Expanded Music System

Users who are viewing this thread

sockmonz

Recruit
No matter how many hours of epic music you put in a game if you play that game enough it will get repetitive (unless it's Taylor Swift). That's no problem though, someone will surely make a detailed guide on how to change the games music right? Wrong it's still a problem because I'm one lazy newb of a fat heifer and i'm sure other people are too. That is why I am proposing a simple system that allows users to add music to Bannerlord in a way that is fluid. Preferably it could support ogg, mp3, wav, and flac. Seriously though give me a reason to have osts I'll never listen to on there own.

sockmonz said:
No matter how many hours of epic music you put in a game if you play that game enough it will get repetitive (unless it's Taylor Swift). That's no problem though, someone will surely make a detailed guide on how to change the games music right? Wrong it's still a problem because I'm one lazy newb of a fat heifer and i'm sure other people are too. That is why I am proposing a simple system that allows users to add music to Bannerlord in a way that is fluid. Preferably it could support ogg, mp3, wav, and flac. Seriously though give me a reason to have osts I'll never listen to on there own.
Ever heard of this thing called Spotify?

Spotify and downloaded music is what i currently do. I just don't like like how it doesn't change based on what's going on like the soundtrack in game does. If that doesn't really bother anyone else I guess this was a useless suggestion.

sockmonz said:
useless suggestion

no such a thingy. Just because a few people disagree with you, it doesn't take value from your idea. Devs will add it depending on value x cost (expected return).

could be a something like:

/music
/custom_music
  /battle
  /tavern
  /(other scenarios)

you just drop new music files on their respective folders and the game would play they when appropriate.

as a modder I don't personally need it (as I can already do it anyway), but I see the point from a player that doesn't want to mess with code.

I get the point on alt tabbing but when I played GTA V it was really immersive to have my music playing when I was in a car and tuned to the channel. Not sure if it also inserted commercials or applied a filter to make it sound more radioish.

The best answer seems to be the hope that modding it in isn't too hard to do.

Since we are all in speculation mode anyway, what kinds of music would you guys put into your game if you could swap out battle/overland music?

Reapy said:
Since we are all in speculation mode anyway, what kinds of music would you guys put into your game if you could swap out battle/overland music?

Rome II/Attila campaign music would fit really well. If there is one thing CA got right, it's the music. Bannerlord though, copied some tracks used in The Guild II.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEHw8WaTu4o
It sounds familiar, doesn't it? :razz:

The Bowman said:
Reapy said:

Rome II/Attila campaign music would fit really well. If there is one thing CA got right, it's the music. Bannerlord though, copied some tracks used in The Guild II.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEHw8WaTu4o
It sounds familiar, doesn't it? :razz:

CA's production is off the charts, needs new game designers though :wink:  And yeah that does sound familiar heh

Yep, sadly for me, the music is already old, since I've played The Guild II to death. I know every single track used in that game, and once I realized Bannerlord uses it too, things became quite disruptive. Essentially, my thoughts and emotions will tilt towards a game that belongs to a totally different genre and is set in a different period. The music by itself is fine, but I'll always taste that piece of Renaissance when playing in the Dark Ages of Bannelord.

An example:
PC Gamer event: https://youtu.be/bbrnPtybNd4?t=19m48s
The Guild Soundtrack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ8yvHSUeDo&index=31&list=PL3BF69B9B4E0CA16F

Ugh.

Any possibility that is placeholder music?  That is pretty common in a lot of things to just take stuff that already fits and have it in there during testing, though showing that on stage I guess might not be a good idea if that was the case.

I hope they don't do what AA2 dev did if you want to add in custom music
What they did is you have to reformat the file to another file type and rename it a specifically so the game can play that music
Something tell me they going to have their own music file type

kalarhan said:
sockmonz said:
useless suggestion

no such a thingy. Just because a few people disagree with you, it doesn't take value from your idea. Devs will add it depending on value x cost (expected return).
Thank you for pointing that out to me.

Reapy said:
Any possibility that is placeholder music?  That is pretty common in a lot of things to just take stuff that already fits and have it in there during testing, though showing that on stage I guess might not be a good idea if that was the case.

It could be placeholder but even if it isn't, most of the time we will be hearing the various pieces of faction music, which we know from blog 9 will be/has been produced newly for bannerlord. I don't think we've heard more than one or two of the 'general' tunes anyway; I doubt they just lifted the whole Guild 2 soundtrack and stuck it in Bannerlord (though what I've heard so far I like, and I've never played the Guild games so it is all new to me!).

The OP's idea is a decent one, though I wouldn't be inclined to use such a feature myself.

Back
Top Bottom