Error when executing build_module.bat

Users who are viewing this thread

Greetings

I'm trying to learn modding for Warband/Napoleonic Wars and I thought I'd start with following the steps recommended by Lumos in his The Ultimate Introduction to Modding (right click to view the original thread). I know the original thread is from 2012 and many things have changed since then.

Getting down to business...

I downloaded the Napoleonic Wars Module System 1.21 and Python 2.7.18. After that I installed Python 2.7.18 in C:\Python27.
Now I'm using Windows 10, so I went My Computer > Properties > Advanced System Settings > Environment Variables (it's in portuguese but you get the picture)

Picture-1.jpg

Anyway, I edited the variable Path in both User Variables for Admin and in System Variables, adding ";C:\Python27".

At some point, it is said “Now, make sure you have permissions to read and write in your ModSys folder and in your Mount&Blade folder”. I don’t know how to do this. When I right-click the ModSys folder or the Mount&Blade folder and go properties in attributes “Reading only” is checked but when I uncheck it, apply the new setting, close and then reopen properties for the respective folder it’s checked again. Am I missing something? How do you grant permission to read and write in any folder?

I copied the native folder, pasted it in the same “Modules” folder with the name “Experimental”. Using Notepad++ I edited “module_info.py” to say “export_dir = "C:/Program Files(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/MountBlade Warband/Modules/Experimental/" as is recommended by Lumos.

Then, when I go to double-click “build_module.bat” I get a bunch of errors.

dwr7TX.jpg
dwrT2p.jpg
dwrAvI.jpg
dwruYN.jpg
dwrz4R.jpg
dwrRpt.jpg

What do I do to fix this and get the desirable result?

At Windows 10 it's not
Code:
;C:\Python27
it's only
Code:
C:\Python27
so without the semicolon at the beginning.

I believe you're refering to editing the path variable. Thank you, I did not know that. I changed that but still got the same errors later on when I run “build_module.bat”.​
How would you grant permissions to read and write in your ModSys folder and in your Mount&Blade folder? As I said, when I right-click the ModSys folder or the Mount&Blade folder and go properties in attributes “Reading only” is checked but when I uncheck it, apply the new setting, close and then reopen properties for the respective folder it’s checked again. I simply don't know how to do it. Would appreciate some help on that also.​

Upvote 0
Hm, I have no experience with Windows 10 at all. I only knew about the path variable since it has been reported at other places already. It also shows no errors for 'Python not recognized' I just noticed, so it should all be fine anyway.

One question though: The tags say that you try to mod NW and you also mentioned that you downloaded the module system for it. Your file path however directs to Warband Native. Did you copy paste and rename the Native folder or the NW folder? I think it should be latter one.

Upvote 0
Hm, I have no experience with Windows 10 at all. I only knew about the path variable since it has been reported at other places already. It also shows no errors for 'Python not recognized' I just noticed, so it should all be fine anyway.

One question though: The tags say that you try to mod NW and you also mentioned that you downloaded the module system for it. Your file path however directs to Warband Native. Did you copy paste and rename the Native folder or the NW folder? I think it should be latter one.

I am trying to mod NW. I just switched the path to the NW folder. Thank you. I hadn't noticed that mistake.
Unfortunately I still get the same build_module.bat errors.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom