Excess Food

Users who are viewing this thread

I think the new food mechanic is definately better than in the previous titles. It's a great system, but it definitely needs some tweaks as it can be ignored completely after certain game-progression. Basically as you get horses, your carry limit grows exponentially, and as your carry limit grows, you can get so much food that it can be enough for 2 years. Whole sieges, campaigns and battles don't get effected by the food factor at this point. There was a devblog which was just about the food mechanic. I think fixing the food mechanic would help the snowball crisis greatly. Because at this rate, food is not a concern neither for the lords nor the player. I'm not expecting the foraging parties or scorched earth mechanics in EA, but simply hard caps or tweaks might help with the issue itself and it might improve the snowball issue for now.

You don't have a fief yet.. right?
Food mechanic is absolutely broken for any fiefs, especially castles.
You can build granaries to upgrade your storage capacity, but it hardly matters when you get 1 village raided and suddenly get minus 20 tons of food per day.

Prosperity eats away at food
Food eats away at prosperity
You can get stuck in permanent negative loop without any means to supply your fief with food, or cap prosperity to how much food it can sustain.

I was not writing about the fief food system but the army food system. But yes, I'm aware of the situation with fief food problem. I sometimes had to carry food from other cities to my city market, hoping it would solve the food problem. After some time stopped caring :razz:
But raiding villages are a nice way to thin out a castle's garrison, but it also probably contributes to the snowball effect.

Back
Top Bottom