EUA_PW4 - Main Server Thread and Rules. Server LIVE

Users who are viewing this thread

Currently there is an issue with the map itself making some people crash when they try to enter the server, we are working on it now to sort this problem out.

BLUDR3C0N said:
Currently there is an issue with the map itself making some people crash when they try to enter the server, we are working on it now to sort this problem out.
2 days ago I was crashing after every 2 to 4 minutes. I wish you good luck in fixing this problem.

BLUDR3C0N said:
Try and keep it below 600KB, 650KB isn't bad but going into the higher figures just isn't healthy for people's computers. An example is the world map, over 1000KB, the idiot who made it has a gaming computer but people with low end comps crashed upon joining the server that hosted his map. I suffer this when I enter servers with 750-800KB maps. Keep the new map small with around 4-5 castles and a commoner village/town that doesn't dominate the map. Don't add fancy sewers unless you know that the map size is still healthy. On a lighter note I should be back today.

_Redemption_ said:
The problem will be fixed soon. We're going to change the map.
It'll take some times, we've to edit.
The map is a surprise  :grin:.

All pray it's not the valley! (and it has ships)

TDC_Overlord said:
BLUDR3C0N said:
Try and keep it below 600KB, 650KB isn't bad but going into the higher figures just isn't healthy for people's computers. An example is the world map, over 1000KB, the idiot who made it has a gaming computer but people with low end comps crashed upon joining the server that hosted his map. I suffer this when I enter servers with 750-800KB maps. Keep the new map small with around 4-5 castles and a commoner village/town that doesn't dominate the map. Don't add fancy sewers unless you know that the map size is still healthy. On a lighter note I should be back today.

The "world map" is an image created by Aldric's staff for the roleplay campaign, not a scene.

TDC_Overlord said:
BLUDR3C0N said:
Ok thanks, I will note that down and try to work on the map to reduce its file size.

After 3 minutes of spectating:

> my favorite castle has my favorite dress (even having any dress in the casstle worth noticing tho)
> lots of place for ships

I kinda like the map :3

[UPD]
> Peasant dress
> Stock count: 125
plz reduce to like 10, for not many people are buying those and it is not like 2k+ players daily on server to justify that.

[UPD]
No really, plz fix that oO
stockcount.jpg

> never being crafted
Because the stock is always full. Me, personally, craft these staff. And some classes have 1-2 tailoring, but being unable to get any reward makes this useless except for weaving.

[UPD]
I'd also add that (even though i know it will never happen) target stocks for tools like sickles, repair hammers, knives and such should be lowered to 3-5 or so, that's all because now the craftsman is totally a useless class while being really important in middle ages. I liked the idea of having low target stocks (even zero for high-tier stuff) on the old map, the economy was more diversed like that.

And also i don't get it why map makers love mining that much - first, it ruins the economy, second, iron is something that should be always in demand, not something you can find liying on the road because stocks are full and no one needs this crap. There should be fighting for resources, not just for useless castles and better k/d ratio.

The current is a quick update of a old beta2 version, once people get accustomed to castle war and such we will be able to deal with economy more.

send me your steam on pm if you want to suggest some changes

He did the same on RCC, he is just trying to get the map suitable for his play style. Nothing more

Also you have the same answer as we did regarding clothing stocks

hirovard said:
He did the same on RCC, he is just trying to get the map suitable for his play style. Nothing more

Ehhm, i actually believe it's just better for the economy in total. And the new EUA map has a real problem with stocks of everything. I mean, there's a place that has 125(!) plate armours(!!), it's just crazy. Or 125 bride dresses - we won't have THAT amount of weddings on server in a few real time years.

[UPD]
And yes, my play style is about economics and roleplay, i don't see why a map shouldn't be suitable for those things.

> but asking every server because another rejected you is not the way to go about it

That's because i play on both and both has similar problems, no?

Back
Top Bottom