B Tutorial Other Face Morphs and Vertex Animation

Users who are viewing this thread

I tried to add an elf race with its morphs. When I compile it gives this answer:
screenshotso9.jpg

and then it crashes when I try to launch the game.
I don't know if the new morphs are involved, since they're more than the original 19, or the number assinged to the race in module_skins.py, since I could not understand why after "Man" it has 0 and after "woman" there's "skf_use_morph_key_10,".

Can't seem to get this to work.

I'm making another orc variation for TLD.

I exported the native head obj with BRFEdit.
Then I changed it to this pretty boy in Wings:

Then I exported as md3 as instructed and tried to do the frame editing in 3Dmax.
Then I exported again as instructed to vta and imported the vta to BRFEdit again.
Looked ok in BRFEdit, but in game it turned out like this:

Then I did it several times again, and every time some sort of vertex anomaly appeared on the head.
Even if one of the frames moved it just the slightest little bit, in game it was screwed.

Starting to give up. Can anyone help me out or do this for me? It's a basic vanilla head, just slightly adjusted, no vertices added or removed from the original.

I'm having issues with modifying the frames on my new head mesh as well. They seem to be immensely incompatible with the old mesh's sliders, which I don't think can be edited until the Module System comes around. Whenever I append a new shape .obj in BRF Edit, it seems to add in fine, and I can scroll between the various frames I have defined... but once in game, each and every slider operates only on the last frame in the list. So the results are often pushed to the extreme, with every slider shoving the morph further. It's all right to test with for now, but I wonder how much having the Module System and being able to edit the scales and times of all the sliders is going to help; I would have expected each frame to be tied to one slider, but no, they're all tied to the last one.

It's odd.

sorry to necro bump, but has anyone made a more up to date version of this?

When I export the md3 animated vertex to my art program, and mess around with the frades, none of them move, is that a problem with the exporting? I'm trying to import but the frames dont change.

Back
Top Bottom