Existing maps discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

Leberecht Reinhold

Master Knight
Ardennes:
Feels too big for public play. It almost always end in a draw. Its great for LBs, but for normal battle its too much. Either remove it or create a smaller version, using Ardennes (Small) for public play and Ardennes(Large) for events.

Le Haye:
Old haye was better. More open field for cav, and now the back is so vulnerable that the defends have little chances. The reason is that the windows at back make staying in the coutyard a dead trap.
I would:
- Add a ladder back to the roof! This was great and added a lot to the haye.
- Close the "windows"
- Close the back entrance, as it allows to total rape.
- Put and entrance to the right side.
So basically, more like Old Haye.

Arabian Harbor:
Cav shouldnt be allowed in this map. Too much obstacles.

Wallonian Farm:
Cav should be allowed: There is room to limited movement, and would speed art hunting.

Strangefields is the best map for intimate engagements, in my opinion.  For larger fights, I love Borodino.

What's that map that keeps popping up in Siege?  The one where there's a full-length fortress wall with all the cannons on top, and the attackers have to cross a river that's right in front of the wall and bring up ladders?  That map is insanely laggy, and I've never seen the defenders win it.  Of course, it don't help that some idiot on the inside always opens the gate...

The Siege map with the massive lake infront needs some bridges to the mainland yeah, and some of the larger maps really do need trimming or smaller versions made of them.

I really think the European city maps should have a few lower apartments hollowed out and made into proper rooms that both sides can break into with Sappers to create new routes.

What that one where you spawn inside a building? La Haye?

Spawn in the courtyard. It turns into teamkill-central every time as people are trying to rush out.

Ardennes: too big.

Agreed on Farm and Harbour swapping the no-cav rule.

Back
Top Bottom