SP Modern Europe 1944

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TacKY

Banned

d-day02-2.jpg

This is a full conversion mod for the war in Europe beginning in 1944, this will be my first project and I will be doing everything alone. Righ.t now Im just pondering it and learning actually how to mod.So tell me what you want and I will TRY at the best of my ability to to add them in there.I will use Satellite images like the Renaissance Mod to get a Map of Europe.​

Projected Features:
Paradrops on town sieges(Optional): I was thinking about this and need feedback on if this is possible and ideas on how to do this.
Artillery
Sniper Missions(To assassinate leaders)
Concentration Camps
Execute Prisoners

Give me your Ideas

Factions:
United States
Britain
Germany
Italy
Russia
French Resistance

_40229567_mapdday300.jpg

Im going to have the US faction start in Britain and you can join automatically on any of the allies except the french resistance which want you to prove to them you can kill the Germans. There will be d day landings, Have it so that when u land across the waters, u start on the beach with MG nest firing down on you from the cliffs and you have to scale the steep hill there which will be suicide but when you join the US faction at the start screen, you automatically become a Marshal with a 100 troop limit and you just call a campaign so you can land with as much as 1000 men with reinforcements flowing.

Remember, I haven't begun anything, so this will be a long-term project.

Give Feedback

Pali Gap said:
It's a conversation mod?

Wow, this'll be interesting.

Joking, good luck on this. xD

:neutral: Im afraid too.

Well, Im looking to make some Concentration Camp scenes, this may be controversial but it was part of the war and this was when they were finding the majority of them. Have it so that when u take a certain town, after the battle, at the back of the town there is a camp  and civilians standing around inside and bodies on the ground and barracks.

something you might consider is when first starting, the tutorial battle is D-day and you choose your side.

also just a side note, if starting at d-day, italy was already pretty much dead. Rome was captured on june 4,1944, d-day was june 6 1944. if you want italy to be a real player in the game you may was to start either sept 3 1943, when the allies crossed the strait from sicily to italy, or on july 10 1943 when sicily was invaded.

anyway good luck with your mod it could be very good, you sound determined. if you need historical facts feel free to pm me.

Im going to name all the towns after real places. Im going to try to add an action where you can execute prisoners. It starts a sequence where all prisinors are in front of you and about a couple of ur units surround you and the prisioners try to run and you mow them down, just like what the training scenes looks like.

Septus said:
something you might consider is when first starting, the tutorial battle is D-day and you choose your side.

also just a side note, if starting at d-day, italy was already pretty much dead. Rome was captured on june 4,1944, d-day was june 6 1944. if you want italy to be a real player in the game you may was to start either sept 3 1943, when the allies crossed the strait from sicily to italy, or on july 10 1943 when sicily was invaded.

anyway good luck with your mod it could be very good, you sound determined. if you need historical facts feel free to pm me.

I just finished watching the World At War series and feel fresh and I know Italy was pretty much dead but hey, maybe I give them like one Major city and a castle, then a couple of fiefs. I will PM you if I need assistance, thanks.
And about the tutorial thing, if i can somehow implement it, than yea, sounds like a stellar idea. Maybe, have it if you are the Nazis and repel the invasion, you can invade England, but if you dont, the US will either move in from Spain or try to re invade while your on the Eastern front :wink:

Pali Gap said:
You certainly are going full-out on this one, huh?

Hell yea, After seeing 1914 go down, I want to see another World War mod and after not seeing any other ones, I guess I will give it a go.

Pali Gap said:
There is China Battlefield WW2.

I know, Im looking into try to using some of their Models, but I going to create mostly new models. And they gave me the inspiration to try the European theatre.

Yeah, you guys could join up and make a global map and it'll be the entirety of WW2.  That would be spectacular.

Pali Gap said:
Yeah, you guys could join up and make a global map and it'll be the entirety of WW2.  That would be spectacular.

Once I get my bearings, I could add the European  Map onto their Map, but for now, Im just thinking of the present and releasing a Alpha version by March and that is a stretch

How do I make a Sig/link which if people click, it goes to my post. And I want to use this Image
Paratroopers_Crete__.jpg

If you can do it, can you tell me or do it yourself? But I need it a lil cropped down

And im also wondering if I can have dynamic weather like in Winter, I can replace all the green with winter and then in spring it goes back to normal?

Im trying to see if this will work, I know people have been trying to make Tanks for ages but what if you made it like a horse, remodel it to look like a Brute hulk of a tank and have it move as the fastest horse and shot cannons?

Pali Gap said:
But then you couldn't kill it.

How so? Remodel the cannon to like a M9A1 Bazooka, get a soldier to use it. I will try to work out the technicals on to how to have it resistant to bullets.

No, no, no.  That's not what I mean.

You cannot edit the skeletons in M&B.  That means that any horse item that is larger then a normal horse cannot be killed except for by being hit in the part that was the shape of the original horse.

So you could have a giant dragon to ride on instead of a horse, but you'd have to make it's neck just right so the player could sit on it without clipping and you could only kill it by hitting it in a tiny part of it's chest.

Of course, this could be used as a feature rather than a limitation.  You could make it so that you could only kill the tank by shooting it in the engine area or something like that.

Pali Gap said:
No, no, no.  That's not what I mean.

You cannot edit the skeletons in M&B.  That means that any horse item that is larger then a normal horse cannot be killed except for by being hit in the part that was the shape of the original horse.

So you could have a giant dragon to ride on instead of a horse, but you'd have to make it's neck just right so the player could sit on it without clipping and you could only kill it by hitting it in a tiny part of it's chest.

Of course, this could be used as a feature rather than a limitation.  You could make it so that you could only kill the tank by shooting it in the engine area or something like that.

So I can make it so the NPC is holding a cannon on the horse but have the Horses head and saddle just right but model all around it and make it look like a tank?
Is Armagon going to let us modify the Skeletons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom