Explosions at Boston Marathon

Users who are viewing this thread

Appearantly, 2 bombs have exploded at the Boston Marathon endline.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/two_explosions_at_boston_marathon_iMR0LCkcwASg0RQfVsH1yI

Around 12 confirmed dead.

I'm not sure they've confirmed bombs yet, but it seems to fit. If it is, the question remains: foreign or domestic in origin?

Not terrorists.

Why?

Point 1. The bombs were small (as seen on the pictures) and it seems very ineffective - Sure, three death and twelve badly wounded is terrible, and I feel sorry for them and their families, but driving a car into the crowd present there would have been more effective. Terrorist bombs would have been A. more effective and B. more deadly.

Point 2 - Weird places to put bombs. A Charity marathon? A library? A hotel? The first ones are 'public' places, and thus sounds terrorism more likely there - But that's kinda ruled out by point one. It seems the bomb placer just wanted to get as many blasts and attention as possible. There would be a lot of news reporters at the marathon, of course.

My guess some crazy psycho who teached himself to make bombs wanted attention. Either that, or this is all part of a plan to let people think it's just one crazy dude, and there's a big blast coming up. Conspiracy theories, go!

Terrorism doesn't necessarily mean Al Qaeda, you know. Random nutjob attacking people base on some manifesto is still committing terrorism.

Terrorism is more organized (at least in my opinion) and based on, indeed, a manifesto.

These bombs are ineffective, placed weirdly and there still has been no claim. Seems like crazy-people-work.

Havoc said:
Vicccard said:
Not terrorists.
*snip*

All terrorists have to start somewhere, these guys may be noobs.

I suppose that's true. What I mean is, I consider it unlikely to be done by a big Terrorist group already popularly known.

Still, I do wonder what the intention of these people were. Get as many kills? Attention? Anarchy?

Mage246 said:
I'm not sure they've confirmed bombs yet, but it seems to fit. If it is, the question remains: foreign or domestic in origin?

Article says there was a third explosive device that didn't go off, so I'm going to say bomb.

Definitely a terror attack. We'll have to wait and see if anyone claims credit. Otherwise I'm blaming anarchists.

If they are explosive devices, what kind would they be?
Prolly not too geared towards shrapnel, there would have been more casualties surely?
So it's possible that it's just a plain packed explosive substance?  :neutral:

Also sad and hoping for the survivors to pull through.

Kobrag said:
If they are explosive devices, what kind would they be?
Prolly not too geared towards shrapnel, there would have been more casualties surely?

It's pretty small for 12 casualties, but then again it WAS the marathon, and I'm no demolitions expert, so I can't really say. Maybe someone with a background in explosives and demolitions can clarify?

Back
Top Bottom