Everybody loves Xena leather armour!

Users who are viewing this thread

tianyadaniel

Regular
Doomguide leather armour, defence+80, very unscientific for leather armour, but I like it!
35e.jpg

35d.jpg
That's what we called AMD(armour of mass distraction)!

I put a steel bolt from a siege crossbow right between the cleavage of one of these Doomguides. Magic is the only explanation she didn't instantly drop dead.

Surprised it got those stats. If i remember right the dev team have said there will be no bikini chainmail armors, and stuff like that, for quite some time. The armor doesnt really bother me since i will probably not see it that often, except at the moment i run around with 60 doomguides  :???:

tianyadaniel said:
Doomguide leather armour, defence+80, very unscientific for leather armour, but I like it!
35e.jpg

35d.jpg
That's what we called AMD(armour of mass distraction)!
i wonder, where did you get this Xena-like armour? haven't seen this one yet.

If armor like that is going to be used, its ridiculous to give it any decent armor value, i wish they kept the old Doomguide armor. Instead the class that uses it should have very high stats and proficiencies, along with good weapons, similar to a female berserker.

It was tweaked from shop in my test save file. I was doing translation days ago, updating item file. Quite surprised to see leather armour for doomguide, even surprised to find DEV team bothered to add a leather armour. So I checked txt item file, +80 defense, mind-boggling! I must see it ,so tweaked txt file, got it from shop, nice...

Believe its origin is from Xena Princess! Any matching helmet ?

tianyadaniel said:
It was tweaked from shop in my test save file. I was doing translation days ago, updating item file. Quite surprised to see leather armour for doomguide, even surprised to find DEV team bothered to add a leather armour. So I checked txt item file, +80 defense, mind-boggling! I must see it ,so tweaked txt file, got it from shop, nice...

Spangenhelm matches it. By the way how to you recruit Doomguides anyway? Just knock a ton of them unconscious and try to recruit them from prisoners?

tianyadaniel said:
It was tweaked from shop in my test save file. so tweaked txt file, got it from shop, nice...
ah ok :smile: and yes, it looks like one Xena used to wear.

Borge_AU said:
Spangenhelm matches it. By the way how to you recruit Doomguides anyway? Just knock a ton of them unconscious and try to recruit them from prisoners?
Thank you! Don't think they can be recruited directly. My guess is recruit Seer Initiate prinsoners and upgrade them to Doomguides.

Borge_AU said:

The way i recruit them most of the time, if possible, is to lure The Three Seers into an enemy campaign. Then they take a few of them as prisoners, and i can hunt down the lords that got any of them as prisoners. Doesn't work too well if The Three Seers got a large prisoner train though.

But if you are gonna knock them unconscious and then recruit them, i would recommend you to store them in a castle right after recruiting them, so they doesn't run away :wink:

Its high armor class is indeed from being imbued by divine protection and magic. The armor is hard to get by and only used by the Doomguide (plus the player can choose to use it if the player manages to acquire it).

Previously the Doomguides wore Noldor armor which is not something they really should be using (- though they still carry Noldor bows).

This armor will stay as is, as a very rare and powerful light armor. (The doomguides are seductive troops which is why they wear this armor.)

noosers said:
Still, AC 80 is about the highest AC around. The more quarrelsome if the player can use it.

Actually it is body armor 60 and leg armor 20 (- just to emphasize that it is not body armor 80). Which means it protects as well as a very good plate armor.

Treebeard said:
Its high armor class is indeed from being imbued by divine protection and magic. The armor is hard to get by and only used by the Doomguide (plus the player can choose to use it if the player manages to acquire it).

Previously the Doomguides wore Noldor armor which is not something they really should be using (- though they still carry Noldor bows).

This armor will stay as is, as a very rare and powerful light armor. (The doomguides are seductive troops which is why they wear this armor.)

So the divine protection and magic imbues their arms and legs, to be protected from attacks? :wink:

The magic also increases the breasts of the wearer, this helps cushion blows to the chest. A lot of its AC value comes from the distracting effect on enemies, simulating weaker, reluctant blows.

please tell me that is armor is like the other female armors in the game, in that it magically changes the body of male wearers to a female form?  :mrgreen:

Why would you want to grow boobs?

edit:

And 60 AC is still higher than every single suit of platemail has - unless it has incredible requirements or can´t be used by the player it´s totally overpowered. Things like that resurrect the realism nazis, be warned.

Well that sure is one way of looking at it :razz:

But was it put into the game cause of the Doomguides being ''seductive troops''? I just remember reading multiple post from dev team members, that there wasn't going to be any chainmail bikini armors(and stuff like that) with high stats put into the mod. From my point of view this sure falls under that, and personally i can't accept it with the fact that they are seductive and empowered with magical protection. But thats just my opinion, and it isn't my mod. I'm just a confused fan of the mod :wink:

Back
Top Bottom