some point when I started to get bored with the sight-seeing, base building and shooting. I decided to just finish the story instead. But it was really bland. And I quit about maybe halfway in. Bethesda's games have never had a very good story, but I feel like all the story quests and pretty much most quests in general in this game are just boring and very unengaging.

Radalan said:
Icy Fresh Werewolf said:
I've been meaning to get back into it, at least for the story, but I can't seem to get myself around to doing it.
I played it for about thirty hours. And everything that I enjoyed had very little to do with the story.
So at some point when I started to get bored with the sight-seeing, base building and shooting. I decided to just finish the story instead. But it was really bland. And I quit about maybe halfway in. Bethesda's games have never had a very good story, but I feel like all the story quests and pretty much most quests in general in this game are just boring and very unengaging.
Oh, really? Damn, well alright, I'm still planning to play it at some point just because I like the Fallout universe so much and want to get the full experience of sorts, but this, as well as other stuff I've read on the game, doesn't make me particularly enthusiastic. :\

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/05/04/fallout-4-far-harbor-dlc/#more-364175

Hrm, this might, MIGHT just convince me to reinstall and play though. Have there been any real amazing mods released though? Overhaully kind of mods.

So I got to this video like a second after they released it. Was the second viewer. It means a lot to me.

Didn't know the vanilla mechanics were so bad that they needed a mod to fix it.

Back
Top Bottom