Exploit: Consider War-Peace

Users who are viewing this thread

iRkshz

Regular
As you can see in the video, I`m SOLO completely captured ALL fiefs of Battania, while reducing the "paying tribute" (because there are nobles of Vlandia in the fiefs, I automatically take them prisoner). This exploit works with all kingdoms (you just need to know where the enemy army is so that you have time to capture the fiefs).

This is another reason why, after a declaration of war, there should be a minimal time limit before a declaration of peace - for example, 10+ days.

P.S. For those players who will ask why to do this, I will explain:
- you need money to hire clans, and if you have all the fiefs of your faction, you will have a stable economy (because there is no culture penalty, and you will have time to raise the prosperity)
- you (and your clans) need t4 troops to be strong, this will give constant access to a large number of t4 troops
- you need influence, so that you are not a puppet of your clans, and the "complete" kingdom of fiefs will give you 30+ influence a day, which will FOREVER solve the problem with influence (and you will have the time and influence to adopt all the right policies)

Last edited:
So your exploit is that you can make peace with 0 support because you are ruler with no vassals, so you begin and end wars to stop them from counter attacking as you take thier fiefs. I don't know how bad that is, you could just take the entire faction prisoner and take thier fiefs at your leisure if you build your char to do so.

The 10 day minim is probably a good idea regardless though.

Do you experience an increased amount of faction declaring war on you as you do this? I read that frequent war declarations give you some "aggression" credit and make it more likely to have multiple war declared on you. But perhaps that has come on gone with updates. Also when you eventually want peace is the tribute price outrageous or sustainable?

- you need influence, so that you are not a puppet of your clans, and the "complete" kingdom of fiefs will give you 30+ influence a day, which will FOREVER solve the problem with influence (and you will have the time and influence to adopt all the right policies)
This part is not true IME, eventually your vassals will run you out anyways, but at that time they are doing so well you can just let it go pretty much.

So your exploit is that you can make peace with 0 support because you are ruler with no vassals, so you begin and end wars to stop them from counter attacking as you take thier fiefs. I don't know how bad that is, you could just take the entire faction prisoner and take thier fiefs at your leisure if you build your char to do so.

The 10 day minim is probably a good idea regardless though.

Do you experience an increased amount of faction declaring war on you as you do this? I read that frequent war declarations give you some "aggression" credit and make it more likely to have multiple war declared on you. But perhaps that has come on gone with updates. Also when you eventually want peace is the tribute price outrageous or sustainable?

1. It is important to take into account that there would be no enemy's army nearby. Therefore, you can NOT capture EVERYTHING... and why is it all, you only need the fiefs of your culture.
2. Before that, I was 10 years at Vlandia, saved up troops, collected gold (2.5 million gold without a forge)
Therefore, yes, for me any penalty is acceptable, because after that I quickly hire ALL Battania clans for 200-300k gold, because they are without fiefs, after which I declare war and withdraw the penalty.

This part is not true IME, eventually your vassals will run you out anyways, but at that time they are doing so well you can just let it go pretty much.

lol dude, this is 100% true, there will NEVER be lack of influence (I have 18k now), all my clans (17) are obedient puppies who do what their king (me) wants
trust me, this formula works 100%, I've done it many times already

Last edited:
This is my biggest problem with the game currently. I dont think there needs to be a mininum time before you can declare peace, the AI should consider peace offers and reject peace offers if the formula returns below a specific value. The exact formula should include a decaying 'new war' value that would make it much harder to get a peace right after your declare war, however, if you declare war on a faction much much much much weaker than you than the difference in strength would outweigh the penalty and you would still be able to get peace right away. It should just be almost impossible to get peace against stronger factions unless you do a lot of damage, and similar factions until the new war penalty decays significantly.

Because you're either paying them tribute or beating them so badly they are grateful for anything to make it stop.
But you arent. I built my kingdom by declaring war on the northern empire, taking a castle and then declaring peace over and over and over again. Their military strength was 6k where as mine was about 500 so I Was not beating them badly, and as far as tribute, I hardly think 2k in tribute is worth losing a town, and even if it is, to what end. If I just took one of their castles but they are currently sieging 4 of mine that I have no way to defend, why would they accept peace even if it is for tribute?

Because all clans get a cut of tribute and they all like money.
How ever it is justified, it doesnt change the fact that you can exploit it to take over the entire map with out any challange.

Also, if clans like money then they might have a problem with you after the 10th or 20th fief of theirs you take. 2k a day doesnt make up for losing half of your settlements.

How ever it is justified, it doesnt change the fact that you can exploit it to take over the entire map with out any challange.
That's true. I'm just describing how the AI is thinking.
Also, if clans like money then they might have a problem with you after the 10th or 20th fief of theirs you take. 2k a day doesnt make up for losing half of your settlements.
Most AI clans lose money on their fiefs, especially castles.
edit: That's a bit strong, so let me add nuance: if left at peace for a time, or even a low-level war, their garrisons will gradually grow to the point that they spend all the fief's income on its garrison. The exceptions are high prosperity towns and settlements they just don't bother properly garrisoning for whatever reason.

In comparison, tribute is basically just free money for them. They don't even need to own a fief (although it helps with shares) to receive tribute and wealthy clans' tribute funds are indirectly funneled into poor clans' coffers via the kingdom welfare payments.

That's true. I'm just describing how the AI is thinking.
The problem is that the AI isnt thinking. The AI doesnt get to consider the peace offer at all. Atleast if they do they have accepted every one of mine. Also, if I declare war and take a castle and then put in for peace, they get tribute fare enough.

I then declare again and take another castle, while I am doing this the AI starts seiging one of my settlements so I offer a peace. Tribute does not stack, the AI gets not a cent more for accepting my peace treaty. Infact, if they continued to siege out and take my settlements they would get MORE money in tributes because the war would be less onesided. In this case the AI has no benefit to accept my peace offer, especially if they greatly outnumber myself.

I then declare again and take another castle, while I am doing this the AI starts seiging one of my settlements so I offer a peace. Tribute does not stack, the AI gets not a cent more for accepting my peace treaty. Infact, if they continued to siege out and take my settlements they would get MORE money in tributes because the war would be less onesided. In this case the AI has no benefit to accept my peace offer, especially if they greatly outnumber myself.
Yeah, that's how it works.

Back
Top Bottom