Every time bro

Users who are viewing this thread

Vlandia is a stupid faction that should be deleted and replaced with anything/
Completely remove CAVALRY bonus AND BE DONE WITH THIS ISSUE since the beginning of the game,ITS BAD ITS AWFUL!
OR MOVE EVERY CAVALRY bonus to start at T3!
Imperial and Sturgians get T3/4 and T5 cavalry dudes,not cool!
That or make Menavliatons,Spearmen(heavy and normal)aand all noble troops ignore the 20% bonus.

Either that or PLEASE nerf the Vlandians and Khuzaits!
Lower prosperity of towns by like 2000,reduce starting parties,reduce clan level of T4 to T3 and T3 to T2,reduce hearths in the villages!

These changes should have been in the first week!
And remove the shields from Vlandian Crossbowmen AAAAND freaking nerf the cut dmg of Glaives,I'm tired of how stupid these 2 are!
Long Live Vlandia! Hail Derthert the king!

Long Live Vlandia! Hail Derthert the king!
Too bad he died within the first year of my first playthrough (which was a super long unification one) of natural causes lol.

I, unironically, think their crossbowmen would be better if their shields were replaced with a second quiver since they don't have enough ammo to mix well with archers and, being unable to separate them (unless that's changed recently), it's best to go all-in on crossbows or archers but never both since crossbowmen at least have the utility of being good "backup infantry" thanks to their shields. Better yet, give their quivers at least 30-something bolts since the 20-something (I believe they have) is trivial, especially on PS4 since multi-wave battles are the norm once sizes go above 500 total and that means they'll be spent in the first or second wave most of the time and not functional as shooters for the rest of the battle.

Too bad he died within the first year of my first playthrough (which was a super long unification one) of natural causes lol.

I, unironically, think their crossbowmen would be better if their shields were replaced with a second quiver since they don't have enough ammo to mix well with archers and, being unable to separate them (unless that's changed recently), it's best to go all-in on crossbows or archers but never both since crossbowmen at least have the utility of being good "backup infantry" thanks to their shields. Better yet, give their quivers at least 30-something bolts since the 20-something (I believe they have) is trivial, especially on PS4 since multi-wave battles are the norm once sizes go above 500 total and that means they'll be spent in the first or second wave most of the time and not functional as shooters for the rest of the battle.
😔

Fr though the shield on the back is kinda odd. I'll keep your idea in mind for a simple mod once I get a grasp on it better (currently learning)

😔

Fr though the shield on the back is kinda odd. I'll keep your idea in mind for a simple mod once I get a grasp on it better (currently learning)
If I were a PC gamer (I've been playing on PS4, although taken a break since February so mostly over last Winter) I'd probably download a relevant mod to do this. Otherwise, a way to separate crossbowmen from archers would be great since I do like the flexible niche crossbowmen have in Bannerlord but not the constraints their lack of ammo has. I wonder if they lacked ammo in Warband but, due to there being far fewer combatants (usually), I just never noticed. Crossbowmen used to be my preferred ranged troops since they seemed more steady and reliable than archers in Warband (never spawned with javelins/jarids that'd detract from ranged usefulness either).

At least Derthert's living well last I was playing. :razz: His son (whose name I've forgotten) did a good job being Vlandian King, though, since he ended up being my most dangerous enemy in my clan's first generation until he and I died of natural causes around halfway through the playthrough.

If I were a PC gamer (I've been playing on PS4, although taken a break since February so mostly over last Winter) I'd probably download a relevant mod to do this. Otherwise, a way to separate crossbowmen from archers would be great since I do like the flexible niche crossbowmen have in Bannerlord but not the constraints their lack of ammo has. I wonder if they lacked ammo in Warband but, due to there being far fewer combatants (usually), I just never noticed. Crossbowmen used to be my preferred ranged troops since they seemed more steady and reliable than archers in Warband (never spawned with javelins/jarids that'd detract from ranged usefulness either).

At least Derthert's living well last I was playing. :razz: His son (whose name I've forgotten) did a good job being Vlandian King, though, since he ended up being my most dangerous enemy in my clan's first generation until he and I died of natural causes around halfway through the playthrough.
I feel like BL is one of those games that just needs to be played on PC to get the full potential of it but that's just me.
As for Derthert, yeah he's great as long as he's paying me, but one day I fancy being king 😏

quite frankly they need to implement more viking conquest style features.

stretch out the current map more, break it up, add a couple more cultures, move some of those that presently exist around, have more multi-kingdom cultures and multi-culture kingdoms from the start, small states, vassals, protectorates that have various reasons that prevent their neighbors from immediately swallowing them up. (oddly enough I think this is a problem that the AI for some of the board games might be able to solve for 'how' that might work incentive-wise.. and yes VCR for warband did have issues with the smaller welsh states not lasting through the first year).

Calradia is crowded and frankly feels more like it's the size of Anatolia regardless of the accelerated/scaled year.

Battia feels out of place entirely; like it would make sense if it was like Calradia years -400 to 400.. kinda.. but it's out of place; the empire feels disjointed, they want to have a rome-analog but it's lacking a lot of the foundations of the early mediaval era.

of they wanted anglo-saxons and picts they should have them on Balion and just bite the bullet and add boats. to me the Vlandians are clearly franks.

I feel like BL is one of those games that just needs to be played on PC to get the full potential of it but that's just me.
As for Derthert, yeah he's great as long as he's paying me, but one day I fancy being king 😏
I agree, but I can't afford it lol. Otherwise I'd buy any game with a good modding scene on PC.

I hear it's a little easy to become the king simply by existing at the time of your ruler's demise; I'm curious how true that is and whether it's been worked on in the past few months. Sounds silly to just be the new guy in the noble democracy and, suddenly, everybody votes for you to be the new king of their country lol.

Calradia is crowded and frankly feels more like it's the size of Anatolia regardless of the accelerated/scaled year.

Battia feels out of place entirely; like it would make sense if it was like Calradia years -400 to 400.. kinda.. but it's out of place; the empire feels disjointed, they want to have a rome-analog but it's lacking a lot of the foundations of the early mediaval era.
I can't say I mind the Anatolia inspiration since it's something I'm not used to, and justifies the lack of naval gameplay (in Warband--not so much now, give Lake Laconia and the Jade Sea separating Eastern Calradia from its northern and southern neighbors, but maybe that'll change in ~5 years or the next M&B game) due to it being, mostly, a mountain country.

I don't think making the map bigger is a good idea since, I suspect, a big reason why the A.I. make questionable strategic decisions is because the map is too big and they're not factoring proximity enough in their urgency. Or, rather, I believe it's easier for a dumb A.I. to function well enough in a smaller, enclosed space than in a bigger, wider space.

I like Vlandia being overly strong. If you want an easy-mode game: join them. If you want a harder game, play on the opposite side of the map from them. If you want the hardest time, go face-to-face against them straight away.

Options are good to have.

I don't think making the map bigger is a good idea since, I suspect, a big reason why the A.I. make questionable strategic decisions is because the map is too big and they're not factoring proximity enough in their urgency. Or, rather, I believe it's easier for a dumb A.I. to function well enough in a smaller, enclosed space than in a bigger, wider space.
I mean ideally this would be fixed by having an AI that would take distance into account, that would stop the "please ransom my neice she's on the other side of the continent kidnapped by bandits"-issue/etc. failing TW's actually making a strategic AI that isn't terrible you're probably correct.

I mean ideally this would be fixed by having an AI that would take distance into account, that would stop the "please ransom my neice she's on the other side of the continent kidnapped by bandits"-issue/etc. failing TW's actually making a strategic AI that isn't terrible you're probably correct.
I agree with you if TW can do it with good A.I. for it. Otherwise, I think designs have to be made with the limitations of what TW and their systems are actually capable of.

Assuming they could do it, though, then I do favor both making the world bigger and including more cultures/countries inspired by other parts of the real world since one little thing I really enjoy in Warband and Bannerlord is going across the world for whatever reason. I quite like how, in both games, it looks and feels quite different going from the desert to the steppes to the taiga to the middle plains to the western coastline. Bannerlord's map is quite beautiful, in my eyes, with the greater density of mountains and rivers really emphasizing what I enjoy most about maps and nature. Ultimately, though, I would have been content if Calradia remained as it was in Warband but with the new dynastic and lifespan features so I wouldn't be opposed to the next game being smaller in landmass if the upside is everything working better and more cohesively.

😔

I believe it's based on the fact that Genoese Crossbowmen carried a large portable shield (Pavise) that they would use as cover when reloading.
images

Obviously not very well represented in-game, since it's treated like any other shield. (LOL I can't imagine even the strongest man trying to hold up a Pavise and swing a Sword at his enemy at the same time, well I suppose it could be done in a pinch like hip firing an LMG.)

You know it's funny Battania was doing well in my latest playthru, they had like 8 Towns. Somehow they effed up and the Western Empire, Vlandia, and Khuzait basically became the dominant super powers at 14,000ish men each. Though somehow the Northern Empire made an amazing comeback from just 1 Town. Simp Empire got wasted. Only reason Vlandia is failing is because they keep picking a fight with me, and I basically wreck them in any scenario with my 1000 man army. Even when they get 2000 man doom stacks I just sneak-in to castle/town and route them. I'm glad the A.I. can at least team up on sieges, but it is hilariously stupid how a 500 man army will go siege the 1st castle they can, even though my larger 1000 man army is within sight, and will just catch up to them soon as they do.

I was trying to keep Sturgia alive as proxy state/independent clan, but I got tired of sniping Castles/Towns, formed a Kingdom, and cannibalized what was left when they attacked me.

That said I did run into one scenario with Vlandia that was unwinnable in a 500 vs. 500 just because of their superior troop composition. That said I am using my troop mod and a cultural assimilation mod which has greatly lowered rebellions (good thing) but I'm a bit iffy at the speed settlements convert. Really wish there was some kind of built-in cultural conversion mechanic, it's pretty silly that you can hold a fief for years or decades and the culture won't change at all. Notables change culture, but it's very slow and random. It's interesting, but also a bit odd to see multiple cultures in one Town.

f65N5aB.jpg

Fun Fact: High Roguery will make you stupid rich

Yeah Battania is basically a Dark Age Celtic Kingdom, in a Medieval setting. They feel really out of place, though it's kind of implied Battania is very old based on their architecture. Would have been nice if Battania was more like a proper Medieval Celtic Kingdom.

Empire is clearly very Byzantine styled, but then they got all these classic Imperial Rome inspirations which feel a bit silly. It's like blending a bunch of ice cream flavors, the end result is you have no real flavor.

I like Vlandia being overly strong. If you want an easy-mode game: join them. If you want a harder game, play on the opposite side of the map from them. If you want the hardest time, go face-to-face against them straight away.

Options are good to have.
The problem isn't that they are overly strong, they are actually pretty weak in base game live battles, it's that simulated battles (A.I. fought battles) heavily favor them due to their two lines of melee cavalry. Pretty sure it's same with Khuzait and their two horse archer lines.

Only real "easy mode" is recruiting exclusively Fians and Khan's Guards, actually one alone is usually good enough. Making the game harder is irrelevant; you could just use Recruits entire game. Well closest thing to hard mode IMO would be "Mercenaries Only" absolute garbage troops with extra high wages, and spotty recruitment.

Yeah Battania is basically a Dark Age Celtic Kingdom, in a Medieval setting. They feel really out of place, though it's kind of implied Battania is very old based on their architecture. Would have been nice if Battania was more like a proper Medieval Celtic Kingdom.

Empire is clearly very Byzantine styled, but then they got all these classic Imperial Rome inspirations which feel a bit silly. It's like blending a bunch of ice cream flavors, the end result is you have no real flavor.
there's also the problem of lacking any religion and that kind of making everything also pretty bland;

having dark age celts or anglo-saxon-jutes wouldn't be as much of an issue if they were on an island and implied to be fairly far from the centers of innovation and trade.

the cultures are too cohesive as a whole, which I think undermines the potential of the clans system, but there's simply not enough "room" in terms of the number of settlements to really make for breaking them up into smaller fiefdoms that might have contradicting interests, nor a system that really allows for new factions to emerge quite well (I think this is also a problem of the Aserai, who frankly lack "depth" in terms of how far south they go.

that northern landmass/peninsula/continent should have settlements on it and be slightly less frozen, with what is now "sturgia" basically made into the baltic coast.

Back
Top Bottom